Welp Veeky Forums...

Welp Veeky Forums, a dickhead bus driver hit me as I was exiting a roundabout because he thought the Yield was optional I guess?
Any others had accidents recently? Or any funny/stupid/etc.. accidents you've had?

As for the story in detail:
>go into the middle lane of a 3 lane roundabout, planning to take the second exit
>blinker on to exit, see bus blocking the outside lane of the roundabout, just stopped there
>buses often do this so assume he's waiting
>stay in my lane and start exiting
>bus driver fucking slams onto my side and makes me spin, end up sideways in the first lane of the exit
>shit self, move car out of the way, walk out, talk to driver, ask him wtf is wrong with him
>he says he thought I was taking the first exit
Keep in mind there are 4 exits and he thought I went to the middle lane to take the FIRST exit
>patiently explain how roundabouts work and what the law is
>wait for traffic cops who were in the roundabout to write citation (necessary before an insurance claim in my country)
>one of the bus' passengers steps out, he gives me his number and tells me he saw everything, that I'm in the right, he'll testify for me if necessary
>traffic cop tells me he also saw the whole thing, he'll also testify and back me up
>laugh heartily knowing I'm getting this shit fixed for free, and I'll maybe get the driver fired for being an idiot

>Roundabouts
>Ever

4-way stops have been good enough for my country for hundreds of years. Why fix what isn't broken?

The best part about the ones here is that they connect a ring road "highway" and a couple of regular roads. So traffic is terrible, and it's really dangerous. Thankfully they're starting to replace them with overpasses, so hopefully it works out better.

Are you in southern Ontario?

Nah, Costa Rica.

>You 'assume' the bus was just sitting there, on a roundabout? ...
>You didn't check your mirrors properly, don't deny that. This accident was partially caused by you not checking the mirrors and anticipating the situation. Situational awareness could have avoided this accident.
>at the end of the day you feel good about you bringing the man in trouble and maybe losing his job..

my two cents

>hundreds of years
>americans are this stupid

Not sure if I explained it correctly but here's a diagram. I'm the red square, the bus is green.
When I said he was sitting there I meant he had some of the bus covering the outside lane of the roundabout, he wasn't moving, so I thought he was waiting for an opening so he could get on. The guy hit me just after I crossed in front of him, so there was no time to check my mirrors, although I did try to get a bit closer to the inside of the roundabout since I know bus drivers are a bit reckless here.

I honestly don't think the guy should lose his job, but I still think he should understand the laws that govern his profession, and I would understand why he would get fired for this kind of thing.

A nigger in an orange cobalt pulled out in front of me my friend because he was on his phone. Stopped so hard my rear tire skidded for like 15ft so I broke his mirror off with my back pack full of gatorades.

Thinking back on it he probably won't miss his mirror much considering he doesn't use it.

Were they orange gatorades?

>my back pack full of gatorades

No. It was a couple fruit punches and a blue one.

I put them in this pocket

fuck me, that's a pretty big tap. still, it's not a terrible place to get hit since a good repair shop can just bend back the metal roughly back to the same shape. Now if you got hit on the door or in the front you're looking at trouble

wew lad
Driving in Costa Rica can be gnarly. I hope your repairs go well because I know how insanely hard it is to replace a vehicle there.

Glad to hear they're putting in some overpasses. As long as they really happen, instead of the usual political bridge scam.

>I put them in this pocket
No, no. Not WHERE are the Gatorades in your backpack. WHY is your backpack full of Gatorades?

Hydration. Was a long trip.
Do you not pack drinks for rides?

Tell me about it, my miata was just about $7k, with a hardtop, 80k miles, and pretty babied by the previous owner. I wouldn't pay more than $4k in the US for a similar car. In any case, I went to the repair shop and they said it would be a relatively easy fix, so hopefully it all works out.

They actually just finished one of the overpasses on the same route I was taking, it shortened my commute about 10 minutes so that was pretty good.

I made a thread about this a few days ago, but my mechanic thinks its going to be totaled.

rip

by mechanic i mean body guy

sorry to hear about that user, that poor Z. Is it just the bumper and the hood though? If you total it and use the money you could get a replica g nose bumper if you're into that, and maybe get the hood either bent back or get a replacement off a junker. I've seen some pretty good dry carbon hoods on Zs but obviously that's some serious $$$. Maybe a fibreglass hood is cheaper, I wouldn't know

>3 lane roundabout

Whoever is in charge of building roads in you area needs to be fired. Roundabouts are great for one lane, start to lose efficiency at 2 lanes, and are completely pointless at three and up.

the quarter panel's also got a good size dent in it.

The problem is the bummper's part of a fiber bodykit that's molded to the car, so i dont really have options other than fixing it. I was considering a carbon hood because it wouldnt really increase the price of a repair.

Its still not a for sure thing itll be totaled, but it's pretty likely, ill be finding out saturday

quarter panel

Oh trust me, our ministry of transportation is well known to be staffed by retarded monkeys. I'll tell you about some of the bullshit they do.

Originally there was supposed to be a ring road around the capital city that then connected to the different areas, so you could quickly travel around the city without going through it. The only issue is that they started the ring road but never closed it. So there are multiple gaps in it, and is therefore pointless.
In addition to that, the ring road is supposed to be a highway, as in 3 lanes and 60mph/100kph all around. In reality, it's 3 very narrow lanes (my miata is about as wide as a lane), that sometimes closes to 2, and 80kph/45mph speed limit, and with intersections with traffic lights through most sections. They put traffic lights... on a highway. So every km you have to accelerate to 80kph/45mph, and then stop for the next light. Combine that with a population that actively drives on the left lane even when not overtaking (especially overloaded trucks and buses), can't understand flash to pass, and terrible road maintenance (we have manhattan quality roads year round, and we don't even have the snow excuse) and the result is an absolute clusterfuck that has us ranked as one of the worst countries to drive in.

The only respite I have is that you can still do whatever you want on the road and not get bothered by cops, as long as you do it at a reasonable time. You can do full on 100km highway chases at 180+kph while racing at 11 PM on a sunday and have clear roads and almost no cops in sight.

Hopefully it'll work out user, I always liked that generation of Z cars. Worst case scenario it's driveable, and I'm sure you could fix it a bit on the cheap if you really needed to.