ITT: horseshit car tech

ITT: horseshit car tech

Other urls found in this thread:

m.wardsauto.com/technology/how-mazdas-skyactiv-fuel-efficiency-technology-works
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Did the Japanese start this shit? If you look at the cars from the 90's, they all have an abundance of badges.

>I have no fucking clue about actual engineering: the thread.

Skyactives are great engines, they can run stupid high CRs on shitty 3rd world fuel and still kick the ass of all 2000cc N/A rivals.

Anything more advanced than chain driven direct fuel injection is nothing more than the climate change industry cucking you.

>anything more advanced than a bicycle is nothing more than the oil industry cucking you

>I drive a mazda and therefore think skyactive is anything but horseshit

That's true and also quite...

S A V A G E
A
V
A
G
E

Hemi badges on Dodge are are a joke, literally almost every car made in the last few decades has a "Hemi" cylinder head design

Electronic hand brakes.

Why? you want that feedback letting you know you're locked in

m.wardsauto.com/technology/how-mazdas-skyactiv-fuel-efficiency-technology-works
>wards 10 best
>efficiency,simplicity, reduced weight, increased mpg, reliability, power.
Sounds excellent to me
Sorry youre so ignorant

Yes, but those cars don't have a hemi badge. So it doesn't matter

>me at an autoshow with some mates
>Dodge booth with a couple SRT8s
>"OMG user LOOK! IT'S A HEMI!"
>"Lol guys, it's funny they still use that badge since true hemispherical heads are not used nowadays and this particular engine uses a pentroof design like any other modern car"
>"NA-AH! IT'S A HEMI ENGINE", says salesman out of nowhere with his panties in a bunch
>"Uh, no, it's not..."
>"Yes it is, it says so on the enfine"
>mfw

its still a retarded badge, might as well have a "synchronized manual transmission" badge underneath because lord knows passenger vehicles have only had synchronized manual transmissions for 60+ years

The 2 litre Skyactive makes more torque per litre than any other N/A production engine. It will also do 230 hp with just a exhaust manifold and tune. The name is horseshit, but the tech is not.

no
brz and 458 are two random cars whose engines make more

this

why compare it to old N/A engines?

>most powerful mazda gas engine isnt skyactiv

the 1.3 makes 63.8 lbft pe liter
the 1.5 makes 74
the 2.0 makes 75
the 2.5 makes 74

the BRZ makes 78
the 458 makes 88.4
the 4.0 in the Porsche makes 84.75

there should be others but I'm too lazy to search

>The 2 litre Skyactive makes more torque per litre than any other N/A production engine. It will also do 230 hp with just a exhaust manifold and tune. The name is horseshit, but the tech is not.

You faggots fell for the b8

You realize that Mazda's Skyactive """horseshit""" is one of the only reasons we still have any good small N/A engines on the market today?

While everyone else was falling for the fucking EcoBoost meme, Mazda was over there in the corner autistically squeezing more and more out of small N/A engines. They realized that eco and boost do not go hand in hand if you make the actual engine too small to operate without being in full boost most of the fucking time, so they decided to get all the benefits of boost (high effective compression, efficient creation of power) with none of the downsides (lag, reliability issues, real fuel economy sucks, real power delivery sucks) and now everyone is realizing that Mazda was doing it right the whole time.

I mean, it's not wrong.

DESU, it probably makes the most torque per liter compared to most "regular" engines in "regular" cars

this

>t. triggered ferd shill

whats an enfine?

When will Mazda make a Skyactive rotary?

I like ford but I can't deny Mazda has got the upper hand in economy car engines. Even in the latest cars Ford still uses 16 year old Mazda engines.

Don't reply to these threads you shits.

Ok

The next-Gen skyactive won't use sparkplugs. Biggest change to ICE engines ever.

I believe so

Yeah, people forget that some of the Ford Duratecs were actually licence-produced Mazda designs

>people forget

No they don't because mazda fanboys remind them everytime someone says ford

So they finally become diesels?

they still have sparkplugs they just won't use them all the time.