What is the best state to own a car in and why is it texas?

What is the best state to own a car in and why is it texas?

>mandatory Cecile inspections

kek, not even close

Florida.

Texas car owner here. Came here to post this.

>private title registration
Florida wins. Houston fag here, and it's great. But that puts Florida over the top.

>Oklahoma doesn't have inspections

The good ol Gunshine state

Because Night Wave started in Texas.

I am in a non emission county, but the inspection is pretty easy pass.

It's painful how true this image is.

the roads here are shit. there's goddamn new construction everywhere plus existing roads are left falling apart. fuck you txdot

Gal/Houfag here.
Texas is okay. BUT FLORIDA KICKS OUR ASS

Enjoy your salt and rust

>salt in tex or flo

nigga u stupid

Stfu You niggers don't even have mountains to go touge in, Kentucky and Ga and SC is clearly superior in that regard

Salt and Rust in FA?

Haha

Does Florida or Texas have touges? I'm in Oklahoma right now. It's flat as hell and I'd have to drive at least an hour to find a halfway decent road. However, we have a really good track (hallett) and lots of cheap track days, also no jews to inspect my sikk mods.

>front plate state
>best

Try again faggots. You like drilling holes in your bumper so the man can more easily identify you and send you fines and shit?

florida doesn't need a front plate you stupid nigger

Because the speed limit is ignored. Legit have a vidya of my shitbox pegged at 85 and like 6 cars just cruising by. And your roads aint bad.

Yalls double level i-10 in the south and fucking 200 foot tall overpasses are terrifying on a truck tho.

Half the people in kansas i know tag their shit their because its cheaper to buy land and a house than tag a new truck.

....no, not kidding or role playing. This would be why i drive shitboxes

Former truckerfag.

FUCK U DOT AND ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THOSE CUMGUZZLING WANKERS

Insisting i ever wanna rocket down a mountain again.

Not in FL dumbfuck

>salt
>in FL
Maybe if you live on the coast, but inland FL has zero rust because the ocean spray never reaches there and no freezing winters so no salting roads.

The only thing I could think of is humidity. If you're that concerned about that then go live in Arizona or something.

t. Live in South Parrish, a few tens of miles from the coast, never had problems with rust.

Live where they salt the roads, rust.
Live near a salty coast, rust.
Live in a hot sunny area, faded seats and cracked dashes, dead paint.
Live near bodies of water/rivers, flooded.
Live near a forest, fire or tree falls on it.
Live in an area prone to hail, hail damage.
Live in hurricane alley, damage all around.
Live in a high pop city, door dings and smashed bumpers.
Live in a high crime area, broken into or stolen.

NO PLACE IS SAFE.

>salt + rust in florida & texas

we have now discovered the dumbest nigger to ever live

Wrong, it's Colorado or somewhere else mountainous.

It's almost like all you niggers saying florida are getting that florida is... florida.

Would rather kill myself than live in Florida.

did i do it right guys? looking to do a drive on twisted sisters outside san antonio, gonna do a little e30 blend tune in a few months.

if you want fun roads in texas youll have to go to the hill country around Austin and San Antonio, houston has some fun loops.

>not living in the secret underground that the government has built
LOL you abovies are so gay.

hush silly go-I mean guy.

>Kentucky
>The place where mountains are destroyed to mine fucking coal
Kek

I moved from Tx to Alabama...
>No inspections
>no title needed for classics
Shits all i care about.

Anyone posting FL is great for driving is on crack. Yes the roads are nice and smooth. They're also flat, straight and boring as all fuck. Then throw in the traffic and shit is a nightmare. No inspections is great, but fuck I miss the mountain roads. About the only thing I'll miss about living in New England is being able to go to the middle of nowhere with nobody around on a windy road with lots of elevation changes and beautiful scenery. You can't go to a seldom traveled road anywhere in this state and if you do it's flat and boring and it all looks the fucking same. It really bums me out too because I want to get a bike again because year round riding, but why even bother when all the roads are so fucking boring and I'll be replacing rear tires because they wore out in the center from riding in a straight line for hundreds of miles?

If you live on the coast vehicles do rust. Not like salt road tier rust. But they'll definitely rust. And if you've used your vehicle to launch a boat into salt water, which if you haven't you're living your life wrong, its gonna rust pretty bad. Worse than salt roads.

>Texas
>Florida
rofl you have to be joking
>welp I aint never been outta my home state but I reckon its da best
The highest mountain in Florida is 300 feet, there isn't a good turn in the entire state, what a pile of shit. Texas isn't much better and has safety inspections.

Best states
-California
-Colorado
-Montana
-Idaho
-Oregon

Worst
-Nebraska
-Iowa
-Oklahoma
-Texas
-Florida
-Kansas

holy fuck user i agree

nothing will ever beat driving in Vermont in the fall

>california
>best state to own a car

Lay off the PCP faggot

>Pennsylvania 2
>Pocono mountains, vast woodlands, lakes, rivers, streams, tail of Alleghenies

>NY 3.5
>Catskills, vast woodlands, lakes, rivers, streams

>WV 3?!?
>Literally the entire state is fucking gorgeous mountains and woodlands

>Tennessee 2
>The fucking smoky mountains, very rural and absolutely beautiful

>Nevada 6
Literally a desert wasteland, 1/2 of which is Nellis AFB

>Wyoming 7
>Take the boring parts of Colorado and make them into a whole state

>Fucking 6 for New Mexico
>some Colorado-esque good parts and neat desert, the rest is literally shit reservations and uninhabitable desert with some light coniferous.

Yeah this chart is garbage, probably made by some faggot from CA.
To rate every state east of the Mississippi a 5 or below is so wrong, the only explanation is that they have never been outside of the US west.

That was made by /out/ their priorities are different than ours.

Yeah all California has is
-the most miles of great driving roads by a huge margin
-Laguna Seca, Willows, Sonoma, and Thunder Hill
-Rubicon, Glamis, and tons of empty National Forest for off roading
-No safety inspections
-Emissions only in some counties for post 1975 cars
-By FAR the most active car scenes for all groups
-The center of car culture in the US
-Home to the largest concentration of automotive aftermarket, race shops, and media
-Events like Concours D Elegance, LA Auto Show
Yep sounds pretty shit

don't try to reason with the rest of the swine

Man I listed the shit that is about getting /out/.
Going out and seeing the beauty of nature is /out/. Driving 150 miles of nothing into Wyoming so you can be "remote" is a fucking waste of gas.
It's obvious whoever made that map is from CA and hasn't explored the east at all.

t. militaryfag who's been all over the country

You forgot:
>retarded high taxes, wanted $1k to register my buddy's car
>all the populated counties require smog
>CHP is cock
>stupidly expensive to afford a place that has a garage

It's certainly not bad, but it's definitely not the best for someone.

/out/ here. Even we hate that goddamn map. The guy that posted it keeps trying to argue "clearly I'm right because people hate it".

People hate it because it's ridiculously biased shit and he's an autistic raging asshole.

Not quite fall and not quite VT, but yeah, this is the only thing I miss about New England.

Upstate NY, CT, VT, ME and MA all have some complete fucking gold mines for roads. One of my favorites to this day still is the Hop Yard in CT.

Okay wait I'd agree with you if you say "best place to drive"

I'd rather live in Nevada and drive to Cali than actually try to do the fuckfest that is owning a nice car you can tune/mod in Cali so it doesn't win for "best state to own a car"

Alabama.

No inspections.
No emissions laws.
Zero rust, I never see cars with rust.
Very few potholes.
Minimal police force.
Minimal traffic.
Many curvy rural roads.
Cheap registration.
Cheap insurance.

...the street racing scene is dead though, but it is in most places. South Carolina is pretty cool too; huge street scene and lots of old muscle hiding around. The Florida panhandle is good too but not enough curvy roads.

That's standard procedure for CA fags.

>I've never been further than eastern Colorado and it was shit, so the rest of the country is probably flat fields and shit.
>At least that's what it looks like in the movies.

retard alert

This.
t. uruguayan
there's a huge difference in rust between cars at coastal locations and those inland, and this country is tiny (500km is the farthest from the coast before you're in Brazil/Argentina)

>Best state
>California

I want to know what fucking drugs it takes to say California is a good state legally.

>CHP fucks you in the ass
>Local cops are jaded as fuck
>One of the worst(If not the worst) economy in the US right now

What the fuck, user?

>t. Southern Kommiefornian

its montana

Lots of mountain roads

no inspections for safety or emissions

85mph interstate limits

vast areas of nothing where you can floor it because no cops

winters with lots of snow for sikk doriftos

dont salt the roads so cars rarely rust

>14 year old drivers
>and their great grandparents and THEIR grandparents driving
>everyone drives like shit
>eternally 70% humid
>every other town is a swamp
>the highest number on your tach is the average IQ
>cubANOs. haitiANOs, and every other kind of Latin American
>if the wind is even the slightest bit wrong, hurricane julio and his 7 brothers rape the coast
>did I mention how stupid people from florida are?

can confirm, he's a retarded asshole.

no state that has a town practically built around tubing can score a 1.5 using '/out/' criteria.

hey man texas bros just had a meet in twisted sisters

join the night wave thread there's a bunch of dudes in san antonio: mustang (flood), evo, gtr, brz etc

they have disney and oranges tho

>Cecile inspections
what did he mean by this?

I thought San Marcos could technically be considered a small city, because TX State

New Braunfels is also built around tubing.

I'm in Tennesse and I have no real complaints. Only $55 for yearly registration renewal, no state inspection, gas has been $2 a gallon for what seems like at least 2 years now. There are a few hidden highways around me here with decent views and curves if you're into that. A lot of flat straight aways too if you want to gun it. I hardly see any state troopers. Other driver's suck but really where do you not see that?

Arkansas is good. No inspections, gas is cheap as fuck, rules are lax on modifying your car/truck, and most importantly, there's lots of winding scenic highways. Just be prepared to die on them because we have the highest traffic fatality rate in the nation I think.