The 3 series will be made in Mexico beginning in 2019 with a second model to be built there soon after

The 3 series will be made in Mexico beginning in 2019 with a second model to be built there soon after.

It's very likely the majority of rear wheel drive non SUV BMW vehicles sold in North America will be Mexican made by the mid 2020s

How does this make you feel Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zA88iWj2lLk
magnetimarelli.com/press_room/news/magneti-marelli-and-harman-selected-provide-next-generation-infotainment-systems
magnetimarelli.com/business_areas/automotive-lighting
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No one here can even afford a modern BMW so it makes no difference.

implying the current ones built in the us and germany are any better...

Just like with 3-series SA you can ask your dealer to get an allocation for a German built one. People who can't actually afford BMWs will make this type of shitty bait thread.

3 series built in Germany have worse build quality and documented failures than 3 series built in South Africa and Brazil.

This is because in Germany the people who work in factories are typically lower class people who simply don't care and took factory jobs because it was all that was offered. In developing countries however, working in a factory for a prestigious brand like BMW is considered a big deal and the people who work their in these countries are typically college educated and dedicated.

This is the same reason why Fords built in Mexico have higher reliability rankings than those made in the US.

t. Mexicunt

I'll admit Honda is the exception to this rule, but I think that is because it's simply not possible for anyone to replicate Japanese work ethics. Japs are the best at what they do.

While that might be true, the difference from what I've seen is negligible. The lead time from SA is also much longer than from Germany.

>BMW SUVs will be Mexican
and nothing of value was lost

>the majority of rear wheel drive non SUV BMW vehicles
>non SUV

lern 2 reed

My bad. Nothing of value was lost anyways.

Hah! That was the big surprise they had for us! Remember when VW did that with the Mk3?

This
youtube.com/watch?v=zA88iWj2lLk

It makes me laugh because we get ours from the munich plant

>one-off FWD biased awd prototype
Do you realize that the actual S60 Polestar has like 350 horsepower? Lmao

as a european makes me feel bretty gud, ya'll getting usdm jap & euro cars hahahaha

3 Series kinda get a bad reputation because they are known as entry level BMWs but they really aren't bad cars. If you have driven enough Japanese econoboxes, you can tell immediately when hopping in a 320i or 328i that it's a caliber above the generic Jap cars. The only real complaint is that they have 4 cylinder variants of these which can arguably feel slow or emaciated but that is why you get the 6 cylinder option and bam, you have a pretty damn good well rounded car. That is up until you reach 100,000 miles and the CPO warranty expires and the car goes from $20k to $6k in value

With that said, I feel like BMW is really cucking themselves with this whole 3 series thing. They made a deliberate move these last few years to buy back or accept trade ins on these 3 series from 2011+ and re-sell them as CPOs for $25k~ with insane financing offers (0.99%) so they are really managing to suck in all the children that want a beamer but don't want to drop $50k+. Kinda hurts the value of the brand, IMO. The 3 series honestly look the same as the 5 and the 7 series for the most part so it all looks like shit to me at the end of the day and I just would rather have an AMG because at least Mercedes hasnt sold out yet.

VWs and Fords made in Mexico are shit compared to the ones made in Europe

boo fucking hoo, a whooping 35hp difference

So the quality will stay the same?
Why is this news?

>lower class people

They're refugees and Turks, so you're right. Underpaid low cost employees for your premium german luxury meme mobile.

The Germans are the ones who always talked shit about the Italians being inferior (once nazi always nazi) and now...divine justice.

>mr maturity is not a stupid beamer child
>he cares about 'brand value' and 'selling out'
Kek. Get some self-awareness, badgewhore.

Doesn't the 3 Series already Built in Brazil?

They even got a Bi-Fuel version.

Always check the VIN before buying a car.

1 - US
2 - Canada
3 - Mexico
W - Germany

The non German BMW are equipped with Diesel engines?

In Europe we had the n47 engines scandal

>Underpaid low cost employees for your premium german luxury meme mobile
Car makers pay the best blue collar wages in germany

I can maybe contribooty a little.

I have visited the BMW production plant in Dingolfingen, Germany. Series 5,6 and 7 are produced there. With series 8 coming up.

I can tell you that the lowest montly pay is somewhere above 3000€.

They also have their own bus connections, with the longest being about 130 kilometers, so yeah, you don't need to worry about transport.

They have fucking BEER VENDING MACHINES in the facility, not to mention their cantine (which is awesome).

For anything heavier than 8kg they use special lifters.

And no, haven't noticed any special amount of people "of color" (the city of München is riddled with turks and kurds though, who get in all sorts of fights).

So yeah, I really really don't know how they can be unsatisfied with all this luxury being handed to them.

It's nothing new, BMWs have been made in Mexico for awhile

>tfw my least reliable BMW was made in Germany

Though to be fair it was high miles.

That I''m justified in saying the only Good BMW's were made before 2005.

VW makes its Jetta's in Mexico and we see how well they last here in the states.

>driving a 3 series

>the city of München is riddled with turks and kurds though, who get in all sorts of fights
>a village boy met someone with darker skin for once in their life
Kekking.

To be a simple mechanic in germany you have to train 3.5 years. To be a technician in that field you have to train additional 2 years full time in school.
We probatly have some of the highest standarts of vocational training in the world.

The car makers pay very good money and the jobs in the factories of them are very sought-after.

So dont talk shit about stuff you dont know.

Go home mohammed

What is underpaid for you is a fucking gold mine to them. Also a reason why they pull in so many refugees (most of them are garbage anyways, in the last emigration wave, 3 out of 170 refugees would fit their standards).

Turks are good though, if they aren't into supporting their leader erdogan. They are hardworking and don't require a lot.

Germany would never be there where it is if it wasn't for the turks anyway

>E92/F22
>Not good
Stop drinking the kool aid and do your own research

>>a village boy met someone with darker skin for once in their life
>once
>just
>this
>one
>fucking
>time

>and they still behave like some savage african tribe
>defending boogeymen this hard on a indian metalworking forum
>mfw

>alle Ausländer sind Türken
Lieber Zuagroaste als debile Dorftrottel.

Prove it. post some proof of this and not just " my friend's friend says..."

>they still behave like some savage african tribe
They don't. Fuck off to please.

Apparently it's voting time. There was a demo in the city with the kurds protesting against the turks (or something turkish releated, i dunno).

Police were doing their best at trying to seperate these groups.

>germans still support them

Dude I own an E39 540i, and the amount of specialty tools that's required to work on it, pales in comparison to E92 and F22. Having experienced how reliable german engineering is first hand I will not fork over that much money on one time use tools or be forced to take it to the jews at the BMW dealerships.

The only BMW's I could see myself buying that was made after 05 are the E86 z4, or the E82

>if they aren't supporting Erodgan
Which they do all the time now
Their Döners are on point tho, scharf bitte

If it's anything like the aerospace world, the factory will still have to comply with BMW quality standards, which will be derived from ISO standards... I don't see a reason for undue worry.

Besides, no vehicle manufacturer will ever achieve a six-sigma condition anyway.

>I'm in aerospace QM

People assembling cars are usually not trained mechanics.

>muh six sigma
lmao ZD masterrace
Japan>US

>the japanese actually had to purposely manufacture 3 defective units in addition to the 10000 well made ones to comply with IBM standards
>mfw

People working in factories install one specific part on that car for the entire day.

They do not hand build the cars from ground up, they don't even have to understand what specifically that part does.

Most importantly they are not trained mechanics.

>Besides, no vehicle manufacturer will ever achieve a six-sigma condition anyway.

>six sigma

You do understand that Toyota practically invented modern QMS with lean & TPS...

toyota quality is about as good as it gets and the six sigma model doesnt really fit flush with the nature of automative mfg

WALL UP BIH

I sure do place so much faith in Mexican build quality and engineering

ISO inspections are known ahead of time, and I've never known them to do surprise inspections, for the company I work for.

I would be willing to bet that is much the same for BMW corporate inspections.

>If you have driven enough Japanese econoboxes, you can tell immediately when hopping in a 320i or 328i that it's a caliber above the generic Jap cars.

it's like you're forgetting that the japanese econoboxes start at $18k whereas the 3 series starts around 30+, completely bone stock.
not apples to apples...

i think if you put a lexus is and a bmw 3 series the quality factor becomes EXTREMELY apparent. most people who like BMW like what it represents. at every pricepoint, lexus comes with more options stock, higher refinement, and more proven reliability.

>That is up until you reach 100,000 miles and the CPO warranty expires and the car goes from $20k to $6k in value

BMW tanks after 60K, even with a CPO warranty

/thread

A competing Lexus interior is still worse than a competing BMW interior.

six sigma is for gaussian distributions of probability.

The errors that really matter are subject to power laws and fat tails.

Six sigma is pretty much useless in the real world anyway.

six sigma isn't high quality enough for the japanese

>this is what weeb actually believe.

We're fucked

look it up
I'm no weeb but to ignore that they are miles ahead when it comes to QM is pure ignorance.
They were counting defects per thousand units while the west counted them per hundred, even though the Japanese had outdated machinery

>BMW iDrive
>other german car manufacturers
>every other car brand
>Lexus's infotainment system

>Magneti Marelli iDrive
FTFY

magneti marelli hardware
BMW produced software
Alfa Romeo would have really good infotainment if all Magneti Marelli infotainment systems were so good but it's shit.

lel
>The new system will leverage Magneti Marelli deep and specific automotive know-how in integrating complex systems and technologies for the vehicle “environment”. It will also take advantage of Magneti Marelli’s expertise concerning “open software” platforms for Infotainment & Telematics applications, field in which the company has been a fore runner in its approach to the technology and to the market.
magnetimarelli.com/press_room/news/magneti-marelli-and-harman-selected-provide-next-generation-infotainment-systems

>BMW produced software

But it's wrong you unclassy motherfucker

user I love you

I think the feeling is mutual. Italibro is that you? Urubro here

Yiss

>North America
don't give a fuck

FCA Marketing Team

Indifferent. BMW has been dead to me since they discontinued the E30.

based
>when you're so good your customers become your best marketing team
I hear it was a bit like that for Mercedes back in the day before they partnered with Chrysler and fucked each other up

>shilling bmw for free
>ever

Why do Alfistas have a need to shill for everything FCA? I don't think even mjet does that

>Alfistas

The plural is Alfisti.

mjet is an Alfista too, or at least he was enthusiastic about the Giulia

Debunking BMW's lies isn't "shilling", it's just justice. Besides, BMW has become embarrassingly pathetic.
Same, the E36 was the start of their demise. Then the discontinuation of the E34 was the final nail in the coffin.

>Debunking BMW's lies
>expressing your admiration for one brand through irrational hatred towards another
Stop being a retarded benchracer, get a job and drive whatever you like.

>pointing out that they pretend they invented Magneti Marelli systems is "irrational hatred"
lol

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. They accused Alfa of stealing their design when it couldn't be any more false. They wish their ugly 3 series looked as sexy as Giulia, they wish their slow ass 3 series lapped the Nürburgring in 7:32. They wish laser headlights were actually their development instead of Magneti Marelli's.

>he keeps expressing his love for Alfa through some autistic comments on BMW
Why is this board full of retarded teenagers?

>he doesn't defend his loved ones when someone else slanders them

How are you so retarded that you miss the entire point? It's not defending loved ones you do, it's attacking the unloved ones. Not to mention in a completely inane childish way. Fucking kys yourself - these levels of stupidity shouldn't be allowed to dilute the human gene pool.

>bmw claims alfa stole their design
>bmw tries to pass the laser headlight tech as their own when it's fiat's
>i debunk this
>somehow I'm "irrationally hating bmw"

>loved ones
>a brand name
top yourself m8

>he thinks alfa is just a brand name
I guess you've never cried with joy watching your team win

BMW has been making cars and bikes in Mexico since 1994, including the 3, 5 and 7.

>bmw claims alfa stole their design
Was there a a press release? Link.
>i debunk this
How? By saying 'no lel they jelly'? Fuck off.
>bmw tries to pass the laser headlight tech as their own when it's fiat's
Fiat doesn't use laser headlights. The tech is produced exclusively for Audi and BMW by an engineering studio near Stuttgart, Germany.
>somehow I'm "irrationally hating bmw"
Yes, you're being a retarded teenage cretin.

>literally worshiping a brand name
unless you're 14 you should definitely top yourself
if you are you should fuck off this 18+ site

>How? By saying 'no lel they jelly'? Fuck off.
What I debunked was the headlight claim. Good job being an autistic edgelord though. That said, it's easily debunked by pointing to the 156.
>Fiat doesn't use laser headlights. The tech is produced exclusively for Audi and BMW by an engineering studio near Stuttgart, Germany.
Wrong. It's by Magneti Marelli, a Fiat company like Alfa Romeo.
>Yes, you're being a retarded teenage cretin.
>bmw shills projecting this hard
lmao stay btfo

Magneti Marelli Headlights is located in Reutlingen, Germany
magnetimarelli.com/business_areas/automotive-lighting
Laser headlights is a technology exclusively developed for and used in Audi and BMW and has nothing to do with either Fiat or Alfa.
>shills
>btfo
Okay, good night.

>literally worshiping a brand name
nice projection, badge whore
when I look at the white triangle behind the four leaf clover on my Giulietta, I think of Ugo Sivocci and how he lost his life in his P1. To me, wearing that badge is a tribute to the man that gave Alfa Romeo its first international victory, in Targa Florio.
>headed by Marco Nassi
really made me think

Nice XE knockoff

You're not old enough to have been alive when the E30 was built much less remember when they quit making it.

>t. millenial bmw fangirl
>the notion of alfa ripping off bmw has been dispelled so bmw fangirls cling to accusing alfa of ripping jaguar
can't make this shit up rotflmao
stay btfo

Y is Sweden. Y means yes

SWEDEN YES

>bmw fangirls ragequit
As expected

I wasn't gonna buy one of their steaming piles of shit anyway, so nothing changed for me.

posting the reason why alfistas are so butthurt.

>projecting this hard

But... that doesn't even make any sense. Are you 13 years old?

>bmw fangirls projecting their butthurt on alfistas doesn't make any sense

Alphonse you stupid nigger.