/ceg/ - Conan Exiles General

Riders of Doom Edition

>Official Links
Website - conanexiles.com/
Steam Store - store.steampowered.com/app/440900/

>What is Conan Exiles?
Conan Exiles is a survival game made by the devs of Age of Conan, and it's currently on the Early Access fun ride.

>Official Premium Veeky Forums Servers
old server (wiped feb 16th!): 104.143.12.130:7927 (Veeky Forums videogames)
new server : 69.162.126.51:7777 (Veeky Forums hyena funhouse)

>Server not showing in the list?
Go to your Properties for Conan Exiles on Steam, and open the Launch Options, then type in : +connect 104.143.12.130:7927 or +connect 69.162.126.51:7777

>Helpful hint of the day
Shift+scroll to adjust the height of placing an object

>Discord:
discord.gg/wJGbGde

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/cegeneral

>Previous thread
>

Really don't think this game can sustain a general anymore.

not with that attitude

Hyenas down. pl0x restart

Time to play on Veeky Forums videogames

Ded serber ded thred

Guess it's up to me to actually host a server that's not shit.

>he doesn't idle in the discord

>tfw some Asian comes to save the day
You won't try and fuck my feet or get tentacles involved will you?

>namefag
>wanting to divide the community even further

Sure, that's fine if abrasive anons don't wanna join just because I have a name on Veeky Forums.
Less children to deal with I guess.

I was gonna host one anyway but I saw this one was down so thought why not.

Right now I'm just figuring stuff out. My internet is great so I won't mind keeping it up.

What kind of moon runes are those? I don't want to call you a Korean or Jap if you're Chinese or some shit.

Korean and Chinese/Japanese look vastly different.
And the Chinese don't roam this website.
So it's clearly Japanese.

It's back up. Crashes across the board for most servers due to the software end of stuff.

>Korean and Chinese/Japanese look vastly different.
>implying I could tell the difference between them
Sorry I'm not a weeb

>tfw productive day in conan

>tfw started anew on some server and both people i saw killed me on sight and most spots i saw were taken by huge fortresses

>found Vesper's base while exploring
Exactly how much is its location worth for you?

nothing
because new serber

it's called a FORT!!

Well, I serve you a chance to get your revenge on a silver plate and you throw it away.
Enjoy your new server then.

Everybody knows where his fort is my boy, and his fort is glorious.

pretty sure this isn't a secret though. it's not even hidden at all.

New server when you dumb namefag

everyone knows where his base is
east of the arena

-At Nights, Imp move around a lot more, allowing you to come across them more often if you get caught at night outside your house.
-Shellbacks (Actually called Kappas in the code funnily enough) roam more during the day and do not attack you the second they see you, but assume a defensive position and can be scared away with torches.
-At night, Shellbacks and other 'passive' mobs sleep
-Killing baby Shellbacks angers adult ones and then makes them hostile to you
-Killing all Shellbacks and destroying their nests stops them from respawning
-After a set amount of time, baby Shellbacks become adult ones and spawn new babies, meaning you need to occasionally cull them in the loaded cell or they overrun you
-Allow enemies to jump down from small ledges, instead of making them pathfind around a cliff or get stuck
-Spiders hate light and shouldn't during the day, add spider nests which players can burn to remove spider spawns for that nest
-Remove gazelle/antetlope drift nonsense
-Hyenas are cowardly and more nocturnal, reduce daytime spawn and activity, increase nighttime spawn and activity
-hyenas aren't gregarious, they shouldn't hunt in packs and only congregate in their dens or around corpses for feeding time
-hyenas only attack you if you have killed something recently or are injured, they like to feed on weak prey
-Crocodiles are ambush predators, shorten their aggro range

>Nocturnal hyenas.
pls no

>less than 20 unique posters

DEAD GENERAL

it's sunday everyone's at church

new outfits when

What's the best way to level on a 1x server?

same places as on a 2x server

Is there a list?

Wherever there are things to kill; I don't bother waiting around for respawns, I just keep killing the biggest thing I can see over and over, periodically dumping my loot at home and repairing my tools and heading back out.

don't purposefully grind on hyenas, rocknoses, kappas (river turtle monsters), imps, crocodiles, scorpions, or rhinos

>tfw the next major patch isn't worthy of a wipe
feels bad man

>leaving the hyena hugbox

why do you torture yourself with normies?

maybe one day we'll have fieldtrips on normserbs together via the steam group. for now i'm learning and grindan' on ours.

nice list.

adding:
>crocodiles hide in the water

The water is murky, and they attack when you go to fill up your waterskin. Filling up requires that you sit down for a moment.

Press F for Chuck

>tfw stuck on a rock surrounded by Hyenas at level 7 without the shitty bow

BY CROM YOU WILL SURVIVE

unless you go to a roleplay server that's the default. kill on sight, possibly jump boosters raiding. jar exploit is still heavily utilized. doesn't matter if you build overhands to prevent boosting they can boost midair and land on them. big clans walled off all of set city and the brimstone salt lakes on my server.

WHO EVER RAIDED ME ON THE FAR EAST SIDE....

what'd you think of my place? did it look nice?

Is your character in-game and able to be fucked up for the duration of the "preparing character" loading screens?

yes

This. Also how'd my thralls do? Did they at least wound you?

fug

They did the same as thralls do when you capture them. Almost nothing from strafing side to side.

Your place was super comfy. Not a lot of loot though.

Not nearly as well laid out as yaint, but spacious.

Someone, who I assume would prefer to remain anonymous, bombed our house and took out our dance shack, pit, and sepulcher. Just as we were beginning to embrace multiculturalism, somebody takes out our entertainer and places of worship. After that the group pretty much devolved into a warband bent on "phat lootz."

And so your fragile homes were targeted.

Oh, let us not forget Chuck Norris. The salt was worth more than any amount of bricks could provide.

If you want loot hit Ayy's base or the NW player's or Vesper.

Are they still tier 1? Not that I would want to do anything right now, the boys are off.

So we basically recreated the Iraq war in Conan... and I got Saddam'd

nope, ayy is t3, nw players are all on unreachable cliffs with entire mesas blocked or already raided

dang we have like no posters unless there's a slutty pic in the OP

history repeats itself

Why don't you faggots explain the server settings on the OP?

Do you wipe the servers?
Is inventory kept on death?
What is the rate of harvest?
How long does the night/day last?

if it's required
no
2x

>tfw i have already hoped through 3 different servers and i'm starting to get tired of starting over
>tfw want to build and explore with friends but there is no PVE Veeky Forums server

Why do you guys hate pve? how about a pve server with pvp events?

it's actually 90% hate pvp/raiding but we have a pvp server. no idea why. they just say they don't because they don't want to look like pussies.

Dead game

I'd be down for an RP-PVP server, honestly but the framework doesn't exist. If an offline raiding mod came out, I think it'd help immensely.

On the other hand, Thulsa Doom raided Conan for steel bars. So you can't really fault somebody for sticking with the lore.

>hate

no, that's just a butthurt excuse for getting raided offline. the reality is most people would just get fucked in the butt by steel raiders if they were online. the whole offline aspect is just to avoid retaliation.

yeah, when they devolve into baby bitch tears and crying for 4-5 hours calling everyone cheaters and exploiters and calling to disable pvp/gods i'm pretty sure they hate pvp.

-PvE server with an ability to flag yourself for PvP
-PvE server with a day set aside for PvP a la Purge Night
-Just PvE and you can fuck right off if you want to raid someone

Those are the ideas?

let's not forget
>i got raided
>wipe the server!
>i need a fair chance :^)

Rustfags aren't ideasmen.

>i will criticize your ideas while contributing none of my own

We already had this discussion two threads ago.
>limit gods' power
>limit offline raiding
>thieving
>memes
You can keep generalizing Snek as the entire server if you want to.

>limit gods' power
t. fags in goddable cliffbases

I have the most open fort in existence.

>he doesn't build right in the middle of the river

no one cares about your sandstone shitpalace

fuck the modding system is overwhelming

>tfw get my first god
>no idea how to use it
>summon it in my base trying to move it out of my inventory
sheeeeit

if only you had webm'd your inventory management

don't mind if i take a peek, m'lady.

wait... what?

>podcast has lead char designer on it
>finally can hear more about having nonshit looking characters
>sit through tons of shitty questions, retard running the podcast finally asks about body sliders
>witchingbones basically says they don't have the resources for it, mentions how much trouble it will be having to go back to make older equipment fit body types and says no promises

so we're not going to get body sliders, might as well refund it was fun.

whered his dick go? did they already add castrations?

Are we finally dead?

Ayys are ded clan, we have nothing and as far as i know I might be the only one left.

I have it on good authority that Vesper's base is filled with chests of this

Raid my t3 base so I don't have to go back to hyena

I wish I had friends to play with on this game. Being alone sucks dick after a while. I tried to make friends on the server but they attacked so I killed them.

What exactly are the rules on the Fun house?

Probably not being a faggot but there's plenty of them.

There are no rules.
Which can be challenging in respects to an early access game with clear imbalances.

It has been pretty fun playing with anons in guild chats.
It's a shame the general won't be around for when any overhaul mods come out or neat content updates release.

Be a faggot

Just wondering cause I just got banned from a server becuase I was saying I'm willing to be banned cause if i'm getting griefed constantly why cant I return the griefing back.

eye 4 an eye
bet you targetted the wrong lad

Admins were joining their side after we wiped their base like several times during a war.

aight boys
got another brilliant idea
incorporate this from Sims Online
and also SWG class system hierarchy

Admins always prove to be faggots. They can't be admin and play within their server unbiased.

>wanting to turn this game into ARK the pooping heatstroke simulator
disgusting

Let's not and say we did.

what's ARK

i'm gonna do it and you're going to love it