Does the average adult male height increase or decrease as time passes? All Ottoman padishahs were like 7 feet tall...

Does the average adult male height increase or decrease as time passes? All Ottoman padishahs were like 7 feet tall, right? And now that kids are growing up with iPhones, you could say height decreases, right? R-Right?
Asking because I'm 5'10".

>5'10"
You're a fucking dwarf Harry

Height on average has been increasing its something women are blatantly conscious off in selective breeding. It's mostly due to dietary reasons though.

There's so much pseudoscience in that post I don't even know where to begin

Height is a social construct?

assuming you're a turkroach
internet says 5'10 is average in your country
stop being so insecure
height is a buzzword
just go Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums

Do you even know what that word means?

it depends on the population. southern o haplotypes seem to have shrunken due to endemic famines and the length of their feudal period. northern O types seem to have have gotten taller over time because of introgression from northern gene pools.

a similar pattern displays itself with r1b haplotypes as well, northerners experiencing less population pressure as a whole, therefore retaining a few more traits from barbarians instead of intensive and widespread agriculture quickly setting malthusian bottlenecks on nitrogen and iodine content in food.

actually, this pattern repeats in the indian subcontinent as well, but the genetics are probably too divergent to make it clear

>Does the average adult male height increase or decrease as time passes? All Ottoman padishahs were like 7 feet tall, right?

>And now that kids are growing up with iPhones, you could say height decreases, right

Go fuck yourself, shitposter.
It's clear than even you, retarded and unaware as you are in general, know that what you've just typed is utter bullshit, I won't even waste my time telling you why because I refuse to believe you are that dumb.

I have nothing else to say to you

>seething

and they say he drowned in the river

If anything kids are getting bigger per each generation.

Source? Citation?

It depends on diet. Medieval people were taller thanks to warmer climate getting better food intake for them and people shrunk during the early industrial revolution due to living conditions being so utterly shit.

Japs were known to Northern Chinese all the way to 2nd Sino-Japanese war as small island monkeys but Nips grew large post-war due to dietary changes.

Got pics of that Veeky Forums meetup? Funny as fugg :D:D

>medievale people were taller

No. They were significantly shorter than modern Europeans.

>northern O types seem to have have gotten taller over time because of introgression from northern gene pools.
Doesn't explain why average height decreased in northern China after the Han dynasty.

The original Chinese weren't that far apart from the pre Altaic hunter gatherers of northern Hebei/Inner Mongolia/Liaoning.

Not only are you wrong about medieval people being tall, you're also wrong about japs growing significantly after WWII

Lel dude its because of bergmansch's rule

Shorter than modern people but their height did peak during the warmer period compared to the upwards trend.

>All Ottoman padishahs were like 7 feet tall
I am in no way educated or informed on the Ottoman empire and its subjects, but that sounds highly unlikely

>It's mostly due to dietary reasons though
It's a lot about kids growing up healthier actually.

He's probably counting the hats.

There was a study that indicated that the cause of the dutch beinf the tallest is due to selective breeding

Look at the dutch.

They went from one of the shortest to one of the tallest due to diet

you're missing out on the best parts of history senpai

Sexual selection against Manlets was always there but accelerated with the unfettered pursuit of hypergamy.

Human height has remained more or less constant for thousands of years, what modern societies can boast is that more people reach their full potential height because it's rare for people to experience famines during childhood. It's like life expectancy, people today don;t have any longer lifespans than ancient people, we just have more old people because more people survive for more of their "potential lifespan" than in the past.

Got a source for that other than it being common cited?

The skeletons found at Towton were an average of 5 foot 7. Some obviously taller, some shorter. The modern average height is 5 foot 9.

That's the same thing though
>inb4 amerilards

Perhaps, but more correctly that taller dutchpersons were just having more kids

why were they described as tall by the romans

underated