What do you think about the 2017 facelift GT86? Saved enough money, should I buy or would I regret?

What do you think about the 2017 facelift GT86? Saved enough money, should I buy or would I regret?

SLOW
L
O
W

why don't they make it slightly bigger give it an inline6 and make it take over the market that porsche has in performance, except without luxury obv

that ride height tho

Because Toyota

Because the RC F wouldn't sell.

You'll regret

Get low miles 335i instead ... or m3 for same $

ionno dude

no way bmw is even close to the reliability of a Toyota or Lexus

Op did not define what he is looking for...

Perhaps not Toyota level reliability, but they sure are better than audi/vw/merc/porsche

Better cars in all other respects

Ferrari's don't have Toyota reliability either - your point?

Get a brz instead

in my opinion the facelift (specifically the new front bumper but thats the most noticeable part by far) is fucking hideous compared to the FRS/previous gen 86

if i were you id just get a low mileage used frs/brz and use the $10k saved to slap on a turbo kit, coils, tires and wheels

it already doesnt sell kek

Thanks for all the advices. I'm not looking for very high power. Reliability is more important for me

I personally would go with the BRZ.
it seems overall somewhat more refined and Subaru offers a longer warranty plus better customer service, from what I hear,

>also dat retarded new face

Thank you, gonna check out the BRZ.

NO get the 86. Because Toyota is only 8600!!!!! So you can be special snowflake!!

why?
Just swap it yourself that's the fuckng point of this car.
There's a reason they sell a variant without engine and on space savers.

>fitting an i6 into an engine bay designed for a flat four
>keeping the low hood
>keeping the transmission in the same place
>it passing crash regs
I would buy the BRZ as well just for the looks. They're the same car, one is grinning smugly and one is going REEEEE, I prefer the one with the smile on its face.

They don't sell an 86 rolling chassis...

its called an 86 because a car with 86 horsepower is faster LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

does the facelift make it any faster?

because japan will tax the fuck out of a engine with >2.0l displacement

>that's the fuckng point of this car.
Its not the point of the car, they wouldn't put all that proprietary bullshit and encrypt the ECU. The fact that the ECU is encrypted is proof they don't want you to do anything to it.

I'm trying hard to keep from dropping my daily beater CRZ for one.
No plans on mods or upgrades, I already have a fun car with 500+hp.. but I can be the old guy in 20 years selling the mint, low miles 86 to some kid who wants to make a dorifto machine.

>the reliability of Toyota
It has a Subaru flat-4.

WHAT IN THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH TOYOTA AND LEXUS DESIGNING THESE FUCKING RAZOR BLADE / BRACES GRILLS

Why didn't Toyobaru just put the FA20 turbo into it? The FA20 turbo is in the WRX but they ripped out the turbo and charged the same price? what a load of dogshit

Facelift makes it look like it goes faster.

>pigfat
>underpowered
>toyotabru
whyevenlive.png

>my turbo Outback is faster

Had a 15 brz before my 16 sti, I'd defend my abarth I had before the brz before I'd stick up for this thing.. at least the abarth was peppy and fun, the brz was literally like driving a corolla in a coupe body. The first time I went to pass someone on a backroad in a quarter mile straight stretch I actually shit you not had to back off because a car was coming that far away and at that speed and lack of torque I couldn't do it.. I currently drive a handy down work truck at work that has 340k miles 96 ford gas, it also can't pass anyone..

The interior was forgivable the clutch was the worst thing out of any car I've owned. I had to self adjust it so it bit at a lower position and only lifted half as far, also removing the spring assist it had.

The trans always grinded from 1-2 any sometimes 2-3, when decently warmed up, waaay worse when cold for like 10 minutes. It felt like I was shifting through a box of small rocks.

I could get a decent shift 1 of 4 times.

I've owned in order all manuals from age 18-29, Corolla S, 350z, 2006 wrx, abarth, brz, sti.

Still worst transmission and clutch ever, the Z was pretty bad but at least it had some power.

So a 2017 5.0 mustang is better all around than the 86 right? I mean they're the same price. If 86 was 22k there's no doubt I would get one tomorrow.

Get this instead:

>around the same price
>actualy has the turbo
>LSD standard in manual model
>Can turn just as well
>looks like a hotwheelzz like the facelifted 86

> he isn't saving for an RX-9 or MR2 mkiv

The mr2 is already confirmed to be a hybrid piece of shit, and might not even be an MR

>not using a standalone
are u retarded lol

"low hood" , i have seen trucks with lower hood/beltline

It's definitely gonna be MR

Buy a 2013/14 from Canada. Get pTuning turbo. Get headers. Get water meth. Enjoy.

I bought mine new. Ordered 2012, got delivered in 13. I fkn love that car.

Poor man's new sports car.
Don't expect to be blown away when driving it.

I don't mean to offend you pal, but
>can't overtake with the BRZ
you are a pussy.

They should throw in an inline 4 instead. Boxer meme should be left to Porsche

UGLY

Looks worse than the original

200 horsepower. Eh. Unless the thing weighs less than a feather, no fast go.

>slower than a diesel vw golf
>about the same price where I live
>mostly driven by women

If you really like it then go for it

REALLY needs a supercharged edition.

An NA engine is better.

>Get a brz instead
yeah, pay more for the same car.

>an abysmal 200hp na engine is better than a 250+ hp supercharged engine
Fucking kill yourself

It is. It's better than my 350 hp NA engine too. Even better is a 115 hp 4AGE.

Where you going so fast, fuccboi? To the next light to swing your dick at your Mustang fuckbuddy?

Except it's not more?
And you get option for leather?
And the front looks much better than the 2017 gt86?

buy the fucking bolt on kit and spend an hour in garage jesus christ.
You faggots change your own oils, brakes, steering wheels, fucking do your own paint jobs.
But with gt86 you act like you don't know how to hold a fucking wrench and like the people at the dealership are you turn to when you need help figuring out how to find windshield washer fluid tank.

Get a BRZ instead, they made it look better. Toyota made the 86 more JUST.

5 more hp and tq with manual tranny, as well as a powder coated red intake manifold

It's an all new motor, not an EJ. No timing belt.

So's mine but the BRZ will shit all over it if the track doesn't have a long straight.
Price. It's not supposed to be a $60k flagship sports car like the rx7 or Supra was. It's a Corolla homage.