What filters are better than OEM? Do they even exist...

What filters are better than OEM? Do they even exist? It just feels like a giant scheme to pull money out of people for a potentially dangerous part.
>Like these K&M filters which are utter and complete shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

knfilters.com/mobile/billet_oil_filter.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

FRAM

How do they compare to Volant? (AKA the only brand SOME people talk nicely about?)

FRAM gets shit on for being cheap, but it's decent for any random Veeky Forumstist like yourself who's most hoonigan act is probably just speeding on the highway.

Just pick up whatever's at walmart or autozone, brand doesn't really matter for the average joe.

The one's you should be scared of are the ones in actual chinese writing you bought from some warehouse on a badly translated wholesale site

thank you for your wisdom, random stranger

My filter is just a rectangle tho, no metal parts etc. Just some paper with a rubber seal around it. Am I in the clear with these FRAM filters or not?

>THE BEST

Are Fram really that bad? Another Sofegi brand, Purflux, is used as OEM in a lot of cars.

hahaha you're an idiot

Any paper air filter is decent enough unless you live in a sand dune.

there's no improvement if you're lucky with a pod filter. You'll lose hp with a pod filter if unlucky.

Just focus on exaust and other aspects, OEM airboxes are great.
Engine should be the last thing you upgrade anyway.

I was looking into this a while ago, and the results I found pretty much suggested that any filter that gives you more airflow is also not going to filter as well, which makes some decent sense. You'll wind up taking more foreign matter into the intake while also letting more air in. We're talking about fine particulate matter, really really small shit. I can't attest to this being 100% accurate in all cases, an I *am* just some random dude on the internet. If I'm looking at this right, the test used to determine this sort of stuff is an international standard; ISO 5011 air filter testing. You may want to do your own research though, and decide what will work best for your specific circumstances.

There was some test on some forum that did a test on filtration and longevity. K&N had the most initial airflow, but clogged the fastest.

I recall reading exactly that same post, I think. I wish I could find it now for reference, but my google-fu isn't quite that powerful.

Dude, air filters are dirt cheap, there's no reason to buy FRAM

>Just some paper with a rubber seal around it.
It's the cheapest rubber(plastic) they can use and it will last maybe 400 heat cycles before it starts to crack at the seals & the paper will break down from moisture and the constant pull from engine vacuum. Go to any autoparts store and compare economy brands to oem. You'll find the OEM filters have denser, hard plastic and possibly metal in the seal's to prevent warping.
It doesn’t mean much to average commuters but the low surface area and flow of aftermarket filters will cause rich conditions at high RPMs.

Sauce? Otherwise its just OEM purist autism.

>Gotta have MUH OEM air filter that costs quadruple the price.

Surely there must be at least one (even if expensive) manufacturer that makes better filters than OEM...

You should be using a reusable oil filter. Finer mesh filter than disposable. No cardboard.

knfilters.com/mobile/billet_oil_filter.aspx

Clean with carb cleaner when you change your oil.

>K&N

What kind of medical condition do you have?

Whose filters can keep up with my #fully #hektik mods/#life#style?

Are these a pair of crocs?

Generally OEM parts are the cheapest parts that meet manufacturer specs. Some cars even have OEM parts that come from different manufacturers and of varying quality. So yeah, its quite likely that you can find better than OEM filters, but the differences will be unnoticeable.

weight reduction, bro.

>can oil filter
>reusable

wut

I wouldn`t even reuse one if it was just a cartridge, desu.

Please tell me you arent using a paper filter in that thing.....