Try to justify how the Prius is a bad car without talking about it's looks

Try to justify how the Prius is a bad car without talking about it's looks.

You can't.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qskif3fI62s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

But looks are most important.

Just b urself

The previous generations were, while not lookers, perfectly functional cars that did the job they set out to do quite well. I admire the previous gen Prius for the purity of vision. The current gen, however, is hideous and is trying way, way too hard to be cool.

i dont think it's ugly but i'll tell you what i don't like about it

>king of boring econoboxes
>slow
>has a cult following with people who got too many complexes
>toyota A to B car
>it's "cool" to hate this car

I think it looks sick as fuck, but a small hatchback weighing 3k pounds with 120 hp is pretty gay if you ever have to get up to speed from a stopped position. Pretty good if you're traveling on 800 miles of interstate though.

Every fucking day. Every single fucking day when i walk out to the driveway to go to work this little faggot just sits there and gives me this stupid look on his face. What should i do about him? Ideas?

Give it to Roadkill and let them run over it in their buddy's Chieftain tank.

I mean, just fucking look at it. What the fuck were they thinking?

i rode in one on the highway and it literally makes a noise that sounds identical to that frog yelling "reeeeeeeeeeee"

They are silent and fuck with blind people.

I can't pass someone going slow on the highway because I have no power. It takes too long to swing around someone.

The Prius is where torque goes to die.

Hating a Prius is just a normie meme.

handles like shit, feels like shit drives like shit, drivers are a shit
-Just because theres rakes that use the chassis doesn't mean the streetcar is good.

it handles great, bro. FWD.

That was you user.

No reason to take prius over gt86.
Not a single fucking reason.

duh. the prius blows. I have one as a daily. every day I pray to Trump for EPA reform so we aren't cucked by emissions, because driving a great engine intelligently is one of the best ways to save fuel. Electric turbines are giant memes.

God that's fucking awesome

The red/green thing on the inside encourages people to not pay attention to the road and drive really fucking slowly. It's not a bad car overall, but it's the epitome of modern cars that are just a rolling computer. But if you don't care about driving and "just want to get from a to b" it's not my money you're wasting.

Battery life is average 5 years. 10 years if you baby it. Tires are expensive due to the weight of the battery, and all parts are expensive because there's no aftermarket. Technically no one is allowed to even touch a hybrid without a proper hybrid license or training that includes even oil changes and tire repairs.

the Aero would be great on an ICE car, but Toyota saves it for their hybrid because it would otherwise make a relatively cheap model too close to a product people consider for good milage.
I hate the policy that formed the Prius as it is today, not the car itself

Looks are everything whether you like it or not. After driving in an ugly car over time you will start to hate yourself and the car. You can't get rid of seeing that ugly car from your head and eventually you sell it.

9/10 times if traffic is held up or a lane blocked its a fucking Prius driver. I can't tell you how many times a year I have to maneuver around a Prius. Every time I find myself uttering under my breath, "fucking prius"

>5 to 10 years

wow great window of time you allotted there mate way to narrow that down

What is: variable usage and mileage. But you knew that didn't you.

It's atrociously hideous and slow as fuck.

No one that gives a shit about cars could NOT hate it.

>No one that gives a shit about cars could NOT hate it.
saabkyle04 likes it

youtube.com/watch?v=qskif3fI62s

The people who drive them are fuck wits, had one drive into the side of my truck yesterday fucken Indian cunt

You're full of shit.

I visited US couple of years ago and did road trip in rented V6 Charger and traffic in US moves so slowly you could drive around it in average 60hp euro shitbox. I don't see Prius having any trouble keeping up with it.

>average
Go look it up moron.
10 years is though absolute max lifespan if the batteries are kept charged, never ever drop below 20%, are kept between 10 Celsius and 30 Celsius

Prius battery is fully modular, you can replace bad cells, they're like $25 on ebay and in most cases you'll need just one or two.

>I want to see a super dustbowl and breath NOx, the post.

>neighbor owns a Prius
>his license plate is "55MPG"

The US is also a big country and you probably live somewhere other than the user you responded to.

Okay bud. You go poking around the 300 or 400 volt battery pack. Did you disconnect the safety switch? Do you know where it is? Okay now there's no power. Let me go to Harbour freight and get the dealership specialty tools that give you access to the battery compartment. Okay no disconnect the cooling supply to the inventor wait probably a fucky dealer specialty clamp. Okay now try to find all the bolts that holds the heavy as shit battery. Okay now that the easy part is over let's crack open the battery pack that wasn't even made by toyota and hope the $25 chick cell doesn't have a short and blow half tonne of molten lithium into your face

Not really, to me. In no defense of the Prius because I hate hybrids, I'm not the kind of guy that cares about the looks of a vehicle, I only care if it can do what it's supposed to do and that is... working, functioning like it should. If it fails doing just that then back to the dealer it goes.

Did it with friend in one day, no special tools whatsoever.

Cells on ebay are used tested oem, there are no chink cells.

Chemistry is nimh not liion.

underrated post

Just come to Europe, sunset on highway during rush hour looks like something from mad max from all that diesel soot floating in the air.

Still no ban since it would hurt economy. I'm fucked since I have 2 hours commute a day through that fog.

>Muh dealer
Go watch a youtube vid and then neck yourself for being incompetent

5k to replace battery

no more must be said

Race him, however you may never be able to take on his techniques with the corners.

this is the bullshit you come up with? what the fuck

Whats bullshit about it?

>slow
>overloaded with half a ton of hybrid bullshit which probably did more damage to the planet though being manufactured than the owner is "trying to prevent"
>battery inevitably has to be replaced and costs more than an old shitbox in itself
>drivers are self-righteous assholes behind the wheel and in real life, and either speed everywhere or do 15 under

He's been getting cars to review for free from dealers/manufacturers themselves for a while. If he trashes it in any way, that's money out the door

>more damage to the planet though being manufactured

Fake news man

Drove one, it wasn't as slow or as bad as I expected. Most of my hate for them is due to how they are driven rather than anything in particular with the car turns out. Very cheap inside and very loud at speed on the highway. Kind of a symphony of rattles but not that much different than other shit boxes.

The EPA does not protect the environment. They are sell-out kikes. Fuck you, stooge.

Not anymore, it doesn't :^]

Wow champ you figured out how to google something? Clicked the first link on youtube which is full of competent people and their vast knowledge is all you need to do automotive repairs.

the fact that a country this technologically and economically advanced raises people this retarded is pretty amazing

It's not although I can't...handle the stigma that comes with it. My buddies will laugh at me.

If you drive it like a normal person it uses the same amount of fuel as a tiny 4 banger shitbox.

the only thing you're saving is space in your lane.

>The Toyota Prius (/ˈpriːəs/) is a full hybrid electric automobile developed by Toyota

The Prius isn't a bad car at all. I owned one for 4 years and drove it til 200,000 and rust damage started popping up.

Original battery too.

It was the quietest car I've ever driven and it gives you some appreciation for road noise. Sitting at stop lights you have to turn down your radio because it's too loud vs no engine sound. The ride was smooth and the gas savings were incredible.

Downsides being I didn't feel comfortable taking it to anywhere other than Toyota because of all the sensors and digital parts in the car so I routinely got screwed for dealer prices. Secondly and most importantly it's just not fast at all and that really hurts in the end. Some of the newer ones have a sport-like mode that gives it some horses but I really felt uncomfortable passing people on single lane sections. Felt uneasy pulling out between traffic too. The electric engine will help you get some boost 1-10mph but it's just not good enough to buzz out across traffic.