Has anybody owned an elise? Everybody i talk to says they are great on the track...

Has anybody owned an elise? Everybody i talk to says they are great on the track. Always wanted one and I think I'm at the point where I can afford one. Really excited. There are a few on my local autotrader I'm planning on checking out. But really I'll probably ask somebody to go with me, don't know what to look for. Red I think is too flashy, maybe silver? Either way, as long as it runs and isn't beat on. Also might look at earlier lotus, but eh, I like the Elise. Keep true to my goal lol. Elise or hell an exige if i can find one. Really the exige is harder to find and usually way more expensive. But what are you gonna do? As long as they are in demand the price will reflect it. I don't mind. That's life.

get a porsche or an ae86 man

how the hell does an AE86 compare to an elise

spend the difference in parts and find out

>Has anybody owned an elise?
Yes, many people

>Everybody i talk to says they are great on the track.
Great at what? What you want to accomplish on the track will determine what car is ideal.

>But really I'll probably ask somebody to go with me, don't know what to look for.
Get one with good maintenance records from a shop that specializes in Lotus. They can have issues with the top end of the engine, get good info on what was done.

>colors
If the color of the car is the first thing you are worried about you are setting yourself up for failure

The car is a toy. If you think you are getting a cheap exotic think again. It's extremely spartan, but also far from a track specific machine. I drove one for a few weeks and was unimpressed, not much good to say about it (it was an early Elise).

Thanks for your input. Also, please read first letter of every sentence in OP.

>HEARTBREAKRBAIT

why u do this

FUGGIN KEK

I suspect this guy was trying to trick me

You forgot the "e" from
>Elise or hell an exige if i can find one.

yep, realized after posting :\

>Great at what? What you want to accomplish on the track will determine what car is ideal.
Having fun idiot
>Get one with good maintenance records from a shop that specializes in Lotus
Nigger it's a Toyota
>far from a track specific machine.
>Lotus
?? what

Well that didn't take long

Having had the chance to sit in an Exige... I gotta say, they really are as spartan as they say. Thin seats, not much headroom for a manlet, let alone anybody taller, and everything feels like a purpose built machine for the track that still needs to go on the road.

The door rattles, the clutch squeaks, but damn if it doesn't feel good. The shifter is heavy and completely undamped. The pedals are perfect.

PUT ME IN THE SCREENCAP

As a 6'1" owner of an elise I fit pretty well. The seats are comfy as fuck once you in it and you're not a fat fuck.

You're still want to get one with a nice maintenance record because despite the drivetrain being Toyota, the rest is Lotus--don't want to get one with a fucked tub or something.

Also you're going to have to be relatively careful with it as the body is basically two pieces of fiberglass so even a low speed fender bender will be costly.

Absolutely demolished.

Recovery will not be possible.

Anybody wanna be kind and tell me what it's supposed to say? I'm on mobile with no access to a comp for a few says.

>heartbreakerbait

PLAYED LIKE A DAMN FIDDLE

Fug

Where are you OP? If EU checkout the Vauxhall/Opel VX220, it's basically an Elise without the Lotus tax and worth a look.

zzw30 is basically elise with some comforts as well but even then it's at best 60% elise.
You can get it up to 80% with chassis reinforcements and drastic weight reduction.
Not to mention toyota reliability.

>That confidence that he will reply and post the same pic

Living legend.

Cheapest one I could find right now in USA that is not salvage

Put me in the screencap

It also has a GM Ecotec 4-banger, either in NA 2.2l or turbo 2.0l form. I'd personally say the 2.2 is the one to go for, as it's fairly easy to supercharge it and get more power than the turbo while having the advantage of a nice linear power delivery.

dat heel ball toe though

Yeah but they are not good looking cars. I'd get a Boxster over that

heartbreaker on suicide watch. Doctors have taken his belt and shoelaces.

Hard top spyder looks great tbqh

Rekt

hehehe

HA! Got heem!

>I don't mind. That's life.
I love the way OP strung it out with these last two sentences kek

And an evil genius was born that day