/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

Clean edition.

(Looted) Thread:

READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:

Taleworlds will be at E3 2017:
e3expo.com/show-info/3198/e3-2017-participating-companies/

Gamescom Siege video:
youtube.com/watch?v=pv2qb66PbUg
youtube.com/watch?v=6rq-fEc1N0I

Interviews with Armagan at Gamescom '16:
youtube.com/watch?v=3ZcBAGtXvpk

Last blog:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/16

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/yGf6Acvi

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

M&B VERSION ARCHIVES
>ftp://ftp.taleworlds.com/

>user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df
>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

New user created stuff:
>Undead Calradia
moddb.com/mods/undead-calradia
>Gekonewer
mega.nz/#F!itxViDAT!PhBfJWsjATkdqN28V2kZ5g
>(Fixed) Dickplomacy 4.3.0.7b
mega.nz/#!mQQmBQ5a!tomenTON1qzCZ-kiVG9vlHz7LqoY1Hmwi-kQrq43Hhw

>"I made a mod recently or updated it. Wat do?"
Link to the OP in your post so that it might be easier to find for the one making the next OP (also for regular people).

>OFFICIAL PoP Lorebook
mediafire.com/file/p29dy73cftd197j/Prophesy_of_Pendor_The_Complete_Lore_(regular_edition).pdf
mediafire.com/file/3ffn0odaaqfgq4q/Prophesy_of_Pendor_The_Complete_Lore_(alternate_edition).pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jpGz6orJaRU
mediafire.com/file/8x0sid3rb4aw3uu/presentations.txt
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

(Looted) Thread: You're welcome

Do not trust the Rhodok man

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a good Romance of the three kingdoms mod.

>you will never have a pure three kingdoms bannerlord

So did Fierdsvain get buffed in the latest PoP? Or are all the factions the same unbalanced pieces of shit they were earlier

Fiersdvain was actually the original OP PoP. At least so far as autocalc field battles went.

fuuuck
thanks

Can you give a quick briefing about PoP factions? So far, I only noticed that Imperials have the best rhodoks crossbowmen, and Fierdsvain has the best heavy infantry.

usually rather stable without player involvement, the AI logic which declares wars on strong factions to "keep them in check" has a tendency to involve whoever comes out on top in a war with every faction around them

Swadians couldn't defend their castles if it depended on their life

because swedish mayo and geko are both open-source I was able to take the 'next - prev' button from geko's report menu and add them mayo so now you can actually view all the faction relations in swedish mayo.
>tfw most modders don't release source so nothing can be fixed

disgusting image

Say that to my warband and not online and see what happens

can't see anything because the textures are too shit lmfao

Dude your warband is laughing at you.
Look at your helmet, it's a fucking meme. It doesn't even remotely match the rest of your armor.

>winged helm

>entirely covered by blood
>almost full health
You used Ctrl+H, didn't you?

I don't know why they look so shit when I take screenshots, I have the quality on high and it looks good in-game.

>tfw my entire party got turboraped by a couple of amazons using nothing but metal bras and daggers
How do I join these Possessed Doombringers?

why do they look so angry?

After playing Warband enough times I decided to try cheating for once. I didn't Ctrl+H, I just edited my STR to an absurdly high amount.

That's just how rhodok naturally looks like

release that shit, faggot

it's not done yet.
I also fixed the 'known lords by relation' screen and I want to rename some troops that don't have their faction in the name or have improper capitalization.

How do we still now know which faction has fun polearms yet

*Bannerlord faction

Fierdsvain have the best infantry for sieges and fighting other infantry, but they're generally weak against cav which you'll see a shitton of. Their archers are shit, don't bother. Their shock unit is solid, but empire's is generally better.
Ravenstern have the best archers by far, other troops range from mediocre to good. Has ok horse archers if you're going bother using them, has access to some relatively weak cav.
Empire's crossbowmen are basically rhodok sharpshooters, sword & board infantry are inferior to fierdsvain's top tier by stats, but come with javelins and use swords which make them more rounded, especially if you micro when to throw the javs. Their pikemen are an ok addition in small numbers as a support unit. Best shock troop.
Sarleon's commoner troops generally blow. Their archers are mediocre and their top tier inf is a halberdier which (obviously) doesn't come with a shield.
Dshar has solid sword & board infantry at the end of the tree, but the preceding troops are shit. I think their pike troop is slightly better than empire's. Mediocre archers, solid horsearchers. Only commoner tree cav that is worth using.

This only refers to the commoner trees, which is what you'll be getting if you're not a vassal or a sovereign, though you can sometimes get some nobles from prisoners. All noble trees typically end with heavy cav that has sword+shield and lance/bow/jav. Fierdsvain's nobles are easily the worst, Sarleons are probably the best.

The Jatu in PoP Bannerlord Edition.

Fiersdvain Berserker has higher stats and their assured two-handed weapon usage makes their utility predictable. Gladiator weapon spread Vaegir style random and their armor low tier armor just isn't significant enough to be a significant factor when comparing the two. The top tier Fiersdavain common infantry actually has superior stats to many honor knights - So they should not be underestimated. There is probably no better unit to efficiently slaughter super units than Beserkers as nothing kills things as efficiently as Beserkers.

Fiersdvain is just boring in that they are essentially just Nord+.

Ravenstern Rangers can kill many infantry in a melee thanks to having high power strike + two-handers and their rangers have power draw 6 and high overall stats. Ravenstern can feasibly go full commoner archer force and easily win the mod.

D'Shar is horribly overrated in that; while they have objectively superior top-tier infantry to Fiersdvain, D'Shar Blademen's high level makes training them efficiently essentially impossible. D'Shar Assassins are probably the worst of the glass cannon infantry as well due to randomly spawning with horses.

Sarleon halberdiers are strong it is just that they are the faction that most desperately needs their noble unit to function. Basically they can't force factions like Empire and Ravenstern to close in with their inferior archers and they can't safely close in with their Halberdiers unless they use Cavalry to engage them first.

Empire is overall strong. Their Legionnaires; and infantry as a whole with exception to Immortals, were pretty underwhelming to my memory once a melee really broke out though.

>Jatu
>Unmounted combat

>D'Shar Blademen's high level makes training them efficiently essentially impossible. D'Shar Assassins
Those two don't even exist in the latest version, some of the unit stats have supposedly been adjusted as well

stop posting this chinese shit, its fucking cringe

Oh wow, I did not think they changed the D'Shar that much. I had been mocking the D'Shar design (non-aesthetics) and calling them overrated for years now. So I'm not terribly surprised that they were completely revamped. Before they were basically Nords with Scimitars and throwing knives. I would say noble mounted archers but I don't think anyone actually uses them.

Nah. Alternating weapon grips and getting rid of stupid minimum range limitations for thrust attacks in particular would be great too.

or just use a shorter weapon

Don't trigger the spearfags please

Don't listen to this faggot Keep posting polearm chinkino.

Part of the advantage of a polearm is ability to change grip not merely reach. 1H weapons would still have the benefit of shield usage.

The implementation of thrust attack minimum range is just dumb. Its not even defensible from a gameplay perspective due to breaking unit AI.

or just use a sidearm
because having one weapon that can just do everything would be dumb as fuck

>The implementation of thrust attack minimum range is just dumb
doesn't exist

Halberds can do almost everything but would be terrible in enclosed spaces

>has never tried to thrust attack someone while hugging them
do you even play the game?

Most Polearms can't be competently used with shields. Balancing weapons around making swords viable is part of the problem.

youtube.com/watch?v=jpGz6orJaRU
It so goddamn good

What's a good ancient or ancientish mod? I want something with no guns and minimal horsefaggotry. Just yuge clashes of infantry and some archery.

Is VC the best I'm gonna get?

pollaxe would be a better example since they can do what halberds do but more since they're built for versatility, but like you say they're shit in CQC where swords and daggers are better
>do you even play the game?
do you?
>Most Polearms can't be competently used with shields. Balancing weapons around making swords viable is part of the problem.
what the fuck are you even talking about

Does NOT exist

>not wearing padding under your mail coif
enjoy getting concussions from even the slightest touch

stupid technique that's necessary only because a minimum range exists when used as intended, and NPCs can't even do it.
we're talking about improving spears so shit like this is no longer needed.

>using an exploit to overcome design limitation
There is a reason why I mentioned "breaking unit AI." That such an exploit is so common in MP is both an illustration of the absurdity of the mechanic and that it should not be in the game in the first place.

dude It just a stock photo

>exploit
I bet you think feinting is "animation glitching" too

No such thing as an excuse for a ___________Veeky Forumsfag________

>Use an illustration of the lowest reach weapon in the game (fists) in a conversation of polearms
???

Many Polearms such as the Poleaxe and Glaive cannot be used with shield at all. Polearms that can be used with shields; such as spears, tend to have their moveset limited to just down thrust. Even with upstab implemented we are looking at 4 vs 2 attacks.

Not being able to use shields at all or having your moveset limited with a shield equipped is a pretty big negative.

You can sometimes attack through walls using this technique. Attack the ground/air so you can use a spear as essentially a light saber is if nothing else dumb as shit.

>dagger
>does not exist
>post webm that proves that it exists

kys fucking niggers

>fists
>it's a dagger
how dumb are you
>Many Polearms such as the Poleaxe and Glaive cannot be used with shield at all.
that's a good thing
>Even with upstab implemented we are looking at 4 vs 2 attacks.
you don't need 4, 2 is fine

eh, I glanced at the video and didn't see the tiny camo knife. Either way you are selectively using an absurdly low reach weapon to prove a non-point for higher reach weapons.

And yes. If you could read into context at all I am presenting shield limitations as a good thing. That is the entire point. Do you have a point yourself or are you just trying to post inane contradictions?

spoiler alert
shorter weapons are better in close range
longer weapons are not

can someone tell me why WFaS crashes on me all the time?
i dont have any mods and i have load textures on demand set to on

mod is broke

>what are alternating grips

hafted weapons have all of the haft behind them even when choked up
this makes them bad to use in close quarters, which is why knights always had rondel daggers

i just want my 1655 pike and shot mane

It's BROKE

Rondel Daggers were used for grappling. There are plenty of CQC techniques for polearms; and even swords, for full body takedowns. Ideally you are not going to the ground with your opponent (grappling) as that means you will need discard your primary weapon and expose yourself to every potential attacker around you.

this doesn't make polearms any better for a range that close because they have all of that mass and material behind them
there's a point where you're too close for swords too
you could just accept the fact that polearms aren't super weapons that can be used at any range, and carry a sidearm as well as a polearm

anyone can read manuscript here?

The shaft itself serves as an effective lever for grappling your opponent to the ground or bashing them. You're philosophical point seems like a non-issue to me.

What it comes to gameplay mechanics; which really matter, minimum thrust breaks unit AI and players are ignoring it through exploits anyways.

When it comes to polearms there are already implicit disadvantages to the polearms where grip variation would be useful (shield usage more obviously) and the issue with Warband's dagger extend beyond reach in that it is essentially treated as a joke weapon for peasant women.

Try google translate my man

What module is best for playing a qt female lord?

>The shaft itself serves as an effective lever for grappling your opponent to the ground or bashing them
not when you're too close
if you're too close it gets in the way
if these were so effective in close range rondel daggers wouldn't even be necessary because they've got a polearm
but as it stands, no, a 6ft polearm is awkward in close range because it's 6 feet long
>minimum thrust breaks unit AI
no it doesn't
it's polearms being too gimped by default in native because of balance
>and players are ignoring it through exploits anyways.
that isn't exploiting
>that it is essentially treated as a joke weapon for peasant women.
this is, again, bad balance on native's part
entirely possible to make an effective dagger for close combat
the rest of your post is incomprehensible

Why not just treat raise the stat requirements of more versatile Polearms. Its already a bit odd that Polearms have no representation as strength weapons despite the shaft allowing more brute force.

What are you trying to argue

>CAN CRUSH THROUGH BLOCKS.webm

Posted in wrong general because I'm a dumbass

Is this doable or should I abandon ship?

I have 22 swadi knights, 22 sargents, 23 sharpshooters and some other lowlevels.

Sau Ce?

Did that guy just cut through wood with a PVC pipe?

run

Yes
That's just how strong polearms are in real life.

>23 sharpshooters
Do it faggot.

>if these were so effective in close range rondel daggers wouldn't even be necessary because they've got a polearm
Professional Warriors always carried multiple weapons. By the time a Rondel Dagger was drawn your primary weapon was likely completely discarded and you have grabbed your opponent in some fashion. Obviously you are not going to be using a two-handed weapon when you are grabbing the other person with your hands. Daggers have always been rather unique in that you could competently grab a person while maintaining grip with the knife with the same hand. This is also likely why Daggers and Swords are treated as completely different weapon categories. Weapon categories tend to evolve due to the techniques associated with them rather than superficial appearances (much as why many refer to spears and polearms as seperate weapon types).

>it's polearms being too gimped by default in native because of balance
>(weapon dragging) that isn't exploiting
seriously?

>this is, again, bad balance on native's part, entirely possible to make an effective dagger for close combat
Possible yes. In a manner that is consistent with it's historic usage however? Likely not. Grappling will likely never be a M&B mechanic.

>the rest of your post is incomprehensible
>responds to all points including the very last sentence
Seriously?

What does the castle garrison look like? Or are you the castle garrison? If you have the sally out option, you can hold on till the start the siege, beat them in that fight to make them restart the siege, and chances are good they will fuck off or allies will back you up by then.

mediafire.com/file/8x0sid3rb4aw3uu/presentations.txt
here's the new presenations. I'm not sure if it's save game compatible but it should be.

>seriously?
it's not exploiting no matter how much you cry about it

Garrison is a single peasant woman
>hold on till the start the siege, beat them in that fight to make them restart the siege
I totally forgot siege defense happens in waves, I actually might have a chance here

Alternate close range weapon modes for polearms. Take a page from upstabanon's book.

It literally is. Exploits don't mean bad or good, they are just techniques to circumvent an intended mechanic. AI can't take advantage of this because it's an exploit and instead they play by the rules, retardly trying to stab you while hugging you even though it will never do any damage.

I was talking about the sally out option if you can use it. 22 swadian knights and 22 sergeants should easily when in a small arena brawl.

Sure, but then polearms need to be destroyable like shields to balance them with swords

if it wasn't intentional they would've locked the rotational axis on all attack directions
>AI can't take advantage of this because it's an exploit
the AI can't take advantage of anything because they're fucking dumb

Who cares about balance

>the AI can't take advantage of anything because they're fucking dumb
weapons should be balanced around the AI

Only if you can take the two sharp pieces and dual wield them as mini spears like you are in a chink movie or something.

>I want my spears to be the best and OP

Fucking spearfags, stop overcompensating for your little diglet
You never see sword/axe/macefags whinge

>implying that swords are indestructible weapons
The idea that every weapon needs to be balanced around swords is cancer

The sidearm was for if you lost your polearm. Polearms ARE super weapons that can be used at any range. Swords, maces, etc, were always carried as backup weapons, not 'oh gosh he stepped towards me' weapons.

Particularly shorter polearms like polehammers. A polehammer should have no minimum range.

In game 'two handed weapons' function pretty much the way polearms should function. There really should be no distinction. A special distinction for really long pole weapons designed to be used exclusively for infantry which would be pretty shit up close like great big fucking pikes is reasonable, but the game is putting shorter spears, poleaxes, and multi-purpose two handed weapons which happened to have a wooden pole somewhere in them in this retarded minimum range catagory

Balance for the sake of balance doesn't make fun gameplay

the AI could be not retarded instead

Now your just being obtuse. That it a horrible solution.