What is Veeky Forums's opinion on pic related? Thinking about getting a 2017 with a manual

What is Veeky Forums's opinion on pic related? Thinking about getting a 2017 with a manual.

Heard some stories about new models being lemons from the factory but that seems to have died down a lot. I'm looking at a 4-door TRD Off-Road model myself

The motors are poor quality.

I don't like the massive airgap between the radiator and the grill.

Otherwise it's a good truck, but I wouldn't discourage someone from looking at a Colorado instead.

The colorados that come with a manual look quite awful desu

>not waiting for the X class

>Mercedes
>pickup

Even with its commercial series trucks and vans it won't shake the retarded "luxury pickup" label most will give it

Its make in Tijuana Mexico by people that get pay 2$ an hour.

there will be a separate luxury version. the normal version will be "cheaper" but probably still very expensive (the Amarok is already expensive as fuck and that's a VW).

Unfortunately the Colorado isn't available with a manual and 4wd. Which is why I won't call someone who buys a Tacoma a fool (unless they get an auto), despite the fact that the 15s and 16s are currently the lowest scoring midsize truck in dependability.

Also they've got a better front suspension than the Canyon/Colorado twins, though sleeving your tierods upgrades the GM trucks to "good enough".

Oh wow a mall crawler for women

Do you have sauce on that claim for the 15 and 16 tho, especially considering the 16 model year was the refresh and completely different from the 15

What he said

>buying new

That's probably a lot of money down there

>Colorado
Don't those have some gay 5 cyl motor?

to OP, get it in orange.

Poorfag pls go

Ive got the 17, I4 with 6spd auto. Definitely get the standard. Other than the dumb gear selections, i have no complaints about me truck. Well.. few aftermarket parts so far and the ones that are out there are pricey.

>yeah, let's get a big ass truck to compensate for my small penis.
how the fuck can you enjoy driving these slow, ugly pieces of garbage?
better off driving a tesla than this shit.

Tacoma's are the exception to buying new because the Tacoma Tax + Toyota Tax makes it so that the price difference between a brand new current model year and a 50k mile post 2010 is only a few grand

>big ass truck
>asking about a mid size truck

Europoor detected

>paying cash for a used, rapidly depreciating asset

Low APR loan is best, especially when interest on investments pays for the interest on the loan

Indeed.

I think this might be a troll

I recommend you test drive them first. I was hyped as fuck when i first seen them. But when i got to drive a couple the seating is atrocious. I'm 5'11 with a slim to average build, and holy shit it felt like i was in a miata. Also the truck doesnt really handle or feel like a 2016. It drives like an older truck, its weird really.

I test drove last year's model in manual, I could not find a comfortable position where I leg didn't smack the underside of the dash whenever I pushed the clutch in. Otherwise it was nice.

the only thing going for the toyota is the engine. Both the 2trfe and the 1grfe are much more reliable than the competition.
The biggest downside of the tacoma is the shitty c-frame.

>mid size truck
kek, that's even more ugly and pathetic

small penis amerilard detected

The 3.5s are trash, ask Consumer Reports.