What do?

I'm fucked Anons... I started my own company about 6 months ago.... I've been pretty damn motivated up to this point... I've posted about it here and there... I'm a Veteran focused home improvement management co.... I love Vets.. I love being a Vet... I made $700 in the month of December because I tried a new Associate out and they decided to walk away from a remodel project with the down payment of cash. On top of that 2 other sizable projects got pushed back... So... Needless to say I missmanaged the little bit of money I had... I spent $300 on my 2 kids xmas presents and $200 on going to visit them.. Long story short I had to tell my roomate that I was going to be short.... He basically told me to GTFO... Now I'm sitting at a train station pondering life.....

I'm 18 months sober from drugs and alcohol.... I've got 2 beautiful kids ... I work out 2 hours a day... I spend the remaining time and all. Money I have made on marketing my business...

I just don't know wtf to do anymore... I'm alone on Long Island... No family... The family I have won't help... The tables turned when I sold my 2 restaurant's about 5 years ago... It went from me paying their car loans to being totally ignored... Funniest part is thay my dad is a pastor of a church... Fuck me....

And to top it all off theres some black crack head sitting accross the room casing me... I would be the wrong guy... But that kills my sleep....

What do?

giving your family things or money isn't the same as giving them love.

letting your employees or subs rip you off isn't helping them, and it hinders your ability to help others.

being a vet isn't an excuse for being a schmuck, or bending over backwards to help other schmucks.

stop romanticizing prior service, most of these fucks were the idiot shit-birds that fucked us over when we were serving. Yes, some may be heroes, but we both know most weren't.

don't give up, you're better than that. You've had grand success in the past, you'll be on top again. Just don't go soft on people for romantic reasons and then let them rip you off. That doesn't make you a hero either. You can't afford to be taking from your kids to give to strangers. Not at this point.

home improvement co. is a good idea, pay can be very nice. Manage the next one better. Vet your vets.

>wtf r u doing poating on an image board with a bunch of autistic 18 y/o's user?

Maybe a better idea than ending ir all now? Maybe not.

yeah sure, kill yourself and tell your kids that's ok.

imagine what they'll look like as dead teens.
there's nothing wrong with being on Veeky Forums.
thinking of killing yourself is the real problem here.

Is a high risk bizz... Thanks for the encouraging part of your post... I really don't need to hear the rest anymore as I am plenty hard on myself...but yes.. Vetting these piece of shit has to change. I have 6 great associates now - but it only takes one....

And the Vet thing is my identity... Being a Vets is a way of life and something im proud of. Esp being a Marine combar vet.. Anyway. Ty bro.

Do me a favor and fuck off man. Dont need some faggot kid to portray a tough-loving parental role rn..

I may very well be old enough to be your daddy.
I'm certainly not younger than you unless you fought in Vietnam.

stop being a pussy and a pushover. Or are you pretending you've made it past 40 by killing yourself every time you're down?

Dont need an oldfag doing it either. Already been brought back from suicide man... I was not being literal...

Knew this idea was cucked.
Sage

ok fair enough.
too many of us go through with that thought and if you offend me it's only because I know where that's coming from.

I'm sure you've considered a gov job. They're not easy to get but you do get hiring preference and they're often lucrative. Gov contracting is another possible angle since the Government does hire construction work, and you get the same hiring preferences doing that. Just a thought. That's where my businesses have tended to do well. Veteran owned contractors are favored vendors.

>Ty bro.
semper fi, Marine. I hope your luck turns around fast.

I have..desu tho, im the blunt definition of entrepreneur... Even to a fault. As i won't work for anyone unless the money is unbelievably lucrative. I have some very well defined gifts in sales. Both direct and digital... And would consider maybe A freight brockerage sales position only because you're talking about major pay offs... I work 15+ houra a day... I present myself lile no other and am insane with my clients... I have ppl from all over the island calling to work with me which is a great testament about my operation... Its jusy that i got hit so damn hard this month that it basically puahed me backwards... And not having a home really puts me in a confused state... Scared as shit too...

There's not a doubt in my mind that my success is certain... And i think that the longer i hold true to my integrity and sobriety i will rock this shit soon enough.

Appreciate it
It will

>i think that the longer i hold true to my integrity and sobriety i will rock this shit soon enough
I agree. You have more energy and tenacity than the average person any day of the week and you've proven that both in your service and in your business ventures.

we all fall down sometimes, we also get back up. You have the advantage, you already know how to make money. In your case being homeless probably isn't much of an obstacle since you work most of the day anyways. Just need a phone number and a bank account and you're good to go. Sounds like you just need to get jobs small enough to do out of pocket until you can get cash flowing again. Get paid up front maybe?

I would also consider asking a bank for a small SBA loan to get back up and running.

you're a veteran-owned business that employs veterans- pretty much the definition of the guy the SBA is trying to help.

Yes I'm definitely trying to figure out how to get paid upfront... another obstacle but I'm dealing with right now is that I owe child support from my 4 years of partying and degeneracy... so I've actually lost about $25,000 the first 6 months in business because I'm only a DBA and not Incorporated... also not knowing anything about the business didn't help... there are some real evil mother f****** out there.. and being an honorable person is very important to me.. I did find out being honorable doesn't mean you need to be trustworthy.

The homeless part hurts because I ran my business from home.. butt I do have a gym membership and a whole helluva lot of motivation. One stinking decent project and I'll be back in the green..

Bouldervets.net

Yeah but my credit so f*****ed... there's gotta be some sort of Grant tho. I should look into it tomorrow I'm going to the VA..

Yeah ima do that tomorrow. Well Wed. Theres gotta be something.

I got married and ran my business in my wife's name to cut back on the child support obligation. A Marine doesn't lie, but that's not lying. Perfectly legal. Incorporating would work too.

>I should look into it tomorrow I'm going to the VA..
Do that. They can tell you what's available. You probably don't need much.

Yes i hear u.. It is.. And actually my brother has hos own law firm in time square.. He says he will write it up for free. I just know that corporations dont rly help with protection from state or fed collections.. So i figure whata the point.

yeah, state laws vary and nothing is going to help you with what you already owe.

In my state (Colorado) incorporating helps because then they don't look at the business gross. So you can reinvest extra money into your biz without it being considered for child support up to a certain point.

the ex can go after the value of the business though, so it's not complete protection.

what I did works great in my state. My wife's income doesn't count for child support so all the money "my" business makes is in her name.

Genius. My ex and I have a great relationship and unfortunatly I have promised myself a sturdy Financial Foundation before I commit or even think about a woman.. I'm doing this all for my kids now... They deserve it greatly.

Anyway... I do appreciate the advice and convo, man... Gonna try to catch 1 or 2 hours of zzz's. Thank you.

good talking with you. good night.