How do you combat potholes br/o/s...

How do you combat potholes br/o/s? Just today I lost the rubber "pothole indicator" from under the car and mine is not even THAT much lowered...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=duJK8EUHQMM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Get a crossover

Don't lower your car like a Chinese fuccboi

I use suspension, you should try it sometime.

now you know not to lower it.

become a pothole drifter

by raising my car instead

rally is life faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=duJK8EUHQMM
forgot link

Fast reflexes.

That's like having a bad hook up and saying you should go gay.

That's what I did

THIS.

Also I don't want to look like the surfer twats from Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle...

this.
SUV's are beyond shitty cars. 99% of the time a normal streetcar can do the """"offroad"""" retards lift their brotrucks for.

>tfw your car came with monster truck suspension from the factory
it's been taken care of since this picture was taken. im all for functional stance but good lord was is this hard to look at.

What third-world shithole are you living in?

Piss off fag

USA

What kind of self proclaimed car enthusiast would get that color?

Probably the same type of car enthusiast that knows you can paint or vinyl wrap a car to the color you want, or maybe one that doesnt care so much about paint he stops it from letting him buy a car he wants.

By setting aside your Grindr terminal and paying attention to the road.

Or get a Baja bug, I dunno.

Ayy mang
Nissan mucho bueno
Burrito pinata

Gotta be born a PPA
Analyze the pothole goy

>wants to spend more money
>wants to have an ugly car

Sounds like an idiot to me.

>doesnt want to spend money on his car
>doesnt like sleepers
there's definitely an idiot in here

Living in a place without shit roads.

Still have a raised rear because fuck speed bumps.

>Pothole Indicator.

Don't know how to describe it better. It's just a stiff rubber skirt that signals you that you have an inch left

drive around them
if you're not that low though it shouldn't even be a problem
curbs are scarier
that's hot

You mean lower valence, and air dam. That's not there to tell you how low you are.

It does the job tho.

What does an air dam do?

>What does an air dam do?
It has a number of important functions of which the most obvious taken for granted one is that it keeps your engine compartment a lot cleaner than it would otherwise be if there was no air dam like with older cars.

Most people here are familiar with the "Dyson Vacuum Cleaner" effect and how it uses both motion and inertia to separate dirt and air. Vacuum cleaners keep the dirt and throw away the air. Your car keeps some of the air and throws the rest away.

The air dam importantly reduces air from directly flowing under the front of the car. That means as the car moves forward, the open bottom of the engine compartment serves as the new air source for the air under the car. This creates a strong downward suction as it pulls in air via the lower and upper grilles. This creates a strong DOWNward vector immediately behind the grille. Thus the dirt and rain drops are thrown downwards faster than they move inwards toward the engine. A lot of that thus ends up being sucked thru the open bottom.

Certainly, some dirt and water still enters the engine compartment through the fan wall, but the partial "dyson" effect does remove a lot of trash from the air.

So that's one of the reasons why you want that air dam.

I should probably mount it back

Helps with mpgeees as well.

KNAWLEDGE? in my Veeky Forums?

that was so fucking not funny

>How do you combat potholes
Avoid them. Send in complaints to your local state representative. And also send in complaints to the state dept of transportation. If you remain silent, then your voice didn't matter.

By being aware of the road in front of me and simply dodging them

So what you're saying is, is when when I ran over that stupid cement trapezoid in the parking lot and ripped off my air dam, I effectively made my car a drift weapon since now all the weight of the air is forward?

Please don't try to be deliberately stupid.

>stupid cement trapezoid
Cities and new construction ordinances (which of course regulate new parking lots) designate certain max heights for curbs and parking stops. The problem occurs when a new car (low on the road) encounters a really old parking lot that was never remodeled to new standards. Then those curbs or parking stops can be too high and even damage the fascia.

People who lower their cars should not complain about driving over cement trapezoids. It is up to those drivers to remain aware of what they did to make their car become incompatible with the normal world.

In one parking lot of a favorite place I go to at lunch time, the stops are ancient from the true old days when you could slide your body underneath a sedan. I could do that with my grandparent's sedan. I carefully move in and don't let my fascia touch because I'd take real damage. Basically, I think of parking stops as "walls" and simply don't get that close to them.

>How do you combat potholes br/o/s?

Don't lower your car so much. Remember, when entering a pothole, you can scrape the bottom metal of your car to the point where rust can enter new holes or cracked seam welds and eat your car from inside out.

I steer around them because I know where they are.
If I hit one, it's no big deal for the car; proper tires and stock suspension height. I just wince because every wheel going through is making the pothole worse and harder to avoid

I drive a pick up

I use Eibach Pros

I live in New York. There is no such thing as "avoiding" potholes, you grit your teeth and hope your suspension doesn't explode.

>Cares about looks more then performance or fun factor.
Sounds like a poser to me.

I left my car on its OEM springs because there is no way in hell am I dodging potholes for 40 minutes straight to and from work. At the very least I can afford to hit the pothole it its unavoidable.

>truck suspension

Looks like normal car suspension

They're all equally important dude.

Low is for faggits.

>Low is for faggits.
Those low cars can't be driven here. Our neighborhood has speed bumps due to teenagers and other speeders.

>'94-'99 maxima
>ugly
I don't think so, breh.