>Guides & Information
/dat/ External PDF List: pad.riseup.net/p/datpdfs
/dat/ Recommended Cars: my.mixtape.moe/akuicw.jpg
RAA Used Car Checklist: raa.com.au/documents/motoring-buy-a-car-checklist

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LZDJUTYDiq8
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/wendouree/cars-vans-utes/2002-tj-magna/1142779756
news.com.au/national/victoria/two-dead-in-early-morning-crashes-near-bacchus-marsh-and-phillip-island/news-story/ec62dd248d60aae7774dd7cb930baebd
youtube.com/watch?v=Mizyb9kUVbs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>88

HEIL HITLER

Hitler was our boy. Time to drink and sing along to erika
youtube.com/watch?v=LZDJUTYDiq8

hi postie!

Falcunt are you in here?

Nah m8.

Expect a visit from Richard. The good officer has some rather interesting things to show you.

Cool, I hope he knows I'm in QLD

Soon

What things is he meant to show some user who isn't Sean?

tell us the gossip, cunt

G'day mates.

Looking to buy my 1st car and two options seem to stand out where I live.

2008 Holden Barina Auto with 80,000k's ($4,800)

2006? Hyundai Elantra with 125,000ks ($4,500)

1st one is private and the other is from a dealer, will probably recheck the Elantra tomorrow.

Also any general advice?

Barney bought a stainless steel straw as his mcdonalds felching straw kept caving in

>1st car
>$4,800
Dont do this. Get a nice shitbox that wont die out on you.

Where do you reside?

Ballarat region, I occasionally travel to Melbourne (break from uni).

Also can only drive auto unfortunately.

Anyone here part of the club Skylines Australia Victoria?

Is it worth joining? My car isn't old enough to to meet the requirements for a club registration, but I'm thinking of joining the club anyway. It's not like I have any other friends to drive with.

By club registration I mean the vicroads car registration, which is apparently cheaper than normal rego.

use a vpn mate, it's what I do

also, the cops are coming to your house once your ISP sells your info to them, just letting you know

Just some quick picks off gumtree that can't be too fucked

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/wendouree/cars-vans-utes/2002-tj-magna/1142779756
www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/mount-clear/cars-vans-utes/2004-vy-ii-holden-commodore-dual-fuel-/1140471967

No idea exactly how reliable magnas are or if dual is a bad idea, but at that price point I'd be more game with them than a shitty cuckbox.

Don't let the Magna overheat and it'll go forever. Let it overheat however and best case scenario is head gasket replacement. Same could be said for the Commodore though.

Damn these look great thanks user.

Follow up how many ks is too much? (I've heard over 200,000 is bad).

Depends how long a piece of string is.
There's no reason a modern medium/large petrol car won't go for 400k km barring catastrophic failure. Make sure everything's kept on top of (and has been previously) and I wouldn't hesitate.

Is there anything better than falling asleep with cock in hand at your computer?

>ISP sells your info to them
Thats USA.

Why are you holding you father's cock and falling asleep in front of the computer.

Just use openDNS/google DNS servers. It only means that your ISP has poisoned servers.

Are there any car meets or auctions on in Sydney this weekend
I'll probably go to gosford car museum or the dragstrip if there isn't

Uber indeed.

big auction next weekend 31st - 2nd

pirateunblocker.com
lmao

when an oil leak turns out to be gear oil coming out of the geabox breather from being a speedy speed boy

I bought this a week ago.
1994 Ducati 600ss

>is for sale
>guy hasn't ridden in a year
>takes it for a ride day before I call him
>stops while he's out

>go see it
>lowball due to broken Ducati and old mate not knowing anything
>accepts

>get it home
>new plugs, flush carbs with new fuel, oil change
>starts on the button and runs very well

>throw in some fuel system cleaner, flush and bleed brakes and clutch
>rides almost like a new bike

>rode it through water that was deeper than pegs, didn't even cough once

Best LAMS bike reporting in

new discord channel fucking when

>Best LAMS bike
>600ss
>unreliable, expensive parts, heavy, gutless
Though I guess saying "i have a ducati" and leaving at that isnt too embarrassing

all of the issues you have just said are wrong but anyway

>50hp
>180kg
>tailored for comfortable commuting

you cant argue unreliable and expensive either kek

JUST

how much did you pay?

Good stuff.
You'd do well not to listen to the ill informed laymen. The only intricate thing with these is setting valve clearances often, as a pre-requisite of desmodromic valve train (presumic it is desmo). Other than that, the 90s era aircooled Dukes are reasonably fuss free.

No you're right the LAMS bike that is close to the power to weight limit is slower than all the other LAMS bikes that are also close to the limit.

I also despise paying $25 for a genuine oil filter. Way too expensive for me.

3500 with a years rego

Yes it is desmo. Wet clutch tho.
Fuck it's fun to ride though.

Happy for ya man. Don't let any trees fall on it and you'd more than make your money back when the time comes to upsize to a 916... Or a 999 with a 1198 conversion

At this point I'm having so much fun I might buy and restore a 900ss to use on my fulls. They're actually so simple and quite nice to work on

They're an awful lot fun too if you're not preoccupied with gottagofast. They go fast enough to get the most out of its chassis.
Just ignore the Stanics Hejhoorg benchracers and they're a great ride.

Talking 900SS specifically

both of them are korean-made pieces of shit.
get a civic, golf or corolla

Look realistically the 600 once the mixtures are set and it has some timing in will be pretty fast enough for the road for me.
A 900 would be plenty I think

why not just use unpoisoned DNS servers? like openDNS.

>inb4 the cam belts broke and lunched the engine

Pickles? Link?

>best lams bike
What is a cbr250rr?

>tfw Falcunt declines your invite to shake hands

only a handful of cars though, most of the shit is from nazi germany

>nazi
nothing wrong with that

>Falcan't confirmed for creating drama and can't let bygones be bygones

IDK what you're on about, maybe you are one of the panseys who told him not to meet with a big bad trucker.

Done 2000km ago but I'll do them soon anyway just because
Belts are cheap as chips anyway

nope, I just want to make up with him. It's his fault for dragging the drama on

>Done 2000km ago
that is what they all say

So when did you ask him to shake hands? I just hit him up on steam before, told him I will be in coffs 2moro arvo. He just told me he can't.

>dragging the drama on
says the guy who did cum tributes for 2 years...............................................................

news.com.au/national/victoria/two-dead-in-early-morning-crashes-near-bacchus-marsh-and-phillip-island/news-story/ec62dd248d60aae7774dd7cb930baebd

I hope it was some of you shitposting fucks

word on the street is that his Falcunt's mum walked in on him with a used diaper in his mouth and promptly banned him from the household computer

really? must have been his mum who was playing siege earlier. Bitch has got some skills, I'd gladly suck a fart outta her ass then.

Where's the fucking /dat/ Discord channel?

whats wrong with this chatroom?

He most prob needs a safespace due to being a pansey faggot.

I agree with this for a change. Falcunts absence has made things pretty nice around here for the last day or so.

>implying

Barney wants to lick you where it stinks.

you watch, I'll pull

>2002 base model
Nope.

Go 2003 or up so you know you're getting the 3.5L, and go manual so there's no wave spring issue

Enjoy having something that stomps all over 5L falcons and early LS1 commodores while driving nice.

And he can smoke with it too.

Got a free ticket to the F1 tomorrow, who else is going?

I'd rather go fishing and the same noise from mosquitoes

Light up both fronts despite being an open diff
youtube.com/watch?v=Mizyb9kUVbs

Also piss easy to work on apart from the rear rocker/valve cover seals and/or plugs, but do them once every 100k and no problems

The power is good. But they love to burn oil.

Meh, i bought a $500 shitbox TJ as a runaround and it doesn't burn anything, only loses a little bit of oil with the valve/rocker cover seals onto the headers making it smell

Not an expensive fix just take a bit of time for the back one, gonna do it and the plugs at the same time probable next weekend

It's extremely good fun destroying other cars at the lights in something worth $500, though.

Only if they've had a life of neglect, and no worse than any other equivalent 6 cylinder.

My old one had full service history at 120k when I bought it and it started smoking around 150k.

MAGNA A SHIT. Just as shit as a fancy updated shitbox astron engine.

Looks like they used diesel.

No that's just the oil leaking out of the engine.

Oh yeah, magna. I forgot.

Your old one had a faked service history and you bought a thrashed shitbox that had 3 oil changes in it's life.

Mine has 300,000km on it and it doesn't burn any that isn't dripping on the headers from the seals, the one i had a few years ago (ralliart) had 160k on it and didn't lose anything even with 5w-30 full synthetic.

There are heaps of magnas blowing smoke. Theu are shit, its common.

It wasnt faked service history either. It was all dealer serviced. They are scumny but not dumb enough to fake service history.

Yes, and there are heaps of 3800s blowing smoke and heaps of single cam falcons blowing smoke.

There are also heaps of both that aren't thrashed with changes done properly that don't burn oil, just like magnas.

As someone who is on the road doing interstate, I can truthfully say that Magnas are the most common car to be blowing smoke. Along with Patrols after they have idled for a bit then take off.

Falcons are usually just ticking away singing the song of their people.

>tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick

And as a mechanic who works on tons of shit every day, i can truthfully say that magnas are just as reliable if not slightly more so than any other type of car with the same kms, outside of obvious shit like barra falcons (which run forever but pop brakes, center bushes and wheel bearings every 5 minutes) and corollas (which are boring and pop CVs when you do hektik skidz).

My favorite single cam falcon moment came when someone overheated one and warped the valve/rocker cover.
As in, they got a new head after it overheated and put the cover that was on the old one on, and it kept leaking oil. Was damn impressive.

They are reliable, burning oil doesnt stop them running. Keep the oil topped up and they are fine. Mainly it's the valve seals on them.

>as a mechanic
Opinion discarded.

a-are you retarded?

And our diesel fitter thinks Cummins EGR is a good engine too. You guys, I swear.

not as retarded as a mechanic who can't figure out the problem if its not throwing codes on the canbus.

Every village has it idiot, don't tar us all with the same brush.

i like cocks

yes barney, we know