/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Skipped leg day:
>1.10 patch notes:
steamcommunity.com/games/374320/announcements/detail/261608645322016043

>Ringed City DLC stuff
Announcement trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79
Gameplay footage: youtube.com/watch?v=j8Ke647-xsU
Vaati's notes, trimmed (MAJOR SPOILERS, read with a grain of salt): pastebin.com/Y7MTapKN

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

1st for our girl

This thread is now blessed by Gravelord Nito.

What was Sulyvahn's endgame?

What's going on guys? This is martyr'sbrigade99 coming to you once again with another section of dark souls pvp.

soon

Also asked last thread, but can anyone give me tips on how to mix in R2's with UGS? I cant seem figure out when to mix them in. Atm Im using The Greatsword

Does anyone know if and when FROM are gonna announce their new action arpeegee geimu?

x'st for good time

Just do fully charged r2s and hope katana retards misjudge the range and run into them during their running attack spam.

>'
>section
dark souls 2? in their brilliance, they game developers elected to not allow the player to continue the animation from r1 to r2 and vice versa without resetting to the starting position

>All forms of Artorias' sword that you can make in DS1 are greatswords
>Wolf Knight greatsword in DS3 seems to be Arty's sword and is a greatsword
>The Farron greatsword, which is made for humans, is an UGS made to be used one-handed so as to confer none of the benefits of an UGS

Bravo Miyazaki

Surpass the Pygmy in the "Being a cunt to everyone for no particular reason" rating charts.

From last thread

Any tips for hitting people with the ultra greatsword spin slash? I've hit people with upward slash but spin slash seems to be slower, or am I mistaken?

Someone needs to make a compilation of the ashen one in knight armour getting rekt in all the promotional material.

L O N D O R

>Bad haircut
>Bad tattoos
>Bieber face

Nice to at least get confirmation that the uber-darkwraith armor is obtainable.

Those watery ruins look kind of lame though

You don't use it because it's by far the worst form of stomp.

Ty. I've found most of the armour sets I like have some form of a cape. And yet there's no green cape. Black red and blue no problem but I want some more exotic armour colours.

I wouldn't even mind if they were all "Faggot legion attire" about it.

How come nobody uses the wolf knight greatsword anymore? Just because you can't buff it? It has higger reach and ar than the claymore at least and I love the weapon arts.

It's kind of ugly, especially in DaS3 with how it's old and broken.

I like the moveset, but I wished we got the uncorrupted one

It'd be cool if upgrading it to +5 removed the corruption, even if it was just an aesthetic thing.

Sucks that it also costs all of your stamina. Even the warcry heavy attacks from greataxes cost less stamina than stomp.
Used it once in undead match, killed quite a lot of people. Greatswords and glaives are so fucking easy to use it isn't even funny. It wasn't even upgraded.

Shit taste. Greatsword of Artorias is one of the coolest designs for a sword I've ever seen. I admit I wish we got the true variant in ds3 instead of the broken abyss version, but you don't abandon something you love when it ages.

Is it normal that I deal pathetic damage against bosses on a higher NG+ circle or is slash damage just garbage against most of them? I deal around 250 while my AR is listed as 470.

I guess this precludes it being related to dragon transformation in any way

not that that surprises me, I doubt the dragon form will be touched beyond MAYBE fixing the headstone glitch, but considering how hard it is to pull off I doubt even that will receive attention

I just wanted to be a dragon wizard and actually use my dragon stones to kill people ;_;

Look at this hoity toity Elite Knight with his high speed hornet ring.....
......and you point down like you had actually done something GET OFF IT DUDE

And to the dude asking, I think DSP straight up gave up at Ludwig.

or fusing with another weapon like the twin prince.

>I deal around 250 while my AR is listed around 570

That's because the attack rating is the base attack value before it has to go through enemies' resistances and other modifiers like sweet spot damage, counter hits, instability damage and so on.

>posts 3DPD
>posts 3DPD with dyke hair
yuck desu

who tf is that big guy in the distance?

It's ugly as fuck though, it doesn't look pretty as the simplier ones like claymore or drakeblood, nor as interesting as the weirder designs like homosword or wolnir's.

The only reason to use it is if you're a metafag

Velka

>Fuse Wolf Knight Greatsword with Farron Greatsword to receive True Greatsword of Artorias
>2 handed r2 moveset is the farron combo but ends in the bonafide artorias jump from his fight and ds2
>weapon arts are unchanged but spit area denial abyss gunk

Would you use it? I sure would.

if would be neat if in general weapon aesthetics changed upon getting max upgrades. I can't tell you how irritating it is to have weapons in DaS1 that have an entire slab tossed into them, but they've still got rust and shit on them. Like really? this is a bonafide weapon of the gods but it's still got nicks and rust on it?

But dyke hair is goty. The just stole em from us

I've used it in every game, including ds1 where it was ""bad.""
It's just my favorite and I love it. How is it even meta when everyone else uses the claymore? Drakeblood is patrician taste though I agree.

It would be balanced by doing 200 less AR than your average CCS.

>The just stole em from us
yeah, meaning it's trash

Nah, it'd probably have a faith req though.

>Onyx Blade has 700~ buffed
>deal 150~ to NG_ Lorian

Split damage is a meme.

Can anybody please drop me symbol of avarice? I cleaned up all mimcs and only then remembered that i need to farm covenants.

If you could also drop sage ring+2, that would be superb.

Soul of cinder bonfire, pass dsg

>uses onyx, meaning its pyro
>not just blasting his ass with chaos orb

You are a meme senpai

If you killed all mimics, I thought the last one is guaranteed to drop it.

pcfcbf?

Ornstein when?

booting up my n64
there's no such thing

It was actually a """hex""" build, nothing I could think to use did shit against him.

Yeah, I thought so too, but alas.

Also, sorry, its not lord of cinder (i didnt kill him yet), its the one before him, kiln of the first flame

how to do a Spongebob cosplay in DaS3?

You can only do karate in BB unfortunately.

>uses a dark weapon
>versus dark resistant boss
>cries when he does no damage
bravo

>use an element the boss is resistant to
>it does low damage
woooooow shitty game

is the Deep a nice place worth hanging out in?

Time to spout your opinion, /dsg/!
>Curved greatswords need a slight speedboost
>Glaives, Greatswords, and curved greatswords need their hyperarmor removed
>Rolling needs less iframes/more stamina cost (kind of undecided on this, but the main reason for this is to discourage passive play and easily rolling away from any danger)

Seems like they're either super Darkwraiths (that don't mind using fire) or these are where the Darkwraiths came from

I recall Darkwraiths are said to come from a land long ago that fell to the Abyss

The Ringed City seems to have fallen to the Abyss

Yes, just find yourself a nice pile of filth to lie in. A sweetly rotting bed.

Then don't complain about how split damage works, you idiot. Pure dark would be worse. And a """hexer""" is perfectly able to use pyros
Do a buffbob build with the pizzapaddle. It's a few classes upscaled spatula after all

I'd say the game needs better net code but that would result in everyone having to learn how to play all over again.

that's not the Deep, though, that's just rot, they're different

please refer to if you are still there

I messed up the names of bonfires

>I recall Darkwraiths are said to come from a land long ago that fell to the Abyss

Armor of the Darkwraiths, former knights of
New Londo who descended into Dark.

Their armor transformed, and remains a
symbol of the Dark servants and their
diabolical art of Lifedrain.

that land was new londo

Deep is apparently peaceful darkness
(as opposed to abyss) so it's probably alright.

>Poison deals more dmg the longer you're poisoned
>Poison dmg/tick increases the more times the resistance bar gets filled up
>Frost scales with luck
>Frost makes you fatroll and increases stamina consumption

Oh sorry, I bricked my N64 and it seems I need to compile the kernel on my Amiga 2600, it should only take like 2 days don't worry.

Well, you might just turn into a giant dog spider if you hang out there for too long, see: The Deep Accursed (the name implies that the Deep did something to them)

Deacons and similar seem to go Hollow/Red Eye, and they're no doubt hanging out in the waters to some extent.

>increases stamina consumption
It doesnt do that already? Frost is even lamer than I thought, and I've been running snap freeze for a while now.

>SL 100 at Pontiff
>Win some duels at Pontiff
>Feeling like im getting the hang of duelling
>Sl120
>Get my shit pushed back in in every duel
Feels bad man

except all those guys (Deacons, Deep Accursed, etc) were the result of people utilizing the Horrors within the Deep (abyssal monsters) as opposed to the Deep itself

SL100 would still be fighting with 120's so you might be playing with some fags that went too high.

>he doesn't know that SL100 is matched with 120 anyway

>Deep is apparently peaceful darkness

That's debatable, the horrors of the deep could apparently drive clerics mad and that's probably why everyone was eventually cool with Aldrich torturing people to death and eating them.

i want to hug the painter

it slows stamina regen. which makes no difference if you have alot of stamina but low stamina consumption.

I guess I'm having a really bad fucking day then. I've never gotten beaten so many fucking times in a row

Shoulda stayed at SL99, the patrician meta.

Still relevant.

no

It seems the Deep was at first a peaceful place, then it started to become home of horrible creatures that could make anyone in that place go mad

So it seems someone used the Deep as a dumping spot or that those creatures just prefered that place for some reason

What boss gave DSP the most out of Soulsborne?

>doesn't even mention the platform for the last 23minutes

who here /objectively making their build worse by wasting a ring slot on untrue dark ring/?

I've only beaten DaS2 once, and recently. I went through most of the game just smacking everything with the Dragon's Tooth. With reddit's "Return to Drangleic" approaching, I figured it was a good time to do another playthrough. I want to do a sort of battlemage character, but I've never used any magic in DaS except Pyro in 1. Any tips?

>there are people ITT RIGHT NOW who think that Aldrich, Yhorm, and the Abyss Watchers didn't link the flame

Me, but I only do it because I like my fashion and I'm vain.

Not that I'm implying going Red Eye or turning into a giant spider dog is really bad -- that's pretty much the norm for most in Souls.

Probably utilizing the powers found in The Deep is what messes people up. On its own, it's probably just the dregs of life at the bottom and water above it. Neither good or bad itself.

Guys, what are some fun weapons to use in PvP?

Im a pretty big fan of UGS, but wanna try something new. Is Valorheart any good?

That's because I'm not the brightest one. It's pc

This and
>bleed applies a DoT instead of burst
>the DoT stacks infinitely with itself (but doesn't refresh the duration, each DoT is calculated separately)
Bleeding from a million cuts and all that

I also have copypasta of covenant ideas I can't post from here

Give me a second to boot up my Sega Saturn

well the Deep would be peaceful if people wouldn't stop dropping Abyss-tainted humanities into it

But that's ridiculous.

DS2 is arguably the game that's most friendly to hybrid builds, pick a school and then find a decent weapon for that school and then infuse it with its own element and go nuts.

You can get a fire longsword early on that'll do well no matter what you pick because fire and dark scale on both FTH and INT. Pyros and hexers usually go 30/30.

When is the event?

February 25. They say to use NME God of Struggle if you can't find enough people.