I fell in love with this car, but what are the pros and cons you guys have about it?

I fell in love with this car, but what are the pros and cons you guys have about it?

-Heavy
-Slow by modern standards
-Not very practical if you carry lots of people and/or stuff
-Most expensive car in its class (unless you count the 500L)
-Expensive to maintain
-Often expensive to insure if your insurance considers it a "luxury" car
-Understeer, understeer everywhere
-Lots of systems designed in "modules" where you have to replace a whole system in stead of a tiny part if something breaks
-Designed to be non-intuitive to work on to keep you using dealership service

>wants pros and cons
>is on Veeky Forums
>probably newfag who doesn't know what redpill is
>at least he didn't make another fucking redpill thread

I mean this is a non-patronizing way but Reddit would probably answer your question better.

-Heavy
>irrelevant
-Slow by modern standards
>average
-Not very practical if you carry lots of people and/or stuff
>no shit it's not a truck
-Most expensive car in its class (unless you count the 500L)
Just completely wrong
-Expensive to maintain
LOL no, it's average
-Often expensive to insure if your insurance considers it a "luxury" car
Wrong again, you are just saying shit now
-Understeer, understeer everywhere
True
-Lots of systems designed in "modules" where you have to replace a whole system in stead of a tiny part if something breaks
This is a lot of modern cars, it's not 1985 anymore
-Designed to be non-intuitive to work on to keep you using dealership service
Wrong.

pros:
comfy inside, nice materials, quick, can be tuned for a lot more power
cons:
completely numb, feel hardly any connection to the road, doesn't feel like a hot hatch anymore

i guess it sort of just feels like what you might expect a low end audi to feel like. luxurious in it's class sure, but not a drivers car anymore.

too small for me

>i guess it sort of just feels like what you might expect a low end audi to feel like
The A3, Audi's lowest-end model in the US, is literally a Golf. Go figure.

It looks a lot better than the Civic Si.
It is a lot faster than the Acura ILX
It doesn't look like an aspirational douchemobile like the A4, bmw 1/2 series, or that fwd Mercedes shitbox.
Probably very reliable and practical compared to the mini or fiat 500.
Mazda doesn't have anything that competes very well power wise anymore without the MS3.

For a "kinda premium" and "kinda sporty" you can't go wrong. Very nice cars, but the reliability and dealer issues are a reality and not a meme. If you don't plan on owning the car for more than a handful of years, and live in close proximity to the dealer, I don't see why you wouldn't jump on it. I was inches from a new GTI back in 08 but got an offer to buy a new TSX 6mT that I couldn't refuse. That worked out well since I kept it for almost a decade, but if I had bought the GTI I would had been just as happy, except woudlnt have had kept it so long.

>forgetting about Ford's ST lineup

> Very Wobbly

Found the base model golf owner

>aspirational douchemobile like the A4, bmw 1/2 series, or that fwd Mercedes shitbox
>being this poor

Whoops. Ypu are right. Mmthat is a massive hole in my rationale.

I'd personally skip the VW and get the Focus ST or step up to the RS.

The GTi is a great car, but the ford is much better in terms of handling and fun. VW ownership has tolerable drama unless you get a lemon. I should also note that VW culture is cringy as fuck (collar popping faggots who unironically think they are Chads while being autismo tier) so if you plano n associating with VW people consider another car, but if it is just for you, don't worry about it.

>Pros
The most balanced car out of the current hot hatches. The best all-rounder

>Cons
Good at everything, but the best at nothing. The Focus RS is the best on the handling, the Civic Type R is the best on power, the Giulietta QV is best on looks...

If you really want a compromise between hot hatch and day-to-day activities the 1.8 TSI 172 bhp is much better than the actual GTI.

The Mk VII Golf is a problematic car in itself tho

t. Busrider

It's made by VAG.

>unsourced data with undefined arbitrary index

Too dumb to use Google image search?
dashboard-light.com

Pros: ???
Cons: VAG

It looks boring, is potato shaped and fucking everyone drives it. Maybe because im near a vw plant in germany but its the most bland run of the mill car here.

SoCal here and can confirm everyone around here drives GTIs, TDIs, and Golfs. Not to mention if you see a newer white jetta 9/10 it's a hot as fuck grill.

the only problem with the Focus ST or RS is that you always have the smell of shame for driving a Ford

Shame of what ? What other people think ?
Only shame I can think of is how does corvette drivers show face when Nissan Sentra with body kit is faster

I live in yurop, I have a GTD. Fucking the environment on the side is always nice.

Depending in where you live, one or more things may not apply to you.
If you get the DSG (please don't) make SURE it has had proper maintenance because it will shit the bed REALLY fast if the maintenance isn't top notch
Take a boroscope thingie with you, and check the intake valves for carbon deposits. Cleaning the shits will set you back 1500 or so (again, prices vary, this is where I live in toothpasteland).
Block off EGR valve
Install a catch can for the PCV. Direct injection plus PCV and EGR is what causes the carbon deposits.
Depending on what MY you're looking at, check the wheel bearings, some are prone to massive wear and premature failure

>the shame of driving around with an American badge on the hood of your car
>the shame of beeing smart enough to not buy chev or dodge but not smart enough to buy Japanese, German, or even Korean
>the shame of Donald Trump

buying American is like fucking a fat chick, sure it might even be great but do you really want people to see you going around with her?

It's objectively the best car in its segment.
Cons: hit or miss reliability

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but your car is gonna be strong

If you crash into a shitbox, american """""""sports luxury""""""" car, or pretty much any car save SUV or truck you'll be fine and they'll be dented.

big car stronk