What is Veeky Forums's opinion on FOREX trading?

What is Veeky Forums's opinion on FOREX trading?
It's a much larger market than the stock market, it has high liquidity, and through proper technical analysis, you can call profitable trades. So my question is, why haven't you people sat down, study the markets, and take profits?

Not to mention you don't need a large amount of start up capital due to the huge amount of leveraging brokers offer

>proper technical analysis

jesus christ that irritates me on so many levels. not just the triangles but the fact that it's being done on a phone. but the picture is just a general one i found, not my own work.

Going long on stocks is easier.

Every interaction with the market adds more potential for error.
Forex can work, sure, but it's for faggots who want to risk big. Most cunts lose.

the risk isn't that big though, unless you're a retard and don't use stop losses, then you risk what you're willing to lose

>Every interaction with the market adds more potential for error.

law of large numbers working against you?

I want to start forex. Where do you suggest I begin bro? And merry xmas!

babypips.com bro, It's a long course, but it teaches everything you have to know.

if it was that easy, everyone would do it.
and yet there is no proof of someone making constant gains of over a longer period of time

>babypips.com
thank you senpai, much appreciated

>no proof of someone making constant gains of over a longer period of time

i work in a fintech firm coding technical analysis tools. i'm a data scientist and thinking about starting my own firm. But you still need some starting capital to be able to take risks which eventually make you profit.

nice proof you dumbfuck
i'm talking about gains of over 30% p.a.

>It's a much larger market than the stock market, it has high liquidity,

as far as 99%+ of retail traders are concerned this is bullshit as you won't have access to the largest pools of liquidity

you have access to shitty retail ECNs with opaque rules and dodgy bucketshops

The Forex analysis on Tradingview is the best advice you can get for free imo desu

You don't need access to the largest pools of liquidity, you just need enough liquidity to sell off or buy back instantly once you've reached your stop loss for example, to prevent further losses. Which there is. As far as shitty retail ECN's, you have to do research and pick the right one, there's a couple solid one's that are well known for being reliable, so that's not much of a problem.
yes, i agree with you 100% there are some very reputable traders on tradingview, im thinking about starting a second account taking trades strictly from trading view, see how far that gets me.

Forex is very dangerous

your stops mean jack shit

you shouldn't use stops anyways. stop hunting is a real thing.

there was plenty of warning that this was going to happen. you need to be update per day on the economic news, conferences, etc.

FOREX is for the beast to bring down global currencies.

He will bring "devaluation" and "hyperinflation" via forex rigging so a brave new world can enter.

jesus christ that would've been a nice hefty profit right there.

you've got to be kidding right? i shouldn't use stops? and stops mean jack shit? the stop hunting, yes it's a real but not very common thing.

>but not very common thing.
ok. just use stops and watch the price promptly reverse direction after taking your liquidity.

if your order is on the books, the computers are calculating probabilities. and they are much smarter than you. nothing in the order book, and they got nothing to snipe.

>implying one broker can fluctuate prices in a $5 trillion dollar market, lmao get out of here

>implying it's not a fuckload of algos going stupid as bids get pulled and pulled
>implying the spot forex market is the full 5 trillion
>implying some pairs don't have a spread of at least 5 pips and up to 25 pips

you weren't here when user posted about how GBP flash crashed and wiped out 100k and set his account to 0. it's amusing watching noobs trade. you're gonna get fucked. just like this guy go ahead. learn the hard way. the best lessons hurt the most. your arrogant ass will be knocked flat. i won't be offering any more tips. i'll be watching for new forex threads though. it's always fun for a laugh.

Except i wouldn't be making trades worth $100k, even better worth $600k. Keep it small take constant profits. Don't risk hundreds of thousands of dollars, that's idiotic

There's literally no volume for months before the drop, you'd have to be a fucking retard to trade that pair at the time.

Forex can be your worst nightmare

You kind of have to on Forex, the spread and changes are so small, if you don't use the 50x leverage you barely make pennies.