Which period in history had the best type of warfare? For me I just love the Napoleonic Era...

Which period in history had the best type of warfare? For me I just love the Napoleonic Era. Its that perfect blend of modern and antiquated warfare.
>Grand Strategy
>Heroism.
>Dem Cavalry charges
>Those fucking uniforms
Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Brave-World-Revisited-Aldous-Huxley/dp/0060898526
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ww2. Everything about it interests me. From the Tigers in the east to the carriers in the Pacific

I like all eras desu, medieval, early modern, and napoleonic are my favorites i guess

through the orchestration of the 13 english colonies and the lousianna purchase france managed to end itself, then germany realised does some proxy bombing on old shit that needed to be controlled demolitioned anyway (and was by luffwaffer contracters) and uve got all oponents defeated. frankly im amazed europe hasnt converted to english yet, at least as an accepted global mandatory second language.

the worlds a horrble fucking place and so is war and ur trying to glorify it? best? nah i dont think so. ask for most horrific, but dont glorify it, dont sugar coat it.

people and society at large are ignorant as fuck and i believe in having enough to reasonably get by but human greed corrupts and if ur born into it and its all u know and ur incapable of the intelligence required to a-priori understand a nother way than ull justify immorality and word games to bullshit ibpartisan undevelopment of the human special credence to the point of oblivion and thats fine insofar as not being responsible for anothers actions and knowing the difference between reality and dystopic wordplay and insanity

there are shining lights, beacons and cities on a hill, especially now as we're at the point where we don't need to fight over gold and silver mines no mroe and can just accept on good faith (Fear of change and confrontation of truth and failure) that pixels in ur bank account ensures ul never be the kid being euthenized in africa due to forced vaccines and sterilisations that go on all over the world. people are so easily skewed and its these people driven by fear and greed. one breeze and they go off the deepend and once ur out theres no coming back

mongols were pretty good, incorporated a lot of the turkic tribes and brought them with straight into europe, pushing out aryan islams from baghdad etc.

or like i mentioned the controlled demolition of old parts of london etc that needed to burn like a you scratch my back ill scratch urs type contractor scenario

my point is the justification of MEANINGFULL violence

20th century African bush wars.

amazon.com/Brave-World-Revisited-Aldous-Huxley/dp/0060898526

i bought this book in 2013 and its been one of the most insightful readings ive ever made

9 to 5 isnt work
removing injustice and knowing the difference is work

something (you) worth dieing for aSAP

Take it to another thread.

Cold War Africa

case in point

The current era of of warfare, not counting high technology, is one of the most interesting because it's probably the era where individual talents and skills beyond brute force or bravery matter the most in a battle.

The crusades, urban combat in WW2, US civil war, early indian wars, and viking era, and the Italian front in WW1 are all fairly interesting as well.

Early American revolutionary war too before France got too involved.

I agree with you on the warfare part, but the most aesthetic period would be 80s-early 90s American infantrymen.
Woodland and Chocochip gets my dick going something fierce

Wars of antiquity. Though my favorites to read about are the Roman legionaries and Phalanx/Phalangite warfare.

fuckin A, my nigga.

I like blanket warfare

>The current era of of warfare, not counting high technology
Technology IS the current era of warfare. Blowing people up from miles away is the defining feature of the modern army.

>biggus dickus most organised dick projection/extention/penetration

>now men,,,
>thus as one!!!!
>hoo rah!
>a'oo! a'oo! a'oo!

I agree with napoleonic era because I have a fetish for age of sail naval warfare.

TUCK
U
C
K

naval warfare is awesome, but i prefer the anglo spanish wars of the early to mid XVIII century, when the spainish army was still an actual threath

Well m8 then it's best to tell you that H&M is selling woodland parkas this year.

1918 ww1
vittorio veneto :^)

Most modern armies doing actual fighting don't have the kind of sophisticated force projection (US) or artillery spam (China) that first-world countries generally bring to bear.

You're right, though. Technology and the ability to use it to one's advantage is the defining aspect of modern warfare.

Personally, any sort of insurgent or asymmetrical warfare is clutch. The point-counterpoint between the various factions, and how the methods, tactics, and even ideologies of the groups change over time, are fascinating. The dawn of industrial warfare is also really interesting, particularly from an equipment angle. [spoiler]Thank God for Forgotten Weapons.[/spoiler]

vikings
/thread