Ever see a car that, either from a factory or as a build...

Ever see a car that, either from a factory or as a build, is aesthetically let down by one thing so badly that it just turns from cool to "what the fuck?"

Pic related. A gorgeous 50s Chevy restomod I with possibly the most ill-advised choice in wheels possible this side of 20"+ chrome drug dealer wheels.

That whole paint job is fucked. I never got the whole >they don't make em like they used to meme. Especially from people who change the entire driveline, brakes, wheels and interior

restomods always look like shit

theres also no bigger let down in the world than seeing an LS in something it didnt come in

Meh, I don't see a problem with turning something like a Plymouth satellite, or what was a base Camaro into a restomod, so long as you don't put gawdy ass wheels on it.

Where it gets shitty is when its done to relatively rare cars.

This, except a tasteful motor only restomod is pretty cool desu. Wasn't until last summer that I saw an LS in a Bel Air and now it's all over.. What I hate the most though is when people restomod a rare car like a fastback Mustang/ GT-350 or a C1 Corvette. Pic related

Restomod is cool, how the fuck can you not like it?

I love old cars, but I want something that can turn, stop, and accelerate better than a clapped out minivan. So; restomod.

looks like shit
ruins the car
if I wanted a new car Id get a new car and not rape a classic

call me a purist hipster or whatever you want

you dont love old cars if you want a restomod

>looks like shit
Because of the wheels

>ruins the car
>accelerates faster, stops faster, turns better, still looks great
>ruined
Really?

Fucking purist. What are you, a boomer?

>you dont love old cars if you want a restomod
Bullshit. Some people love an old car by driving it and enjoying it instead of polishing it and putting 6 miles per year on it like a boomer fuck.

nope

you hate old cars so much you want it to be a new car

fashion faggots

Ok hoss. Shuffle off

>theres also no bigger let down in the world than seeing an LS in something it didnt come in

Faggot detected

2 tone is best paint for 50s car you little millennial shit

at least I know I will always be more enthusiastic about cars than these plebs

It's hard to find a 50's car without 2 tone paint, hell even the trucks had it

I never said that. My criticism is more grounded in the fact that two tone metallic black and gray is not very 50s. Painting a 50s car dark edgy colors and giving it retarded wheels ruins it. Also shaving 50s cars is dumb.

its easy as fuck to find them and thats a goddam 80s truck

I agree for the most part. Like for instance a Mustang coupe.

There were like a fucking trillion of them, and a lot of them came with the straight 6.

So yeah let your imagination go wild. Swap in some crazy motor. 2JZ? That's fuckin silly but I guess it sort of makes sense, another straight 6. A Ford Ecoboost? Neato, I guess.

Go nuts on making it IRS and double wishbone? Hey, it's your money, probably will make it handle pretty nutso.

The sky is the limit with the "unloved" classics in my mind.

But when you take something that was rare and had an intrinsic value beforehand, like a Shelby fastback, fucking why would you ruin it like that?

Sure

Sorry, only thing I had in my folder.
The one thing I liked about old cars is how simple they were and how unique their dashes and gauge clusters are, so it triggers me when I see someone put in a touch screen or tv's in the back

muh dick

>Engine swapping means you can't be an enthusiast

>Liking shit tier engines and slow tier vehicles makes you an enthusiast

Sorry that you aren't smart enough to work on cars user

>those wheels
Melanin enriched owner?

Old cars are objectively shit in every way other than looks (subjective). Restomodders are pretty much the best old car guys because they recognize they're shit and fix them up to modern specs. They usually easy to get along with because they're not some dumb fucking boomer with his life saving in a shit heap crowing about how they don't make em like they used to.

>inb4 it isn't abut specs on the toegay
cool then fuck off with your old car and keep your opinions on objectively superior cars to yourself. we aren't even talking about modern performance cars either, literally Corollas can outrun half the old muscle cars out there.