So, a girl who works in a store where I live accused me of backing into her car a couple weeks ago...

So, a girl who works in a store where I live accused me of backing into her car a couple weeks ago. It's a Chevy Malibu LT, leased, not sure what year.

I'm not trying to deal with insurance on this, or have it reported really, because I didn't know I had done it when it happened. I've been having knocking issues because of my spark plugs so I didn't feel my truck scrape her, I figured it was just my motor knocking so I drove off.

Any idea what something like this would cost for a body shop to fix? Is something like this even worth going to a body shop over? I think she's expecting me to find out stuff like this, as I told her to go to a body shop last week and she said yes and still hasnt contacted me.

She flipped her shit on me when I was shopping though, said it was a lease and that I was fucked.

Probably just insurance fraud bro

You're looking at like $1000 easy.

Tell her you're getting around to it for as long as she'll believe you.

It's really that much for a scrape like that?

That's more than I paid for my fucking truck.

This has been my general plan. I mean, I can't do shit for her until I know what I'm liable for. The longer she takes, the better it looks for me right?

I was thinking this at first, but I'm unfortunately inclined to believe her. My bumper is red, but theres a black scraped off spot on it where she said it would've made contact.

Hate to double post, but, if I do this and she takes a long ass time to do anything, will she even have any kind of legal standing?

Seems like it'd be hard to prove a "hit and run" over a month after it happened, especially for such a small amount of damage. I don't know though, I'm pushing 30 and I have a totally clean driving record and would rather keep it clean by keeping this off my record.

She didn't call the cops, she waited until I came back to the store because I'm a weekly customer. She says there was camera footage but idk how long they keep their parking lot stuff saved.

>My bumper is red, but theres a black scraped off spot on it where she said it would've made contact.

I'm not a lawyer, but unless she has legitimate evidence that you're the one that did it, I don't think she has any grounds. I doubt a scrape is evidence enough. She could have just scraped your vehicle too. I think:
--has a point.

>but theres a black scraped off spot on it where she said it would've made contact.
I've crashed on bikes before, and they got black scraping too. Black, grey, etc. All of that is common for scrapes. If you were in a red car and she had a blue car, and you had blue scrapes, I'd question it a bit, but for black scrapes? No.

>Over a month
>No real documentation beyond maybe a picture of the car.
>Flipping her shit and saying you're fucked
She's coming onto you, turn this in your favor and pacify her with your penis like in my Japanese animations.

I don't even know if she had a picture of the car, thats my picture I took. She seemed visibily upset by the fact that I was taking my phone out to take pictures instead of immediately offering her a thousand dollars or whatever.

I'm just going to wait it out. Also this situation makes my dong want to turn inside out, its not going to turn out like an anime.

If you are preemptive and don't want to take the sexual intercourse route, you can easily turn this into a profit.

It's not even Jewy. If she is harassing you without restraint for a little thing like that on her shitbox that she has no evidence of, you can probably hit the courts for harassment/emotional distress. Maybe even try to hit her for what she's trying to hit you on, though that might not be economically worthwhile.

>She seemed visibily upset by the fact that I was taking my phone out to take pictures instead of immediately offering her a thousand dollars or whatever.

The fact that she was trying to milk you so quickly is suspicious. It sounds like she's trying to fraud you. I'd contact someone for legal advice. Whatever you do, don't be passive with this. She is going to try to bone you somehow, so figure out your cards and try to get some sleep.

Alternatively, you can just get bodywork done on your car ;^)

Have you compared the scrapes at all? Do the points of contact look similar enough?

It will be an anime if you let it be an anime, so don't tranny yourself so quickly or you lose your chances altogether. Do not lose hope.

I wonder, don't you think she would have honked or yelled if she witnessed you scraping her vehicle?

I think they only keep tapes for 7 days, maybe 30 at most either way.

>buy can of white spraypaint
>walk into store and hand it to her

>She says there was camera footage
Acquiring this footage should be your top priority. If there is footage that implicates you, she would have contacted you much sooner. Try finding the footage yourself. This reeks of insurance fraud and the footage would not absolve you, but prove insurance fraud on her part.

>Try finding the footage yourself.
this was my first thought. prove that it was in fact you. otherwise, its her problem

Are you retarded? If you actually hit her car then you should have felt it and owned up to your dumb ass mistake. If you didn't and she has no proof then tell the cunt to fuck off.

tell her to fuck off and to learn to drive. She scrapped on you if anything.

It's a scam bro. But seriously, I'm a Nigeria Price and I've been looking for a nice honest person like you. Just wire me $1,000 so I know your account is legit and I'll transfer you 10x that much just because I like you.

Here's the routing number:

Account Number:

Since it is a lease vehicle, she should have
comprehensive coverage. Which means that
any damage sustained while she is not occupying
the car should be covered by HER insurance
with no deductible. Thats how it works in the
no fault states and even many that are not a
no-fault.

Explain this to her, and if she insists on you
paying for it, tell her she's scamming you, bullshit
you didn't hit shit

Prove it in court bitch.

Thats where it ends, because if there was proof,
there would be a police report, and you'd already
know about that shit.

>So, a girl who works in a store where I live accused me of backing into her car a couple weeks ago

There are people who will put marks on your car so that they can then claim you are the guilty one. THAT actually happened late last year in my city. The perp didn't know that the police managed to access some other camera footage showing him marking the car to "enhance" the evidence.

His case was thrown out for evidence tampering. Nothing was mentioned about insurance fraud.

So that girl could be fabricating the evidence. The proof has to be conclusive. Not that you simply parked next to her. It has to show you hit her. If she figures you are a "meek" kind of guy, she will browbeat you until you admit guilt just to get her to stop. She'll then reveal she recorded you on her cellphone.

Sneaky way to convict innocent people.

There should be white paint burns in Your truck from the friction, or your paint on her shit. If you see that color scraped in your truck then you did hit her.

wouldnt you have white marks on your bumper due to paint transfer?

>America: the post

this

That's leading her on. You just want to break off this dysfunctional "relationship". And keep an eye out for vandalism of your truck if you park it in any exposed outdoor place.

Ask her to provide evidence.

You shouldn't be driving faggot. Go man the fuck up and pay for it pussy ass hit and runner.

OP found a "good" excuse before writing his shitty story. He obviously knew and thought he could get away.
>Bbbbut muh spark plugs