I want to buy a hummer. Is it a bad idea? Are there any modern cars that are that tank-like?

I want to buy a hummer. Is it a bad idea? Are there any modern cars that are that tank-like?

Hummers are absolute trash in just about every single way, just get a regular Tahoe or something instead

>hummer
literally a tahoe with a bodykit to appeal more to faggots

an H1 or old G-wagen is gud

>tank-like

For the love of god, don't get an H2 at least, DeShawn.

Just so we're clear, you do have a micro-penis, right?

Why would a soccer mom even have penis?

Kek'd. Hummer owners will attempt to justify their shitty decisions.

Modern pickup trucks are the new Hummers. Just get one of those.

Suburban for 3k

The new Wranglers are hummer sized.

the anti hummer thing is just from the liberal media when they were guilty about bush's wars. hummers are a real man's car and nothing looks that cool

confirmed for micropenis. Nice try ladyboy.

Just get a chinese hummer

>literally a tahoe with a bodykit
This. It's a Tahoe with heavy duty drivetrain, difflock and better approach angles and the like. It's basically a ready built offroad tank you could buy off the showroom floor.

Just get the Toyota FJ Cruiser if you want a better version of the Hummer

>pidley little 8" diffs
OP wanted a tank, not a fashion accessory

get the H1

>bigger is better
'Murica

Trust me the H2 isn't a tank either, they are both the same kind of fashion accessory, the only difference is that the FJ actually works, gets better MPG, and it's even a better off-roader.
It's also cheaper (to buy or to own), it seems a pretty obvious choice to me

>Trust me the H2 isn't a tank either
>they are both the same kind of fashion accessory
>the only difference is that the FJ actually works
>and it's even a better off-roader.
Gonna need a citation on all those claims.
The only factually correct points you brought up was the better gas mileage and cheaper to buy, making it the favorite if you don't have any money. I'll bank on OP not being broke like you.

>toyota fangirl runs away
typical

pls go away Volvo faggot, stop shitting up this board.
>m-muh old swedish station wagon is unbreakable
>m-muh snow tank car
Okay it has good safety ratings for a car that age, but your fantasies are embarassing

The h2 is just a Tahoe thats heavier. Fj was built ground up to be what it is. I'd drive an fj over the h2 for this reason alone

Buy a tank if you want a tank.

Otherwise, by an FJ Cruiser. Or maybe an old Land Cruiser.

Imagine being such a worthless nigger that you rush to defend an autotragic piece of shitty engineering that has the worst build quality ever conceived.

Fuck off GM tard.

Kek this, I work in a shop and this gay couple brought in a hummer h2 for allignment.

Did you join them in a threeway?

The brake lights are still OK. Never been used.

>Fj was built ground up to be what it is.

FJ used existing Prado 120 frame/suspension/axles/4wd hardware.

The H2 underpinnings relatively speaking are a bigger deviation from the Tahoe than the FJ does from a 120 Prado.

Invest in a Lada Niva. For the price of an H2, you can get five Nivas. Quantity over quality, that's how the Soviet Union beat the Germans.

Beat me to it.
You're an idiot.
>mah ad hominem
The only point you brought across is you don't like automatics. Which is a superior choice in this circumstance. Stay mad Toyota fangirl.

I have personally seen 2 Hummers in my life, both blocking the path with their front wheels pointing inwards
> /----\
>
> |-----|
Whatever strength the H1 had, it didn't make it to the later models

In the US only 4% of cars are sold with a manual gearbox.

Can't even buy a lambo or Ferrari with manual anymore.

It's all DCT baby

tldr: go fuck yourself

I really wanted a H2 myself. But every single one I test drove had problems, mostly electrical Gremlins. 10 second 0-60 was almost unreasonable these days, and of course the infamous 9mpg because it has full time 4x4. Real fun though. I bet they're a blast to off-road and would cause tons off butthurt both on Veeky Forums and on the trail. I wanted a perfect one though and perfect ones are overpriced.

Either H1 Alpha or H3, Do not go for the H2.

H3 is even worse.

That's a 2008 or 2009 H2. Very rare and expensive.

and it still looks like fucking ass

how could a vehicle so big have so little interior space

As I said, they are both the same kind of vehicle, the main difference is the brand.
And an used Toyota >>>>>>> used GM

The H2 is literally sold for the looks alone, most dumb Americans see it, recognize it from the H1 and its military heritage and...GM gets the easy "it's a great off-roader"
But I t's just a huge SUV, it's not bad off-road but it's not good either
The Toyota is better off-road, its not the godmachine, but trust me is the only possible choice here

It's GM, what did you expect?

hummers are actually shit cars, just buy a suburban or a wrangler and pretend you're a big strong military man

Go to a government auction and pick up an H1 for cheap. Easily less than 10k

>"...The H2's final frame assembly is made up of 3 sections: The front uses a modified GM 2500-Series utility frame, the midsection is all new, and the rear section uses a modified GM 1500-Series frame which is upgraded for the 8,600 pounds (3,900 kg) gross vehicle weight."

Everyone is pretending the H2 is just a rebodied tahoe, which it's not. Much closer to a 3/4 ton truck. Huge difference from the 1500 to 2500hd in the GM fleet. The H2 can actually tow stuff and not struggle with it like a tahoe would. Wheelbase of the H2 is also slightly longer and has more second row leg room. A 2500HD suburban is much better comparison and closer to being a similar vehicle. Overall the H2 is a pretty solid car. The 6.0 is very reliable and most of the non cosmetic parts are cheap. The truck will run as long as you keep changing the oil. Lots of dumbasses in this thread who haven't owned or even driven these trucks. They also ride quite nice and are not as rough of a ride as you would think. Also the H2 holds its value very well, mostly for the reasons i've stated above.

>opinion source: I've owned 5 GM 2500HD trucks, 1 2500HD suburban, 3 1500 Tahoes, 5 1500 Suburbans, and 40~ 1500 Silverados in the 2000 to 2006 range. Driven + owned countless more cars on top this, but they are the most relevant to this topic

>The H2 is literally sold for the looks alone, most dumb Americans see it, recognize it from the H1 and its military heritage and...
That's exactly the marketing strategy behind the FJ you one eyed fangirl. It's a rather pedestrian looking Prado that's been dressed up as an old FJ40/FJ55 (hence, you know, the name) to appeal to the North American market.
The rest of your drivel is nothing but opinions.

t. nigger

eat a dick fucking coon

Get a suburban for 3k

>They are both the same kind of fashion accessory
Can you read?

>completely miss the context of that post
Good job you rabid one eyed fangirl.

Prepare for your car to be vandalized.

Did they died?

That's called a Dummer right?

lol on hummers are massive pieces of shit with axles made from glass and it has the offroad capability of a mobility scooter.

hummer offers absolutely nothing to an auto enthusiast.
If you drive an hummer or want an hummer you do not belong on Veeky Forums since you don't give a single fuck about cars.

soviet union beat germans because usa lend leased them every single thing they needed.
The soviets moved their industry with american trains, drove in american trucks, shot american ammo and marched to the front wearing american boots.

T.ex soviet block countryman
rus a shit and rus cars a shit

A real enthusiast appreciates all cars :^)

a real enthusiast doesn't own cars that are merely status symbols and nothing else

>axles made of glass
[citation needed]
The rest of your tripe is nothing but opinionated drivel.

agreed

>soviet union beat germans because usa lend leased them every single thing they needed.
5%

this.

But that's false.

>on the trail
It'll cause butthurt because others would have to pull your dumb ass free when you inevitably get stuck

I've driven an H2, it drives like total ass and gets god awful mileage for it's size

>H2 Hummer towing capacity: 8200 lbs
>Escalade towing capacity: 8300 lbs