Amazon is proof capitalism in America is out of hand...

Amazon is proof capitalism in America is out of hand. Jeff Bezos is a walking Satan that should be imprisoned and killed.

This fucking bald faggot has violated so many antitrust laws. He's running a fucking monopoly trying to take over the world and destroy as many businesses in his way.

"Walmart? Meijer? Kroger? Fuck you." Let's build automatic grocery stores and destroy as many supermarket employee's jobs as we can.

FedEx? UPS? Fuck you and your employees. We'll develop drones.

Webhosting? Fuck you guys, we'll develop our own servers and lower the cost from our other industries so you cannot compete.

He is a fucking SCUMBAG. He is running a Monopoly that is run off his stock market. He uses the profits from his stock to venture in a new industry and lower his costs so radically he makes no profits to destroy all other business.

When his stock crashes, Amazon goes with it. Fuck Jeff Bezos and his scam bullshit.

I don't really understand what you are complaining about. The only thing Amazon proves is that the system is working as intended. He is smarter than the rest of us and was able to find a way to grow his empire. No need to be salty because you're poor/unmotivated/unintelligent

>When his stock crashes, Amazon goes with it
and this would be bad? free market pal, someone would move in to fill the void.

Literally none of this is an argument

All you did was throw out imsults, ad homs, appeals to emotion, straw men, and flat out lies.

All the tech companies are monopolies. They are never going to be broken up because they are simply too big and breaking them up would be too complicated. The political climate is just not there because American workers just want to take it up the ass.

Of all the tech companies, Amazon is actually doing the most good. The more shit jobs that get automated the better.

Google, Facebook, Twitter et al just rest on their laurels and try wacky shit that has little chance of succeeding.

Amazon isn't a tech company you mongoloid.

maybe OP is a salty millennial that is mad he missed the internet gold rush of the late 90's and early 2000s?

Are you retarded? Amazon is the free market at work, you sound like the retarded coal miners who complain about their shit jobs disappearing because we made progresss in energy production and don't have to dig rocks out of the fucking ground for energy anymore. You troglodytes are everything wrong with humanity and need to remove yourselves from the gene pool

Read the fucking thread you retards.

Do you know what antitrust is? He's violated it. He should be in jail.

I'm salty because he hurts the economy you materialistic fucks. His net worth of 65 billion is acquired from destroying business. Not just destroying businesses in one industry-that's fine. That's business. But when you start venturing into other industries, and other industries - you become a dangerously powerful empire nobody can touch. It is fucking pitiful and a disgrace to capitalism.

Are you also mad at Google? They're doing the same shit.
Seems like you just don't like Bezos lol

>capitalism is out of hand
>this faggot has violated so many antitrust laws
>capitalism
>antitrust
Pick one and only one.

Google's prime source of income is simply ads. Google is doing well, pure legal business.

Amazon is just scum.

Antitrust comes with capitalism. When the government stops enforcing law then antitrust runs rampant in capitalist societies-as we're seeing

time to jump of the tallest building in your city senpai

>Google's prime source of income is simply ads
>simply ads
dohohoh! get a load of this guy!

Almost 90% of googles profits are from ads you fucking idiot. And "simply" because ads are an extremely efficient and invasive form of income

/thread

not a thing wrong with Amazon's actions, except for how they treat their employees. Its a shit place to work i've heard.

>He's violated it.
Prove it you fucking retard.

>nothing wrong with monopolies says Veeky Forums

This really is just a containment board

If you think amazon is a monopoly you may just be retarded

Not really here for ideology, mate. I'm actually a communist, straight outta /leftypol/. I'm here to meme about making money, because money helps keep me alive. No one gives a damn about your complaints of the capitalist machine controlling too much. These complaints have been raised many times by people far smarter and more influential than you, and your complaints will do nothing on this traditional Thai cryptocurrency shitposting site. That's why all I'm never selling what I own in the DIA and SPY ETFs, it's all going to my kids.

And wal mart has destroyed thousands of small businesses and has destroyed entire towns. Fuck them

Retard go away

He's a reptilian.

Why dont we just shoot these people?

Im honestly tired of seeing the worl be turned to shit time and time again because companies want more and more.

Theyve eaten our wealth, theyve eaten our societies spirit, its time for their dinner to end.

LOL meanwhile, probably used Amazon at one point or another and have had no direct effect from their being. Go be a SJW somewhere else you stupid faggots.

Nobody would use them if it wasn't better. Most people in the world can't even afford to use them(remember you need to be on the Internet?)

Want to get rid of Amazon? Kick out all the Mexicans so we all pay more for food, no discounts anywhere down the line. Bet that offends you, although it's the SAME. FUCKING. THING.

You stupid NEETs have an idea, but not a clue. Log off, get a real job, see how the real world works. These aren't the droids you're looking for.

You know why Trump won?

People like you.

You had it in the hole. Things were going good, but you wanted blood. You wanted more. It wasn't good enough, you got greedy. Everyone got sick of your greed, all of your shit. But nobody sees that at the time, do they? Your time is done. That's why he won. You can only blame yourself. You're a pack of thieves.

>You know why Trump won?
friendly reminder that most americans voted for Clinton.

trump won because the losers are allowed to win sometimes in our democracy. it's how boosh got the presidency the first time also. Losers. Get to win.

so don't be drawing any moral lessons, the minority won. Most people hate him and didn't want him in office.

Pretty sure you just described vertical integration, no problem with that, it is a pretty basic business tactic.

If you don't know why the electoral college exists, why would you bother to embarrass yourself? Only liberals don't understand state sovereignty, for some reason. Probably because they are a lot less educated than they pretend to be. Be as friendly as you want, this Country was federated on a mutual agreement of states, not an entire people, for this reason. How's that for a friendly reminder? God, I feel awkward for you.

lol fucking libtards

youre a lunatic and theres nothing to respond to your shitty posts. and no, never used it but nice projection

how exactly has violated antitrust?

he isnt colluding with others to keep prices high.
he isnt killing competition, in fact by branching out into so many industries it creates more.
and finally he doesnt have a monopoly

Cause libtards. I don't mean liberals, either. Those are very different, and getting fewer, unfortunately.

I'm not talking politics.

I'm telling you conservatives don't have a 'moral majority' or mandate from the masses.

Trump lost the popular vote, most americans don't agree with him or you.

that's a fact.

notice how suddenly you went from "you're the reason trump won" to "electoral college is the reason trump won."
you don't get both.

no one brought up the electoral college, bud

This isn't just vertical integration, this is a company that is set to destroy any and all competition in as many industries as it can. Illegal. Definition of antitrust.

we've let Walmart slide. Home depot.

we're boiling the frog. At least the laws are still on the books, there may come a day when we decide to enforce them again. Remember Ma Bell.

Are you a complete fucking idiot?

Trump has literally said that Bezos has "huge antitrust problems."

You're a complete fucking moron. Next time don't try and speak and act like you know about fucking anything when you don't have a clue. You just look like a fucking moron now trying to bring up politics when your example agrees with me. Retard.

Walmart is sticking in the supermarket niche though. So is Home Depot.

Amazon has hopped from book sales, to selling everything, to webhosting to delivery packages, to creating automated shopping. It is a monopoly.

No, YOU made that inference by even mentioning popular vote(vs why he actually won). If it wasn't for retards like you, Trump would not have even won the Electoral vote. Again, demonstrating your ignorance.

Yeah, bringing up the fact that he mentioned he won, despite the popular vote, has NOTHING to do with the Electoral College, doesn't infer making an argument against the Electoral College. The only difference is that I've called it by name, explicitly, and he hasn't, means that I brought it up? Holy shit, you can even vote?

>No, YOU made that inference by even mentioning popular vote(vs why he actually won).
then we agree that he won because electoral college rather than some moral mandate. You look like the fool you are and we're done here.
Walmart started as something other than a supermarket, it's a bit broad. Their online offerings are incredible as well, they're taking amazon on.

Home Depot has gone into prime contracting.

I'd say they're both pushing the bounds, but then perhaps I'm biased since both are edging into my territory.

Thats not what monopoly means

>mandate
>a real thing
A win is a win is a win

Yes it is, when they use money from their stock in Amazon and branch to other industries and artificially price the product so low that all competitors get fucked. It's disgusting and yes, it's illegal.

This isn't a hard concept. I get you guys think you're smart because you're siding with some billionaire, but it's very sad how cucked you are into not realizing his terrible schemes.

Not understanding why the electoral college even exists - calling me a fool. Go impress your friends, doesn't hold water. This "moral mandate" is only a recent thing, and only shallowly accepted, so I'm not sure where you're trying to go with that one. Moral mandate doesn't mean shit, actually. I'm in a liberal Connecticut state and I'm still taught about this in middle school. Your confusion/ignorance is actually astounding me. Our differences of frustration may just simply be we're more educated than you, despite how you'd like to fairy the laws into your own narrative. You can argue about the concept of the laws all you like, but I'm only speaking the truth.

>you're the reason trump won because moral failings X, Y, and Z that produced a mandate.
>but user, trump didn't have majority backing...
>mandates aren't real and I didn't mean it and you're uneducated and waaaah!
ok, buddy.

>It's illegal to have more money than other people

>still don't understand why electoral college exists despite being able to somehow write english on the internet
>waahhh

I never said Trump had a mandate.

The fact you don't even understand why you have a problem on your hands, by not understanding why majority rules across the whole country, is truly embarrassing in itself. I cannot explain that to you, but you are welcome to research it on your own. HOWEVER, you can further make yourself look like an idiot, or do a little homework to find out why I'm right, before you embarrass yourself further. I'd recommend that, actually. There's no shame in saying "I'm wrong." In fact, our Country could a little more of that these days.

>im 15 and i cant read my name is Johnny

Not "why majority rules", but "majority doesn't rule".

See? I made my own correction because of a typo. Your turn. It's okay. You'll live.

>I never said Trump had a mandate.
you implied it when you said user was the reason Trump won rather than giving the actual reason.

the majority of this country is what you'd call liberal, and the only reason they didn't win is because of a republican system designed to protect voters from electing a jackass.

and a fine job they've been doing.

There are a lot of big people who would want to kill Amazon, but they are competing the same markets. Even Walmart. Go to Walmart.com. Few of their material is actually stocked by them, they are third party stores "hosted" by them. eBay has been doing it for years. Amazon is just another medium.

Amazon's web services? Literally every technology company out there is doing it, and they're getting a piece of it.

If you think they're a monopoly, you are truly retarded about the market.

In any case, they're getting a piece of it. They might be getting a better piece of it than most because they are better at it. They're not even close to a monopoly.

>Few of their material is actually stocked by them, they are third party stores "hosted" by them.
truth.

the last two items I bought off Walmart.com were fulfilled by amazon and ebay.

The only thing I implied was that Clinton thought she was an automatic win because "everyone" loves her. Even from their(Democrat) own admission, she ignored a lot of the people who she should have been voting for most, the working class people. She could have had it in the bag, but she went with the populous, and totally fucked it up. She went to the cities and ignored the common folk who represent a better geographic of American.

The part you folks can't get through your thick skulls is that "most" Americans don't live in fucking LA or NYC, or any density of population. This is why the electoral vote matters, not that you isolated city fucktards would even understand. All's good in your hood, right? I don't even know where you live, but if you don't live there, you must be stupid enough to not even consider that anyway.

Actually, I worked with a client recently, helping them connect their fulfillment centers with their Paypal orders. They went with some client in China for European orders vs Amazon for North American. They're all over the place. I'm not saying that this shit isn't short-term bad for the economy, but I don't think specifically targeting Amazon is appropriate. It's all over the fucking place. I don't even use Amazon. I just respect their model

>I don't even know where you live, but if you don't live there, you must be stupid enough to not even consider that anyway.
I live in that rare beast, a liberal rural district.

we are of course gerrymandered in with that other rare beast, a conservative urban area so our votes don't count.

now whether that's good or bad doesn't matter to me, I don't think Trump won because user up there is an entitled cunt or because people are getting sick of the new feminism or whatever it was you were trying to imply.

I think he won because our system is rigged to elect losers on occasion, and no demographic or economic shift should be read into it when that happens. There are no lessons to be learned from gerrymandering or electoral college distributions that don't reflect actual voting populations. It's just some of the stupid fuckery we've always put up with and it means nothing when trying to divine what the voters want.

After all of this, I think if we go back, and I wasn't so forceful, we'd probably be alike. My first argument was that Trump won because people were just sick of dealing with whatever it was(so generic.) There was no effort to smooth it out. Just complaint after complaint.

I guess my bias came in with the OP who was arguing against generic vertical business integration, who democrats have historically attacked for no actual rational reason, other than to incite a hateful dialect against the people who enhance their lives on a daily basis. I think we can all admit that we've deviated from the original post a bit. But, I'll leave it at that.

Have a good day, sir.

You're right about republicans being friendlier to big business, but from the dems point of view that means the election is bought by monopolies.

true or not we have to worry about backlash from a majority that believes it to be true.

OWS was completely ineffective, but voting democrat long enough will have the same results. There's been a change in the public attitude, and I don't think it's going in favor of amazon or Walmart or anything else incorporated. Perhaps they'll grow out of it, previous generations have.

Usually right around the time they buy their first shares of amazon or Walmart or whatever.

tl;dr: it's hard to bitch about a company you own stock in. Need to get these kids vested then their politics will follow.

Amazon is one of the greatest companies ever. Bezos is just a small part of his child. Ouroboros.

I work as an engineer in Amazon. Ask me anything.

>make lives of hundreds of thousands, if not millions, better
>creates better products at an affordable price
>bad guy

Lmao so dumb

>America
>capitalist

top lel friend

>expansion is illegal

>kicking the walmart waltons out of business
>walmart is cancer on earth
>bad guy

No my dear child, he is ushering in the new world!

Jeff Bezos is a fucking DOer. Not a fucking dreamer with delusions of grandeur like Musk.

Bezos & Zuck >>>>>>> Page/Brin >>>>>>>> Musk

Cook is just an Ops guy, not an innovator... albeit a really, really good ops guy.

>Jeff Bezos is a fucking DOer. Not a fucking dreamer with delusions of grandeur like Musk.

Labor Unions:
> "Pay us our arbitrarily high labor costs, our bloated benefits packages, our unsustainable Pensions or ELSE we will STRIKE and hold your entire business and all your customers as HOSTAGE!!!"

Jeff Bezos:
> lol :middle finger:

Based Bezos is the God of the new economy.

Awesome thread. Really top notch.

Amazon has been nothing but amazing for shareholders. If this board actually was Veeky Forums that would be all you gave a shit about.

>Jeff Bezos is a fucking DOer. Not a fucking dreamer with delusions of grandeur like Musk.

Musk is like a wealthy kid with ADHD... can't keep his focus on any single project and just thinks he can buy his way to success.

He wasnt a loser though. He lost California by such a wide margin that he lost the popular vote. He won the rest of the country by over a million votes. But...

WE DONT HAVE A POPULAR VOTE SYSTEM.

You have no idea how it would have ended up if we did. You're saying he got blown out in game 1 and 2 of the World Series, then barely won the next 4 games. You wouldn't say the loser won. The winner won.

Competing in many industries isn't a monopoly, you tard.
Amazon has competition in retail, it has competition in delivery, and it has competition in web hosting.
Why don't you tell me exactly which laws they've violated and how?

Here in the Netherlands the biggest online retailer (bol.com) works quite well together with the retailers.
If you aren't at home, then they bring the package to the nearest supermarket where you can pick it up.

Super convenient.

Should I buy amazon?

>If you aren't at home, then they bring the package to the nearest supermarket where you can pick it up.
>Super convenient.

Amazon had pickup centers & drop boxes years ago.

Why pay a grocery store 1 or 2% of your margins when your margins are razor thin to begin with?

Trump doesn't know what he's talking about, he won't even read a fucking security briefing it shouldn't surprise you that he's misinformed

>Competing in many industries isn't a monopoly
not when you have the capital to overcome the competition.
when companies get bigger, small companies either disappear or merge into big ones. that's capitalism.

It's all about scale of course. Not letting your competition get a foot between the door. Amazon hasn't been able to penetrate this market yet because they have to go against a dominant player that offers free shipping, drop off points at supermarkets, delivery within 24 hours etc. Amazon still has to build everything up here.

>/leftypol/
Fucking off yourself

You seem very young and naive in your economic assumptions.

I bet you probably think Alibaba and Amazon arrived at their success levels in the exact same method.

my point is that big companies have advertising power and lots of marketing stunts that small companies have.
coca cola still spends money on advertising should alert you on how important that is

Your confusing capital expenditures with a Monopoly.

spending alot MAY lead you to a monopoly, or it may lead you to bankrupcy.

You seem to be equating more spending to economic success...

Many a failed companies and start ups would disagree with your Spending = winning assumption.

>I work as an warehouse engineer at Amazon. AMA

FTFY

>Hasn't heard the horror stories of those who work in a distribution center/warehouse run by Amazon

You fucking retard

you can buy you way to the top
hilary almost won the election with thousands of little minions staging riots in her favor. just proves that you can either buy power to overcome competition or just buy the competition

>"Walmart? Meijer? Kroger? Fuck you."
Walmart NEEDS a Fuck you, has for decades.
>Let's build automatic grocery stores
So niggers can steal from them. We covered this already. Amazon doesn't take over the grocery world on this.
>FedEx? UPS? Fuck you
FedEx told UPS this 30 years ago. LOL.
>He is a fucking SCUMBAG
Google: Fred Smith, Safeway, Sears, Apple

OP, u are a total fuckwit.Either that or u work 4 China

I've been to many car shows and I've seen how intrigued people are by those shitty ass Tesla's. They were mostly older people though or people with more money than sense.

If Amazon thinks they can outdo the supermarket market, he's fucking autistic.

>Thinking he's not a scumbag
If AliExpress, DHGate, and other online retailers in China had better logistics, Amazon would be done for.

btw you are talking about innovation, and innovation always draws investors.
we are talking about something blunt as grocery stores, its just 2 companies competing on the same terms, but one has alot more money than the other.
mcdonalds would bomb 5 guys HQ if it was legal to do so

>17 hours ago

>btw you are talking about innovation, and innovation always draws investors.
>we are talking about something blunt as grocery store

Whole Foods was both overpriced and smaller capitalized than the big players like Kroger, Safeway, etc.

Yet WF became a massive success while taking their market share.

Again, having larger assets and spending more does not equate to success, much less a Monopoly.

>Whole Foods was both overpriced and smaller capitalized than the big players like Kroger, Safeway, etc.

Whole foods, trader joes, sprouts, etc... are all disrupting the biggest players with more expensive products and less advertising power.

There are even smaller places that are locally-owned that have the same business model as WF, Trader Joe's, etc

You gonna complain about all the Chinese workers making your electronics/clothes/etc next? Working conditions at Amazon are still better than a lot of places in America

No, I'm not because the work ethic of a Chinese person far surpasses that of an American worker. The counterfeit market in China is gigantic and the wholesale market is even larger.

You wanna see how it is at an Amazon warehouse? Alright. Turn your heater up to about 85-90 degrees and grab a buddy to harass you for 8-12 hours.

well monopolies can be good some times bc they allow the company to create new innovations and improve quality of life. i mean yeah he does take away from small business but not everyone in the world uses amazon so relax. and besides, its time for small businesses to step up. someones gotta motivate them right.

oh btw amazon is made up of smaller businesses. that means small business can put all their shit online. nice try at arguing with a ceo.

im done

this guy gets it, she lost because she wasnt aggressive. she ignored all allegations just making her look bad.

because these are the only people who amount to anything. The keep things going forward in a world filled with dumb apes like you. "Oh, this person gives me stuff and services I want far cheaper in a way more convenient way thanks to innovation and skill. Better shoot him. Let's all keep living in the dirt like swine." Kill yourself. You are a waste of energy.

>made up of smaller businesses

Amazon takes a pretty sizable cut out of their profits. I should know, I deal in eCommerce a lot. It's how I make money.

Now is Amazon terrible? Not at all. Is Jeff Bezos a sociopath hellbent on taking over the global marketplace when it comes to eCommerce.

Journalist Shawn McCoy contrasted the philanthropic practices of Amazon and Bezos with the comparatively more generous Microsoft (also based near Seattle) and fellow billionaire Bill Gates. Some found Bezos more akin to Steve Jobs, who was skeptical of philanthropy and made few donations.