Daily reminder that if you HONESTLY think this car has enough power you're a fucking clown

Daily reminder that if you HONESTLY think this car has enough power you're a fucking clown.

Not all cars are meant to have a gajillion hp. It's a relatively cheap rwd car that focuses on handling. Whats the problem?

Daily reminder you're a cunt.

It does if i drive it, smoke your gay ass Challengers all day long

>Relatively cheap
Wew lad. I can get a 200 hp car for a lot less without the Toyota tax. Even the s-FR seems like a better deal if that ever comes out.

Basically the same price as a FiST and the same power.

>Basically the same price as a FiST
Nope.

FiST is $23k
86 is $26k

whoa you're only like 2 grand off

I'd rather be a clown than a bench racer.
t. someone who just bought a 140hp sports car.

>90s GM sedan beat the GT86/BRZ in everything

Sad

Can we stop pretending like we don't buy used cars.
GT86 with 40k miles on it can be had for about 15k.

Can get a Porsche Gayman for that price.

it's discounted because it's the old model

lmao at the idea a GT86 is the best you can do for 15k, have you considered suicide lately? seriously fucking shoot yourself in the mouth you stupid bitch, I hope you die in your sleep tonight

Entire point of gt86 is the chassis.
Sure you can put a ls1 with 1000hp and wide tyres and wheels and some chassis braces on some piece of shit you stole off some boomers back yard.

You can do the same to a gt86 and be far better off.
GT86 offers the one thing you can't change: chassis.
GT86 is for people who run touges and time attacks and such.
You know, car enthusiasts.
People who will swap out the engines, swap out the wheels(in gt86 case pmuch instantly) change brakes and suspension.
Chassis is the one thing you can not change and this is its main advantage over older cars you compare it to, which all cost about as much if not more if new.

GT86 is the next "best used car ever" contender

you can have mrs and 2zz swap for that money and have a lighter, nimbler car that doesn't break down every 5 minutes and require a 15k part to fix.

Or you can have an gt86 which is more modern in every way and has a way better chassis other than engine being in front.
GT86 is a great goddamn car, only retarded benchracers who don't even own a liscence and thinks unless you do a 5 second quarter mile your car is a shit.

There is not a single group more objectively wrong than people who hate gt86

>car enthusiasts
Right, car enthusiasts love the thrill of going from 0-60 in 7.5 seconds.

Remind me why I would buy this over a 15 year old BMW I can get for pennies, that will be more fun to drive, not look retarded and actually be fast.

I had someone let me pick a car in 15k price range. I considered gt86 and 350z but instead went for a car third the price because its going to be trashed everywhere and I don't want to worry about scrapes on a 15k almost brand new car. I'd rather ruin a rare out of production car.

gt86 is not for faggots who think shifting to D and holding down gas is anything other than a way to benchmark.

GT86 is for the corners. You know, the part of racing that actually requires a good car.

>I would buy this over a 15 year old BMW I can get for pennies
t. the guy that drives shitboxes and whines about BMW reliability 24/7

>Daily reminder that if you HONESTLY think this car has enough power you're a fucking clown.
Nobody here is dumb enough to think that.

>It's a relatively cheap rwd car that focuses on handling. Whats the problem?
Well other than it's out handled by V6 mustang lol

gt86 thread
>LMAO LOW POWER LMAO SHIT HANDLING LMAO MUH TORKS LMAO BOXER LMAO LAPTIMES LMAO BEATEN BY STANG
thread for cheap rwd jdm cars of which gt86 will be part of one day
>yeah just swap it do these two three simple mods and you'll be smoking stangs left and right in the twisties and in the straights

Veeky Forums will love this car to death and hail it as the greatest jdm rwd car ever as soon as its production ends.

It's for people who have extra cash. You can get a 240sx, s2k, a corvette, or even a fox body to name a few. All cheaper to buy.
I'll buy a 86 once they hit the 8-10k used range. For now i have my vette that i take to track days and my little golf gti for everything else

Fwd cheap and horrible ford interior.
No thanks, I am good at driving

This.
This board is full of clownsl

People are saying there is a better and cheaper option right now for this. Sure the 86 will be one one day. But as of now there are better options for tracking. I think right now its the miata global cup car that is the cheapest track ready vehicle you can buy.

that mustang gets btfo by challenger ez
suck a dick with your shitty muscle car that doesn't even go which is the main point of a muscle car

yeah but gt86 is still a good car if you dont want a convertalbe.
Hard top will always have better chassis than a convertable.
And there are parts of world where only retards buy convertables.
t. someone living in that part of the world who just bought a convertable

The fact that this is still an argument means the car has something going for it... And for 15k used, why bitch about it's lower power when there's tons of aftermarket shit for it. If you want a fast car, buy a C6 Z06 for just over double that. Jesus. You guys are loons

>GT86 is for the corners. You know, the part of racing that actually requires a good car.
Yeah tell me about all those sikkk corners you're going to be taking on public roads and all that sweet track day bro time you're gonna be getting. Or you know, tell me the reality that is you're do a sweet wheels and plastidip build or slam a curb thinking your Dagumi.

Why are you so triggered by the 86 that you felt you needed to make a "Daily reminder", makes me kek seeing how easilly this car brings out other's insecurities

It doesn't even handle that well.

You got that backwards my friend, you're the insecure triggered one right now.

No, I'm just wondering why you feel the need to make these threads. I'm actually quite curious what you drive

RIP bro.

>No

Yes haha

You on the right me on the left btw

If it can get from 0-60 in less than 7.5 seconds it's fine. I'd rather have fun at legal speeds than be bored at 88 mph.

Tell us more about how your going to psychologically analyze him

>if I post more frogs I win every argument
The state of (YOU)

I do agree with you on the convertible having a better chasis, thus i got the z06 cause its fixed roof, its still a great car and performs fantasticly on the track from the get go. For a fixed roof it would still be cheaper to buy a 240 or fox body and mod it than buy a 86 and then mod it.
Also, why hate on convertibles? This will be our family car soon!!

>beaten by yaris

You can get a used c5 z06 for around 20. Sure you cant drift it, but when your tracking or doing time attack you really dont need to. Or buy a non z06 gor about 8-10k and another 5k in mods and youll still have a better track car.

Well I used to be a jealous cunt, then I grew up and got a job

How does a car less than a year old have 40k miles already?

That doesn't even make any sense in the context of the conversation. You're an idiot.

Mustangs are just for looks/show now imo. Yeah they have potential, but against other cars of the same model year they fucking suck ass. Literally just bought for the name, the sound it makes, and to feel better about yourself when you pull ahead of someone

It does, he's a jealous poorfag that thinks a new car is shit because of course "it's overpriced" "I'd rather buy used"

Hektik skidz obviously. Stoplight racing too

>cheaper to buy a 240 or fox body and mod it

And in the end, you'll get an unreliable, 25 year old project car for a $4-6k entry fee and a few thousand in mods.

Veeky Forums has fucking morons than Veeky Forums and /v/ combined. KYS

Stay in Veeky Forums and /v/ you degenerate

It's got the same power as my Saturn Ion Redline and that one has to do it with a Supercharger...

If an NA could pull me as hard as this does I'd buy it. Arguably it's not a v8 or anything but my Saturn can get moving fast enough with some spirited driving.

KYS retard, people like you and the lack of any moderation have progressively made this board worse with each passing day.

Yeah sure, it's me guys making Veeky Forums worse. Certainly not the shitposter making the same daily thread. I thought you were smarter than this

The Saturn has 50lb more torks tho and does 0 - 60 in a second and a half quicker than the GT86.

>Yeah sure, it's me guys making Veeky Forums worse
Pssst, you're no different than them moron.

>he's a jealous poorfag that thinks a new car is shit because of course "it's overpriced" "I'd rather buy used"
How much of a petulant faggot do you have to be to so obviously project your insecurities about a fucking underwhelming 2+2 commuter car?

>How much of a petulant faggot do you have to be to so obviously project your insecurities about a fucking underwhelming 2+2 commuter car?
I don't know, ask the guys making these daily threads

Stock or Stage2? Stage 2 Ion Redline/Cobalt SS get an even higher torque boost.

And yet here you are, posting in them, spouting the same inane shit about HATERZ JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND that perpetuate these daily. I thought you were smarter than this, faggot.

Bone stock, not even the stage one kit. If you get either of the kits then yeah, that performance deficit grows even further.

I used to think my 86 had enough power until I read this thread.

Do you guys think it's too late for me to buy a fiesta instead??? Help please

You should reserve a Tesla Model 3! I heard it has the equivalent of 500.

>stage 2
fuck you

Watch out everyone, we got a badass over here

Honk honk

this after reading this thread I realize my 86 handles like a schoolbus and has the power of a shopping kart.
Please help

If this isn't a troll I must ask what possesses people to go in blindly buying a car without a thorough test drive?

>focuses on handling
yeah any car can "focus on handling" when it has less than 200 horsepower.

I loved it until this thread where people pointed out how shit this car is.
I was reking stangs in corners until the post that says a v6 stang will outperform it and I now realize gt86 is shit

daily reminder if you think the wonderful handling and reasonable power is not enough in gt86 you need to learn how to fucking drive.

my 15 year old BMW has a faster 0-60 even though it weights 1000 pounds more and has 20 less horsepower. Not to mention it can be had for 1/5 the price. Why blow the money on a car that will almost certainly depreciate to a fraction of its original price in less than 5 years?

Because maintenance on a bimmer is a nightmare

Why did anyone reply to this?

OP replies to himself causing snowball effect

This is Veeky Forums. Everyone in this board is a troll

So your 3700lb BMW with 180hp can do 0-16 in 6 seconds or less then? Lol, maybe in your dreams.

How and what model

I can't believe that someone hasn't left a daily reminder yet

Gato lost though

>some showed as low as 130whp from the factory

I just find it sad how there is a 40whp difference between cars when the power is already so low.

Why? Why does this happen?

Daily reminder that the NA Miata is the most tracked car in the world and it has 100hp.

Boxer engines are shit when it comes to global tunes. Each one should be handled by itself. That is the biggest problem.

But to break it down, it's just quality control.

Got a clean red BRZ with 25000miles for 15k.

Salvage title right?

I see nothing but moving goalposts and cherry picking and muh 1/4 times from anti gt86 crowd.
That usually means car is fucking great.

oh thats dank.

I got a perfectly clean, flawless post facelift zzw30 with LSD and TTE exaust and hardtop for 8k with 24k miles on the clock and in best color

>That usually means car is fucking great.
It is already 5 years old and reviewers favor it over the ND RF, BMW M2, v6 Camaro, and ecoboost mustang

200hp

how is that not enough?

thats how much a fiesta st has. its only 50hp less than my f-250 which can haul cars up hills at reasonable speeds

hell i can spin my tires with 138hp in my econobox

Only 10% of Veeky Forums enjoys their cars on good roads

Its around 300 pounds heavier but has 50 more hp and is alot cheaper than a new miata, if both are base models with manual transmissions

there's a pink 90 horsepower skyline that does doriftu on tougays in japan.

200hp is plenty.

No.
Mint interior
Mint exterior
Transmission + clutch mint
Came with full service history
Got it inspected before purchase.

VERY hard to believe, where did you get it from? Did you look up VIN?

The problem with my BRZ is the torque dip between 2500-4500RPM which is daily driving territory. There's just no real acceleration until you hit 4500RPM. You basically hit peak torque right after you accelerate then you wait until 4500 to get back to peak torque. It's very noticeable.

>GT86
>0 - 60 in 6 seconds

good one m8

Thats why you rev and downshift.

Or get a header and tune

you can get clean gt86's that have done 30k for 17k euros.
Ones that have done 60k for as low as 12k euros.
And ones that have done 14k miles for around 18-19k euros