>SBC or LS swap

its how you know the owner has zero skill or imagination

ikr
also
>mpgs

>anything american

>making purist butthurt with your swaps

Or a limited budget.

Or isn't a hipster who needs to feel "special" to be an enthusiast.

>why do people use keyboards? That so unimaginative. I use the far inferior, more expensive, less supported rotary telephone adapter as a keyboard. I'm a better enthusiast than you.

aka

skilless imaginationless pleb

people who swap either one arent even enthusiasts they just want a cheap thrill they dont like cars

FCA automobile chassis
engine shared with GM
Ford badge

Been done since the dawn of time. Your point being?

That's not a GM engine moron.

damn user just stop posting, you have the most stupid way of thinking

You sound like someone who likes the idea of cars but not driving them.

yes

I realize being a car enthusiast is irrational

Stay mad.

I like it.

I wanna put my LT1 in my crown vic so it can finally be able to speed.

the LS3 cayman had more power was lighter and didnt fuck the caymans amazing balance
ford remains btfo

this desu

Bump

Point still stands. Oldsmobile and Cadillac V8s were popular swaps in the Golden Days of hot rodding

>being this autistic
>Posting the definitive undisputed worst girl
LS motors go in everything lad

>plebbest everyman engine layout
>gentleman racer

buckle up kid, because they co-developed a transmission together because neither one wanted to engineer one alone with the cost.

I did it myself, so you can gtfo

Are you... upset?

Does kaji look that shit in the manga?

I bet you use arch linux too

Non-Mustang Foxbody + 5.3 LS + big single turbo = best cheapie drag car.

Face it, the options with an SBF are simply way more limited.

Kek

>Skill-less
If they perform a single LS conversion, that'll be one more than you've ever pulled off. Fabrication requires skill, especially going from one engine mfg to another.

>Just want a cheap thrill
Any automotive enthousiasts is looking for an engaging ride at a reasonable price. If you think people should only enjoy expensive or unique things, you're just a snob.

Why do DOHC V engines exist? Fucking boat anchors....

Why isn't the Coyote booth twice as big as the LS one?

Why bother putting a Mod motor in there, when you could've used an Audi V8 for about the same price?

good for trucks, stupid for performance cars.

How is DOHC good for a truck? It's bigger, heavier and more complex while putting out less power.

Do you mean LS engines are bad for performance cars? How is reliable power in a compact package bad?

no but I use a Unix based OS

Im a car enthusiast so I would never swap a LS

because they are better than OHV engines

DOHC is bigger and heavier which is better for a truck because it holds more torque.
OHC like LS is better for performances.

LS isnt OHC

its OHV which is shit for performance comparatively speaking

Top bait

For real though, you can't even begin to whine and bitch about engine swaps. They are the perfect example of aftermarket ingenuity, imagination, and creativity.

It's like saying an LS swapped Miata is boring

Everyone knows ford is shit. Thats why they have to steal designs so people can buy their "pretty" cars without paying for the real deal they copied from
>See explorer, fusion, new lincoln shitboxes, etc

yea i meant OHV
way better for performances

LS swapped anything is boring

>wow a LS swap
>neva been done befo

I will repeat it adinfinitum LS swaps are boring and just shows off how unimaginative and skilless the person is

except where its worse in every way except packaging

>tfw no Roush 588 swapped Miata

luckily i dont think anyones swapped an engine to garner praise on a taiwanese oyster shucking board.

Its for the gains

So it's boring because it's a popular swap? K. I guess all good and/or popular things are boring.

Guess a 2gr-fe MR2 is boring because it's a popular swap

This is good bait

You really don't know what the fuck you're talking about, do you?

the torque is good for trucks its a well know fact.
but OHV is lighter for performances.

What about an LS turd gen? They almost bolt right in and for not much money either. Bothering to swap anything else in would just be pissing away money and time when an LS is gonna do the job just as well if not better.

did I miss something

Don't bother. It's obviously too mainstream for his hipster self. Don't you know that if you can't spend months and thousands of dollars figuring out an obscure engine swap that you're a worthless piece of shit?

Smaller displacement for same power output. Rev better, sound better, better gas milage. Bigger but still nice.

Is she using the toilet?

tha gawdmasheen

Lets's compare an Audi 4.8 with a 6.2 LS for example.

The LS is physically smaller, Lighter, More reliable and puts out more HP and TQ than the 4.8. What's the point of the DOHC again?

It always comes down to hp/l in Europe or on Veeky Forums when it's hp/lb that matters more. If you finally learnt this you wouldn't have sub 5 liter V8's that are the size of a big block Chevy V8.

Good luck getting 2 hp and 1.5 lb ft of torque out of an OHV NA engine. You can't do it

Sorry 2 hp and 1.5 lb ft per cubic inch

my godmachine is the perfect engine. V6 DOHC naturally aspirated.

exactly what I want to pair with my driving philosophy.

That's extremely easy now days, Many daily drivers are exceeding that. Boats, Rock bouncers, Trophy trucks, ect will make that and go flat out for hours on end.
What's the most you can get out of a Audi 4.8? Like 500 on a good day before the 80 feet of timing chain disintegrates?

There's a reason why there's a GM on the moon and not a VW...

youtube.com/watch?v=Wjr6ah3TG6I

In her suit? doubtful. i have one of her doing so if you're interested.

>There's a reason why there's a GM on the moon
The rover? where the hell is the engine and what even is it?

>i have one of her doing so if you're interested

Never change Veeky Forums

alphonse, please, there's no air on the moon for an engine to work.
Stay in school.

Sort of relevant, but the lunar rover uses Renault 10 disc brakes. They needed 4 wheel discs and nobody else had a set that was small and light enough.

I'd dick it

Why does it have to be "different?" you're as bad as stance spics at that point. What a dumb fucking argument

If you want to be different then swap an LS into something dumb like a Ford Aerostar. Otherwise kys

A reliable Ford? Can't be a bad thing for any poor sucker behind the wheel of one.

>the car is stupidly fast
>turns out a piano company designed it

What an asshole

To be fair, the van did pull into a car pool lane while over a solid line, meaning he was fully in the wrong, and almost killed the biker.

that still gives zero justification for destruction of property. mr. special snowflake on his organ donation express doesn't need to be speeding in the carpool lane, anyways. dickless cunts like that give all bikers a bad name.

kill YOUR SELF

that mirror smash was absolutely deserved

I've punched a mirror off for literally that situation. Don't be a fuck and you'll be fine

U mad sloppy mech just hit 1k to the wheels with a stock 6.0L?

Not really, faggots need to learn a lesson.

>speeding
How do you know that? Didn't look like he was speeding to me.

>someone breaks the law
>almost kills you
yeah, the van driver should have been shot.

LS was stolen from the gods by GM

>single guy on a bike in a carpool lane
>very clearly speeding

He wasn't exactly in the right here either

oh, you meant the biker was the asshole.

no.

Depending on your state, bikes are allowed to use them.
Plus you don't know if he has a passenger.
Also judging by the speed of the cars around the video, they're probably not speeding (or speeding enough for a cop to ticket them)