/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, February 19th:
197 – Emperor Septimius Severus defeats usurper Clodius Albinus in the Battle of Lugdunum, the bloodiest battle between Roman armies.
1942 – World War II: United States President Franklin D. Roosevelt signs executive order 9066, allowing the United States military to relocate Japanese Americans to internment camps.
1945 – World War II: Battle of Iwo Jima: About 30,000 United States Marines land on the island of Iwo Jima.
>News
CK2 DD41 - Secret Religious Cults
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-41-secret-religious-cults.999496/

EU4 - 14/02
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-14th-of-february-2017.999636/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!PQgxyACD!bpcXXoWI3Pfu_PJ1_sz5D7wKYO2OStEWr_npgpw0B_w

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Fucking based.

Fucking white.

At first light on the cold morning of December 2nd, 1937, the entire Guomin Geming Jun begins Operation Yanqiu. The Second Sino-Japanese War has begun in earnest.

Use the proper op pic next time lad
quality maymay

W&B.

>nemfags get out

huh?

W H I T E
B
A
S
E
D

FUCK YOU SERIOUSLY JUST FUCKING KILL YOURSELF PLEASE

neat

it's a shame I'm gonna dismantle it into puppet states later

White.

>outing yourself as being an illiterate nigger

>15 years planning to assassinate my childless liege
>15 years trying to fabricate claims to his land
>No one comes ot my feasts
>I can't bribe anyone to join my plots
fun.

OH MAN, I was about to reply to and not report shitposts but luckily your post reminded me to be a good citizen and do what you said. Close one.

me irl

Childhood is idolizing Steamcord, adulthood is realizing R&I made more sense.

t.stannis

Ce'st na pas le shitpost.

Expand Guangdong.

>Sometimes it is said that cobra cannot be trusted with /gsg/ himself. Can he, then be trusted with the steamgroup? With the discord? Or have we found angels in the form of R&I to remind him to report and ignore shitposting? Let history answer this question.

- Thomas Jefferson

Should I do my first HoI3 playthrough vanilla?

How is this for a partition of the Levant?

Also, how do you release the dynamic tags?

Reminder

Same answer as with every other game ever, with exception to maybe Arma 2, yes.

bretty gud

>Not releasing Palestine as a secular Arabic republic

'tis shit-tier laddddddo.

Reminder.

Initial operations are highly successful, with minimal losses for the Guomin Geming Jun and major defeats for Japanese forces. Although Jiang does nothing to quell the sense among the men that victory is inevitable, he knows better than to draw any great conclusions based off of this: the soldiers encountered so far by the Second Juntuan are mere scouts, a few brigades of soldiers prodding at the extreme ends of the lands which fell under their control when Taiyuan fell.

Although the early victories earn rousing cheers and keep the spirits of the soldiers high, he knows that the true test is to come. Only more Japanese will be encountered as they march forward.

test

>p*lestine
>>>>reddit

Add another tier for Aurora 4X

How can any human being play Hearts of Iron 3 and have fun with it? I tried to get into this game several times but there are too many layers of autism.

>but theres no such thing as a

>Israel
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>_donald

Rate my perfect europe?

le epin grossgermanium blob meme is so hilarious xd

trully never gets old after being overused since the beginning of /gsg/

>israel

Stop posting this.

Whats a good cultural union to play in EU4? I tried playing Irish but got bored when no one would war with me.

You just jealous?

Well user, the first trick is to be an incurable autist.

I don't know, I enjoy it quite a lot. But I also actually have fun with the OOB; even if I find it a little tedious, I usually do really like doing it. That's where most people trip up.

As for everything else, you just need to know how the different command levels work, how supply is likely to fuck you, and other things like that (to be successful, anyway). Oh, and having garrisons to put down revolts, of course.

So long as you play smart and play aware it's actually really fun, until it gets too simple. The one major downside of HoI3 is that there really is a "proper" way to play, so long as you have the IC to pull it off, and it gets quite boring because of that. All the best divisional types for pretty much any situation are all mostly identical.

>2nd

>Palestine
>Israel

Jerusalem is rightfully a UN-administered territory in cooperation with all Abrahamic religions

France.

I unironically think it would be better off to have everything in that region bulldozed, the people cleared out, and have the Chinese come and build a confucian qingqong metropolis in its place.

Yeah and the fact playing as any nation outside of Europe or Asia (Excluding Australia, the US and Canada obviously.) is literally impossible. It's railroaded as fuck.

r8 my Grande Cuba

>not resettling all the closeted Zoriastrians from Iran, India and Zanzibar there instead

How do you make a country use a different flag for a constitutional monarchy? I used the govt_flag = theocracy like HPM told me, but it still doesn't work. Does anyone know? Pic related is supposed to be absolute monarchy flag, but is the only one that shows up. (ignore the name, i fixed it in the flag files)

You need to liberate the British and French colonies and create a Carribean Federation

Meiou France is a shit show. You have to wait 100 years just to drag it all together or 50 if you want to organize the vassals.Then you have claims of all of Naples you have to force, large parts of the HRE to take... I tried it once. Once I got Naples the game was just wait for

This is the perfect Europe

Yeah, in many respects I prefer DH. I think a DH system with HoI3 combat would be a perfect game, but since we got "muh abstraction simulator" 4 that's not likely to happen in the next decade.

>6.8%

Now use the US to reclaim Cayman and the Bahamas.

I find it to be too simple, it lacks depth to satisfy my autism.

But pretty much im a naziboo and i like ww2, thats enough to like the game.

and pic related is what i want to be the constitutional monarchy flag, but doesn't show up at all. govt_flag = theocracy doesn't work (again, ignore the name, i fixed it in the gfx files)

>Game starts in 1356
>complains that feudalism is still a heavily present institution in France

Perfect Europe

SIMPLY EPIN XD

kiss yourself

literally me

t. certain memesupremecord user

Not an argument.

Ok, do I give parts of the CAR to the neighbors? Congo to the Congo, West Cameroon to Nigeria and Gabon to Gabon.

Or do I leave the blob? (it's all African Minor accepted anyway)

only acceptable europe

Release Congo as a puppet, keep Gabon to yourself (it has like 20k pops anyway, right?) and keep the Chad-Cameroon-CAR blob.

By the evening of December 5th, Taiyuan has been retaken by the Japanese, and forces under Yan who had defected to Mao in the region north of Taiyuan have been cut off by a Japanese armored push to the south. Isolated and with the only major city in the region captured by their enemies, their destruction is certain; even if it wished to, the Guomin Geming Jun cannot reach them in time. Yet there is hope that it will be able to retake Taiyuan, at least, and do justice to their fallen leader.

how many (you) do you need to continue lad?

>cheating as germany

:-DDD

The Seleucids did nothing wrong.

don't post my blob

>Any darky existing
>perfect

I beg to differ.

Only complaining about the speed it takes to put everything under control. At little to no reward. I mean you get alot of Italy but other then that... A legitimate claim on the entire kingdom of Sicily from ck2, all of England, distant claims of Spain. Probably make Italy England and Spain into Vassals in a long game.

>ottomans

>T*rks in the Balkans
Dropped

Is there actually a Carribean Federation nation? I don't have any unique decisions as Cuba so far. Just generic stuff.

I'm working on it, geeze.

What's the best year to do that?

that may be true

but Carthage did even less wrong

>israel
>left
pick one

>No Kars
Also """""""""dismantled"""""""""" France is a fucking meme, HPM really needs to put Occitans back in.

No idea if there is a CF, but just pretend there is desu

Tel Aviv is literally the LGBTBBQETCETC capital of the world lad

The first major Japanese force is encountered the following evening at Hejian: a group of elite infantry, two tank divisions, and three infantry divisions, all grouped south of Tianjin. The surprising amount of armor is both worrying and frustrating for Jiang, who had hopes to capture Beijing before the Kwantung could reorient.

Nevertheless, it appears that the Imperial Japanese promise of reinforcements to the Kwantung were at least somewhat facetious; the highest-ranking officer that Jiang's subordinate General, Xu Yongchang, can identify is a Captain. It appears the Kwantung is operating largely without Imperial support, despite last year's proclamation.

Even so, two tank divisions are nothing to trifle with. Jiang orders reinforcements to Hejian, although the ultimate goals of Operation Yanqiu are maintained.

find a flaw

Gays are mainstream western culture now, maybe not in eastern euro slum nations. Also, not world, regional
Don't forget leftist and international condemnation of any and all israeli military actions. Just because Haaretz wants refugee cock doesn't mean israel does

>you will never live in the Free Catalan Province of the Northeastern Pyrenees

Where's the best place to get cracked DLC for genuine EU4? Does the old activator still work?

Me on the right.

How did you do this anyways, play, take a screenshot, and pause to write? Or take the screenshots and come back to them afterwards and write.

I'm using the US to take minor's land right now, if Denmark breaks their alliance with England I'm eating their islands too.

A bit torn about the Dutch East Indies there, considering it's a state of the Netherlands and not just a colonial province.

>Ale Mania

From the 6th of December to the 13th of December, under the operational command of Yang Aiyuan of the Eighth Jun, the Eighth and Ninth Armies move into position south of Tianjin and begin simultaneous assaults at Hejian. Although all forces are unfortunately attacking over rivers, they are also doing so over an incredibly broad area, and even Japanese tanks begin to have trouble holding the line against the mass assault of militiamen.

What about this? Do I make GrossNigeria and GrossGuinea or GrossNiger and KleinGuinea?

The United Kingdom of Grosse Shitskinistan

>independent guyana

Do you still have AL at 17th place for military

whatever you're doing, it looks bad

Who is R&I?