Hey Veeky Forums, I need some advice. I currently have an almost stock 04 RSX-S...

Hey Veeky Forums, I need some advice. I currently have an almost stock 04 RSX-S, and I'm thinking about changing its visual appearance. I'd like your advice on whether or not tein coilovers would be a good idea, and would a Thule/Yakima roof rack with a fairing look good? Any other advice is appreciated. Thanks
Pic is similar to the roof rack I'm thinking about getting.

>buying a roof rack for the looks
You're a goddamn retard.

I'm actually gonna put skis on it when the season comes lmao

If this is your everyday driver, tein coilovers are fine if you don't mind being more careful around speed bumps.

>roof racks
Unless you're going to actually use them, you're a fucking idiot. The humming from yakima roundbars will drive you insane above 40mph without a fairing, and even with said fairing, you're still going to get a lot of wind noise.

I should probably also mention, the foot pads for the Yakima towers are utter shit and will melt onto your paint. Put a clear car bra over the contact points if you go this route.

Roof racks look stupid on cars. Fucking stanceboy ricefags.

The only time a roof rack should be on your car is when there's something on top of it which requires a rack, otherwise, take that fucker off.

So would thules be better? Or should I just try to fit the skis inside the car when I need to carry them

Just shove the skis up your ass then take a flight to wherever it's snowing that much

Car looks GREAT the way it is. Wheels is all it needs. No side skirts. Nothing other than the factory wing. No front bumper. You could MAYBE put a front lip/splitter on. But other than that and wheels its perfect from the factory. All you'll do is ruin it.

Ayyyy sound like a plan :)

Some 17s would look better I think. Any specific wheels other than rpf1s?

If you're fine with paying a premium, yes, but expect a similar amount of noise. I will say that roof racks are a bit awkward on coupes, especially those with short roofs like Integras. Just my opinion though.

Honestly, it's better to keep the skis in the car if you have the room. You're not using the rear seats anyway, so just fold them down. The reason why I have roof racks on my car is because my longboard legit doesn't fit in my car without severely compromising visibility.

Most Koseis look good on Hondas.

The car is already complete with window tint.
Tein is shit btw, they'll last maybe a year.

I didn't read the TEIN part on OP.
Tein has been SHIT for years. Hard, uncomfortable, cheap materuial. I actually own an RSX type S OP. 6 months ago I put teins on. Took them off a month later and bought factory shocks/springs. FUCK that uncomfortable as fuck ride. I sold them and lost a few hundred.
>spring and shocks from an after-market company /= necessarily mean better handling.

How come? Do they leak oil or something? Any others you'd suggest? Maybe meghan ig.

One day you will learn that factory > after market
Unless you are building a high HP car.

thx I'll just fit them inside, saved me 250 for some other shit I might get. Would an exhaust system such as invidia n1 be a good mod or is it plain rice

save up for an s2000 instead

My co-workers always use Function and Form.
I had HFP suspension on my 09 Civic Si that I sold to my friend, he's still using them.

I have invidia gemini on my z34. Very nice quality.

Spec A. Welcome

If you're gonna daily the car don't bother getting an exhaust, it sounds cool at first but you'll want to kill yourself later on.

>enkei RPF1s or kosei K1s with good tires
>factory wing
>form and function coilovers
>front splitter
>invidia q300 exhaust
>stickers
congratulations, you have now tastefully customized this car

>exhaust
Please no. Unless you are boosting up your turbo car (or have an insane NA), don't ever buy an exhaust. They ALL sound like shit on NA. They are ricer garbage.

I found this rsx online, looking to make mine like that, but how does one get type r side skirts and front and rear bumpers without overpaying? Seems like eBay rips u off

Go with a quality muffler, like one from skunk 2. An N1 will be annoyingly loud after a week of driving around.

Suspensionwise, just get thicker sway bars to keep body roll in check. This way you don't compromise ride quality while at the same time improving handling.

if you want quality parts you either pay the price or you don't get them.

just buy some ebay black housing headlights and rota knockoff wheels and call it a day, like every other RSX owner.

>quality
>skunk2
bruh that's like the textbook definition of ricer garbage. they just make their shit as loud as physically possible. the Invidia Q300 is just about one of the only acceptable catback systems for an N/A K20.

The Q300 sounds great, it's not loud. It just makes the tone sound less restricted and weak.

'no'
stock RSX ride height is monster truck tier

Agree lmao the wheel gap is too big for a sports car. The type r integra on the other hand looks great but trying to find coilovers/a whole suspension setup from them is a pain in the ass. Better off with some aftermarket ones imo

>stickers
>tasteful
wut

This is true is some vehicles. Others just have a great aftermarket scene; like the Mustang for example. Ford went cheap-o on the suspension until around '14, and other companies took full advantage and made very good, high quality parts.

This is what I don't get, the integra S in Japan and Australia looks way better than the usdm version. Damn safety regulations ....

Stancefags pls go

>a sports car.
Good thing it isn't a sports car but a sport compact on an economy car's chassis

Tanabe concept g or medallion is by far best for daily its quiet all the time nearly sounds stock at idle except WOT and still under 93 decibles to keep the police off u

Put the skis inside. I can fit a 6ft ladder in my em2 sedan

Keep in stock faggot.