I'm never going to get a job with no connections am I Veeky Forums?

I'm never going to get a job with no connections am I Veeky Forums?

r9k knows better, you should ask there.

>asking for advice from people who are either in the same position or even worse off than me

connections or experience.
you better start making friends. you can start with your family.

Hard mode, mom never worked and dad is a super beta social outcast so no 'reliable' connections
Also the school you went to was a dump and most of your friends are unemployed too

shit that's me

would an employment agency help? like the ones you sign up to and they find a random full-time wagesalve job for you

Employment agencies usually ask for recommendations.

You would be better spamming your resume to entry-level positions at small businesses.

will you stop posting >try /r9k/

it's annoying as fuck, doesn't contribute to the thread, it's not even a funny joke.

Right. Cause connections give you forward warning of opening job positions, or positions created for you.

So how do you make connections? If you're religious you find a church. If you're young you can post fliers for odd jobs (dog walking / lawn / christmas lights). Some of your customers may be affluent and if you never give them doubt about your performance, they may talk to friends about you. Military is an option, if your ideals align that way. AF will probably have the people that come from wealthier families.

Honestly, at this point I'm thinking that starting your own business is the best way to go. Your clients are your connections. Volunteering may help... sometimes.

>know what you need to get what you want
>refuse to go out and get what you need to get what you want

Damn niggas, why do you make your own lives so hard?

They don't know to go out and get it you fucking retard. If you don't knlw how to swim, jumping into a lake isn't the best way to learn, for everyone.

I'm pretty sure these anons have drive, but they need to know what road to drive down.

>I'm pretty sure these anons have drive, but they need to know what road to drive down.
If they are asking on Veeky Forums, they don't have any drive whatsoever.

by that reasoning neither do you or anyone else itt

I had no internship or connections and I got an engineering job 2 weeks after I graduated

i interned at a tier 1 contractor company for an entire year during my study. i graduated 5 months ago and i still cant find a graduate or entry level engineering job.

Sure you can OP - likefaucet.com

This anecdotal evidence doesn't align with the job market. That's makes you an outlier and that makes you lucky.

Curious what area you work in and what year you were hired in. Was it a small or big company?

Fishy as fuck. Probably just another game in which the bottom waste time for pennies while a few at the top get the payout. Any unemployed anons need to watch out for these "jobs." That website probably won't be registered a year from now and suckers are going to waste A LOT of time and perhaps resources for it.

Did you ask the company you interned at about full time positions?

I got my first job out of college without networking. You retards act like networking is the only way to ever get a job, EVER.

Out of hundreds of likely candidates

tBh i could but i just really hated the working environment there. i told myself that ill give myself a year to look for a job at any other company. if i cant find any by then ill just have to suck it up and work for that shitty company.

You could have stuck around and looked at other jobs during your stay there. It's better than nothing.

We're claiming that connections are the BEST way to get a job. On top of that, comnections get you lateral movement.

Dddd

Dfhyyt

Good advice. Always look for a new job even if you're in a stable and well-paying job. There's a good chance someone will pay you more.

Nebdbdbrh

if i work there im probably going to sign onto the graduate program which will lock me up in that company for the next 4 years

I literally almost got into a fight at a bar over this topic with a beta faggot SJW cuck last week.

He kept boasting about how he's doing a MIS program and is going to work for IBM, and that he turned down an internship with google or something.

I told him for 99% of people, it's literally about networking to get jobs-- real jobs.

He kept trying to argue that its not the case for jobs at like google and IBM because those were places he got in, and that everyone has to go through HR, and they always only take talented, exceptional people.

I laughed at his face over the stupid arguments he was using against me. His logic was just boastful about his experience, and he became more and more infuriated when I would laugh at his statements.

He's such a fucking cuck.

P.S. Yes you can get a job without current connections... you just have to go make some. It's easier than you think. If youre in school, they have tons of networking events, and you can always ask professors. If youre out of school, go to local meetups for various industries.

To build great relationships, remember to Always accept everyone, immediately, without limitation for who they are fully. No matter what they look like or believe or past actions, smile immediately and give them your full attention. Pause briefly before responding to what they say. Converse agreeably and positively. Restate what they say, so they know you were listening. Always mention how interesting their work is, and that youre currently looking for a new position, and that if they have any leads, you would love to hear them. It's always about getting them to like you; and you do this by making them feel like they are the most important person in the world to you at that moment.

No

Do sales. I had no connects and that's how I broke ground. Just called a few companies that needed salesmen until I got something.

Then I used the salesjob to jump into another job.