How much does a decent used 1990 Mazda Miata cost? I really want one and started saving

How much does a decent used 1990 Mazda Miata cost? I really want one and started saving.

Other urls found in this thread:

athensga.craigslist.org/cto/6055637797.html
asheville.craigslist.org/cto/6015922158.html
wiki.miata.net/tiki-index.php?page=Checking Out a Used Miata
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why 1990?
They are the slowest ones.
Get 1994+ for the 1.8L and have at least a tiny bit more power

You sound underage?

Anyways where in the States do you live?

Good point, but how much would a decent one cost? Also what kind of parts should i add?

>Also what kind of parts should i add?
What do you mean? its your fucking car, do whatever you want to it.

Im 20, i live in GA. I just recently got into cars i currently drive the good 'ol burger box 2008 dodge charger. I constantly regret not getting something smaller and i cant really explain it but i love the miata.

A lot of us southern boys are quite fond of the same sex ;)

I know it was a dumb question, but i mean is there anything specific that a miata should have?

>Miata is a gay boy car
I know the jokes, but im not gay.

Aside from old RX-7s, Miatas hold their value pretty damn well. Be prepared to fish out a good chunk of change for something that has been taken care of.

RX-7 is my favorite car, but i decided to settle with a miata because all the RX-7s i've seen are all modded out by spics. Sad really

A miata is nothing like an RX7.
>t. Someone whos owned both
Dont expect it to be.

Oh

Im not. But im sure i will have fun cruising in it.

explain what does 't.' mean?
sorry slight old fag here.

A good Miata around here (British Columbia, Canada) will run you about 4-6k Canadian.

Join some local car groups as they'll generally sell for slightly less than Craigslist or other sites. Go to some meets if you have a decent car already. After you get to meet people for a couple weeks just ask around and see if anyone is selling theirs or if they know someone who is.

NA = First Gen Miata

NA6 = First Gen Miata with the 1.6l engine

NA8 - First Gen Miata with the 1.8l engine

use google for the rest of your information and craigslist as a place to look for cars. It's not hard.

I don't trust Craigslist, any other website to look?

In Leafland Kijiji and Autotrader are popular. Found a good seller when I needed to shop for my mom a new used car. You find the right car, hopefully with the right people, and you are set. Everything went smooth, guy even delivered the car to her house, took off the plates and I drove him back to his place in mom's old beater (which is now my headache lol).

I'd say $2k - $5k is a fair price range. I'd say go for something after 1994 because they added additional air bag and they gave it a bigger engine. Check for rust in the rocker panels (Google it) and look up carpassionchanel on YouTube. He gives a good video on how to buy a used miata. I have a 92 and so far I've replaced the soft top, air filter, oil, shifter internals, tires, shocks, water plug, fuel injectors, spark plugs, plastidipped it, and did bondo work on it. All of these things you can learn to do on YouTube or online. Go on miata.net if you want to avoid Craigslist and you'll find listings on there for cars. But Craigslist will be your best bet. Pic is before and after I did work on it

A knowledgeable driver now go buy a FRS instead

>I don't trust Craigslist

bahahahah good luck finding a Miata then.

craigslist is easier to find good deals. Yeah you might have to deal with a few shitheads at first or get lucky but that's how it goes. I just went on Atlanta Craigslist and found a few clean Miatas

Basically there are two versions of the NA generation

89-93
93-97

The 89-93 used a 1.6
The 93-97 used a 1.8

All things considered, the increase in performance is largely negligible and you can easily swap a 1.8 into a 89-93 anyways.

There were some other tweaks in the 94-97 NAs that make them worth owning. Things like chassis rigidity, safety tweaks, etc....

Nothing major though. If you want all that, get a NB.

A 89-93 NA in pretty good condition with less than 80k miles should be around $4000 tops

120k miles around 3k

Any more than that and the value should be between 2k-3k. Body condition doesn't even really matter at that point. There's just too many of these damn cars out there to have to compromise with a seller like that

>I don't trust Craigslist, any other website to look?

Now you're def underage

what happened to the miata general?

"From"

What you wanting to Been wondering the same thing, I wanna talk about my new (to me) Miata!

Do your own research faggot, we can't make the determination if you can afford parts or not.

That's similar to
>I like traps but I'm not gay

There's literally nothing gay about liking traps as long as they have a feminine penis.

It's a quality Finnish meme originally from Ylilauta's /int/ (or at least it spread amongst the English-language chans that way). It's short for some Finngolian word that means regards.

Save $2200 and youll be able to get a good one.
Get good tires, brakes and start saving to swap a 6 speed transmission into it (that should be about $1000)

kill yourself

Dont believe this its not good to just swap a 1.8 into a 1.6 car. You don't get the torsen LSD which itself is worth the extra money for a 94+ on top of that you will need to get all the 1.8 running gear and would have ended up spending way more than just buying a 1.8 to begin with.

Jesus, it was just a question

Thank you, probably the only one on this board that is actually answering me.

Thank you

all the stupid asses saying "spend 4k max" but are then telling you to get a 1.6 have no idea what they are talking about. Buy a 1.8 absolutely though

What do you mean underage?

because its very immature to fully rule out Craigslist when 70% of the miatas for sale are on that site.

he isnt going to find a clean 1.8 for under $2200 in Atlanta you dumbfuck

God damn you faggots are retarded

why would you want a miata?
>no power
>shit chassis
>rice tax

You're so stupid just shut the fuck up.
Keep checking the newest section of offerup, craigslist, and facebook if you are too impatient or just too dumb to not find one then you are having some real problems. You probably think its a 4k scenario and would suggest a 1.6 haha

I suggested a 1.8

looks like you are the actual dumbfuck here because I searched craiglist for user.

for a whopping $2400 bucks this what a 1.8 gets you. A solid piece of shit.

athensga.craigslist.org/cto/6055637797.html

OH and check out pic related are the rest of the choices for 1.8 miatas. look at the fucking prices you stupid cuck.

now kill yourself and never post on Veeky Forums again

this will probably be the best you can do OP

asheville.craigslist.org/cto/6015922158.html

Kill yourself faggot

>Edgy

I did not fully rule out Craigslist. I just do not trust the site, i was hoping for an alternative.

I'd be incredibly surprised if you can find a "good" condition miata at 2.2k. Especially a 1.8 at that. Obviously this all depends on where you live, but browsing CL 2.2k is almost unheard of. You can probably get a rusted out POS for 2k. When you start looking at better trims w/ a torsen you can count almost anything below 2.5k out.

around 3 grand is a good price for a decent one

Not OP, but I'm browsing around for a Miata, too. I found a couple of decent-looking NAs on Craigslist.
I live out in Commiefornia, so I'm not particularly concerned about rust problems, but what are some common issues with the Miata?
Is there anything in particular that I should ask about?

>inb4 Miatas are for fags
I'm already in the club.

Cuck

wiki.miata.net/tiki-index.php?page=Checking Out a Used Miata

If you are totally autistic and want to read a fucking book to find out if a car is good or not, there you go.

If it's a 1.6, read about the crank problem they can get. I've never owned a 1.6 so i'm not super savvy on that issue. 1.8s are pretty bulletproof. Both I've owned have had small oil leaks, nothing too concerning so don't be 100% turned off if the owner tells you or you see some oil down the side of the engine or on other components (obviously to an extent).

Honestly miatas dont have many common problems. Sure some people get odd things going wrong here and there, but I can't think of any thing I would tell someone "make sure you check x". Just test drive it and see what it do.

Read up on the different trims though. I highly advise finding one with a torsen LSD for max fun. Most notably identified by leather interior 90% of the time. Otherwise call up Mazda w/ the VIN and they'll tell you everything about the car (i've done this 4 times. its super quick and easy). Miatas are really expensive in CA i've found, so try to find something in a decent price range and check it out. Post links to ones you find and people in miata general or any thread really will take a look at them and give you their 2 cents.

Why do you lie to random strangers on the internet?

lol get rekt haha

i'm in the market for one too. this was helpful, thanks

Yeah, reading material is always appreciated. I'll read what you sent me. I'll learn about the torsen system abd all, but I don't think I'll find a miata with one. Thanks, bro.

Torsens are pretty common in 94' and up. They do add value to the car, and bought separately are worth app. $500.

I'd like to know if I should even bother buying one in Europe