How do you get car with bad credit? Have around $1,500 saved and tired of buying lemons. First car was $1...

How do you get car with bad credit? Have around $1,500 saved and tired of buying lemons. First car was $1,700 2000 Malibu and it lasted about 7 months before the transmission stopped shifting gears after 3rd gear. 2nd car was a $500 96 Corolla that lasted maybe 2 months before the head gasket blew.

Just want a dependable ~$5K car that I could finance and pay off within a year. Need a car now.

Other urls found in this thread:

harrisonburg.craigslist.org/
charlottesville.craigslist.org/
harrisonburg.craigslist.org/cto/6049074327.html
charlottesville.craigslist.org/cto/6043051385.html
harrisonburg.craigslist.org/cto/6039269031.html
charlottesville.craigslist.org/cto/6028261524.html
harrisonburg.craigslist.org/cto/6052549961.html
harrisonburg.craigslist.org/cto/6043525536.html
charlottesville.craigslist.org/cto/6059965771.html
harrisonburg.craigslist.org/cto/6024081692.html
youtube.com/watch?v=YiCpC7BDKYE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Deal with high interest.

or

Buy one off Craigslist from a private seller.

Buy a police car at auction

I don't care about interest because I can pay it off quickly. I just don't have any other means of transportation if I wait 10 months to save $5K.

I've contacted people on Craigslist but nobody would work with me doing payments.

My credit score is like 505 and I've only been with my current employer for 3 weeks. I'm basically fucked.

Do you not have buyhere-payhere dealers where you are? Here in MA pretty much every used car dealer does guaranteed financing. Sure the rates are higher, but at least it's an option. I know of this one place that'll finance up to 10k with zero down and all you have to provide is last week's pay stub to prove you're employed. Though I do not recommend it

I mean, you could go to some shady dealer and get something questionable. I'd recommend something everyone hates like a Pontiac Aztek.

Where do you live user? I'm sure autist with far too much time on their hands can find you a decent shitbox on CL for under 1700 shekels

Though I don't advocate the use of facebook, the new marketplace tab is an absolute treasure trove of deals from datsuns to dildos

Crowdfund some extra dosh from Veeky Forums

I second this. There has to be a Panther or something around OP.

Post you local Craigslist

>I'm sure autist with far too much time on their hands can find you a decent shitbox on CL for under 1700 shekels

Im that autist.

>Just want a dependable ~$5K car that I could finance and pay off within a year
have someone cosign for you dummy

Crown Vic is your only choice. I bought one as my first car for $2,000 with about 100k miles flat. The whole "ooh scary engine idling hours" is a meme.

harrisonburg.craigslist.org/
charlottesville.craigslist.org/

My parents probably have worse credit than I do. My credit score is so low for the sole reason of my Dad using my SSN for shit like Comcast and utility bills then never paying them. Even have an apartment lease in my name that I never even lived in on my credit report.

Go back in time and:

1. Kill your parents and burn down the apartment so it can't be leased out

2. Get a shitty credit card, put everything on it and pay it off in full. Make sure you get one that doesn't have any kind of gay extra payment or percentage even if you pay in full.

Did the latter since I was 16 and without even trying by the time I was 20 and able/needing to get a real car and house, I had a 750 credit score.

You're about to make the same mistake a third time. Don't buy daily drivers at $1500 because they will cost a lot to maintain and then die quickly.

Find someone to cosign a loan for a dependable car with low miles. $5K could be a good area. I hope that new job pays well so you can start paying off debt. Dispute that apartment lease and make your dad get his shit together and stop bringing you down. Improve your credit score so you aren't scrambling like this again.

This OP. You need to get all that shit off of your SSN. Once you've done that look into credit repair.

It doesn't matter how "quickly" you pay it off. Once you agree to a loan you are GOING to pay off the interest on it, whether it takes you two days or the full term. If your credit sucks I strongly advise against getting a car loan, especially if the car is used. Find other ways to fix your score

>10 months
>Fast
>Employed for 3 weeks
>505 credit score
I wouldn't lend you my toaster you fucking unstable prick.
Want to know the secret?
You buy a cheap heap off CL
And here's the hard part
You fix what breaks.
I know I know, that seems crazy. But that's the reality of being poor.
You have to fix your own shit. If you want to own a car, but aren't wealthy, you're going to need to learn to work on it.
There is no reason to dump your shitbox honda just because the head gasket went, replace it you goon. If you toasted the engine, just replace the entire engine.

At some point the repairs will cost more than the car itself senpai desu

still cheaper than paying mr shekleburg 30% interest on a $5k car

just buy another 1k shitbox and drive till the wheels come off, fuck fixing it goddamn.

or be smart and part your shitbox out and get more shekels.

ive got a shitbox plymouth in my garage that would run just fine if i put in a fuel pump, but the body and interior are beat to shit so im selling it piece by piece for more than the 800$ i could probably get if it was running again

Here's some advice on your credit problems.

Pay off any open collections you have. Make sure you pay off the actual debtor and not a collection agency. Get written proof that they agreed to remove their collection from your credit report.

Payment history makes a huge chunk of your credit score. I'm pretty sure it's shitty. This may seem odd, but you want to get as many secured credit cards as you can. Don't just get 1 $1,000 limit card. Get 4 $250 limit cards if you can. And pay them off on time. You will have +4 to your payment history each month instead of +1. When I was 19 I had a shitty credit score. I didn't have any collections or debt, but my payment history was shit.

You want your payment history to be damn near 100%. Anything less than 98-99% affects your credit score in a bad way, and it makes up 35% of your credit score.

Mine was 25 out of 37 payments made on time. That's like 67% which is terrible. If I would have gotten just 1 secured credit card, it would have taken me years to get up to 99% again. But instead I got 4 $300 limit cards. Used one for my monthly bills. One for my gas and car insurance. One for food and groceries. And the other for for subscriptions like Amazon Prime and Netflix. I knew how much each balance would be by the end of the month, so each paycheck I paid a little more than half that towards the balance. This improved my payment history drastically, as well as keeping a good utilization ratio on 4 different lines of credit, which helped tremendously.

I went from 530s when I was 19 to 760s now at 22.

>credit score 505

You fucked yourself man

While doing whatever you do, study the fuck out of auto mechanics online. It will save you shitloads of money over a lifetime knowing what to look for and later, fixing it yourself.

Shop rates are often a hundred bucks an hour nowadays. DIY buys almost any tool you might want while saving money. You won't get good overnight but becoming your own mechanic makes you more capable throughout your life in many ways.

harrisonburg.craigslist.org/cto/6049074327.html

charlottesville.craigslist.org/cto/6043051385.html

harrisonburg.craigslist.org/cto/6039269031.html

charlottesville.craigslist.org/cto/6028261524.html

It doesn't matter, because you know the repair history of the car.
Just because your car might cost $1,000 to get a new engine and transmission for, doesn't mean you're better off going out and buying a whole car on its last legs for that same $1,000.
Seriously don't be fucking stupid.
If you spend the time and money to repair your shit box, it'll end up being the cheapest and most reliable thing you can get.
You're simply not in a position right now to get a better car. Keep fixing the one. There is no saturation point when you're at the bottom of the market.

You should buy this bad boy

Fuck forgot link
harrisonburg.craigslist.org/cto/6052549961.html

Ignore this idiot op

This looks like a solid bet
harrisonburg.craigslist.org/cto/6043525536.html

Here's two safe bets.
charlottesville.craigslist.org/cto/6059965771.html
Muh civic meme, looks pretty clean though
harrisonburg.craigslist.org/cto/6024081692.html
This is grandpa owned, "low" miles panther goodness.
All other crown vics were very suspect, including one with "dingz cuz of a accident"

Make payments to yourself. No interest, no late fees. It's also called saving money.

Do what I did and buy a CVPI.

That feel when I'm 27 and do not have any credit history and therefore have no credit score.

I just wrote a check for $2,200 and drove off with the car.

Get a balance transfer credit card that has a low or interest free period. I've got one that gives me 0.99% interest for 15 months so I can dump $3k in my bank to buy a Civic then have 15 months to pay it back.

>I'd recommend something everyone hates
that's my Veeky Forums

not op
That sounds like a good idea.
Anyone see anything wrong with it?
Sounds too simple, any financially minded folks have an opinion on this?

inb4 10k upside down on a diesel Fiat with 28.9% APR

BAD CREDIT?
NO CREDIT?
NO PROBLEM!
BUY HERE, PAY HERE!
EVERYONE IS APPROVED!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=YiCpC7BDKYE

Save up some dosh OP and get a

K

C I V I C

It's cute that you think that puts you at an advantage.

Op it all comes with the used car game bro. All you can do is inspect your best, baby it, dont ignore the signs and hope for the best.

2 years and 50k miles ago on my 2000$ corolla thats still chuggin just fine was enuf for me to get my score from 450-600 and allowed me to get a car i wanted a long time and i stillgot my rolla. Credit unions and mom and pop if u absolutely must finance. Do not i repeat do not get more car than you can afford. Not all cheapos are lemons. Some gems are out there man.

>avoid used bmw/vw/audi/merc/ i can almost guarantee you that it wont last the term of your contract those cars should only be bought private from an owner who gave a gorillion shits

TFW I'm 25 and have an old BMW e 38 that has never let me down. A Porsche Cayman s, a Ducati and I'm waiting for the Tesla 3, even tho I use public transportation to go to work.

I paid everything without loans because I'm not stupid (and don't live in a shitty redneck state).

Gg op