Did your parents back then buy you something like this or not?

Trying to analyze things here and I think I see a pattern

no

i had a wagon

I wish! That looks like fun...

This exact one and was always JELLY AS FUCK at all others with those chain driven carts like in the OP.

So jelly that at some later point I used it to fucking hoon downhill with that shit at NECKBREAKING speeds.

They're way slower than a bicycle, literally about as fast as walking.

That handbrake made it possible to lock the rear axle and those plastic wheels didn't have a lot of traction.
I used a friends one to turn the steering wheel rapidly and rear slide into imaginary parking spots. Literally ruined his back wheels that way.
He was mad at me but it was worth it.

No they did not. They did, however, buy me a manual RSX when I was 15 and let me take it to the drag strip every friday night and let me mod it with money from the job I got the week I turned 16. I even casually mentioned that I was part of a street racing team when I was 18 and they didn't seem concerned at all.

Consider that my parents were both USAF jet pilots and my mom was a turbo / manual car fiend into her late-50s (1st-gen celica, 280zx turbo, saab 900 turbo, 90's volvo turbo, TT quattro 225, B6 S4 - all manual). My dad used to fly Air Force 2.

>Shitty pic from 05 or 06 related, her S4 and my RSX.

Once I upgraded to an STi the V8 6-speed S4 seemed slow in comparison, but when I was 16 driving that S4 was the shit.

I had a wagon that I rode down hills in. I did have a gas powered go kart later on.

Childhood rides:
80s tricycle
1992 BMX, my first bike
1995 Huffy, in neon yellow color
1998 CCM, still have it but its been sittin
2004-ish Supercycle, woman's bike got free from my aunt, use on occasion. Damn nice having those frame bars low.

My parents were poorfags (and hey, so am I, but that's not the point) but my dad did pottytrain me with hotwheels cars.

I had this

What a fag

I had a gokart for 3 days
It got stolen
It's been so long since I celebrated my birthday
Torq your bolts kids

>I had a gokart for 3 days
>It got stolen

now I have the feels

I had one of those Jeep Wrangler Power Wheels things. I loved that thing. I remember it was a dark gray and black

Had a sick Mercedes electric ride on so old it was pre power wheels and had a metal body. It was given to me by a family friend.

I loved that fucking thing.
It didn't work very well but that didn't stop 2 year old me from trying to drive it. It needed batteries because it didn't hold a charge for long.

I didnt have it very long and wasnt ready to part with it but my Dad sold it to some old bastard at a garage sale.
>I remember sitting in it and being pulled out of it while the old guy took it away.
>Shit like that really fucks you up

Nope. I got a bicycle instead. My dad was into motorbikes, and wanted to encourage me into it.
He claims that if not for the divorce, he'd have bought me one as soon as I was of legal age to ride it.

1962 triang Monte Carlo
pedal car with battery powered head lights
also used a bike and trike

I had one of these in blue

when i was 3 i had a go kart and when i was 4 i got a peewee 50

I had something similar stolen too. Fuck modern society, childhood dreams shouldn't be stolen by some shitskins. That's just off limits...

made my own kek

No. My parent was poor, and was more worried about putting food on the table for her two kids than buying me expensive toys.
I did have a bunch of hotwheels (matchbox a shit) and hand-me-down Tonka trucks and toy cars from the 50's/60's from when my mom was a child.

This. Almost exactly.

It did however teach me the value of saving and now I drive a cheap but reliable in car that makes me very happy when I drive it.

Cool story.. honestly haha, and I love that Audi face, damn I hate how much I like VWAG stuff, pretty much anything since I drove a GTI and S3 in highschool, so I got a shitbox 2.5 Golf. It's slow

I had one of these. I loved that thing.

My dad and I built something a lot like that when I was about 10 except it was powered by a 5hp mower engine. Amazing fun until the cops confiscated it because of sour old fucks in the neighborhood upset with me riding it along the grass behind the freeway wall, the thing wasn't loud and barely even left marks behind but they hated me using it, I never took it in their property. Never saw it again.
Eventually I had a trail bike 5x as loud and 10x as dirty and they would call the cops every time I went by but the police couldn't give enough of a shit to follow me through the woods and eventually stopped coming altogether. Still makes me mad

Had one that was super similar as a kid, mine had the actual hard rubber wheels so I'd pop wheelies with it or lock the wheels up (no brakes, only pedals) and slide around corners and leave big ass black marks.

Pic related was what I had.

I had one kind of like this in sportchek when I was a kid.

Except I purchased my first ride with my own money unlike 50% of the car owners on Veeky Forums

No.

Although they did buy me a few bicycles in their day. First one was a small one-speed on training wheels decorated in a Batman motif like pic related. I think it was a Huffy. Eventually one of the training wheels just fell off and of the other one got bent and was no longer useful. I remember teaching myself to ride on two wheels by just going around in tight circles in a small parking area behind one of my mother's friend's place.

I'm sorry user, niglets stole shit from me too once :(

Lived with my aunt, and she got me one of those electric ones which as soon as the battery died, that was it. Was fun while it lasted.
My grandma on the other hand, got me one of those exactly, and still has it for some reason. I can't fit on it anymore, but it's still out on the side of the house. Been thinking of slapping a small 25cc weed whacker engine on it and giving it to my nephew when he's a few years older.

this tbqh

No, but a friend of mine had one. My father sawed shapes of guns out of wood, and taped them in with black gaffer tape, so it looked just like a real gun. After that we put on some old army coats and went cruising around the neighborhood playing soldier on our cart and with our new assault rifles.

I had this one as well.

Used to have one of these and it was fucking great. I miss bike riding.. I need to get another one.

nope, only barn and walmart bicycles.
>pimping out your old ass barn find bike your parents left in the yard ditch for you to find
>cruising main st with your childhood biker gang, seats adjusted low so it felt like you were riding a chopper

i had this
rolled it and broke my arm lol

Naw, but an uncle welded one together for me from stainless steel. Then my dad cannibalized a sports bicycle for the gears and pedals for it. That was a fun little thing to tool around on, and I learnt to be very particular about maintenance, like lubricating moving parts and cleaning it off when it got dirty. Then it got passed down to my younger brother and I taught him how to maintain it properly.

When I turned 12 I got a lovely bicycle, nothing valuable, just not the cheapest pos. Had a few gears, a shock etc.
Probably the most excited I'd ever been about a gift.

I rode it to to school the following day and during class someone cut the lock and stole it.

No I got a bmx bike that lasted me years and when I was 8 years old they bought me one of these things and man I felt free when I would ride it after school

>how to fuck up your back as a 7yo

But was your mom bangin'?

My dad got me one of these when I was 9 years old. A couple years later I had a neighbor who gave me an old 100cc shifter kart. Shit was cash.

Didn't ride a bike till I was 10
Didn't drive until I was 18
Didn't own my first car till 24