What does Veeky Forums think about Jaguar Land Rover cars?

What does Veeky Forums think about Jaguar Land Rover cars?
I might be getting a job and I don't know what to expect.
Anyone else work at a car company??
and I don't know shit about jaguars, i'm a Lexus / Ford fanboy

Other urls found in this thread:

jalopnik.com/you-cant-get-a-cheap-carmax-range-rover-warranty-anymor-1655587419
jalopnik.com/carmax-just-paid-another-514-85-to-fix-my-range-rover-1746862325
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

At their corporate headquarters, not a dealership btw

Wow, congratulations.

How did you get a job there without knowing anything about them?

A 1 year Internship with benefits and pay with subtle hints of full time position if I do well I'm about to be a junior, so I think it would be cool, I guess they are just hiring fresh people out of college and proximity
Not an engineering role
Finance and they said it will intertwine with marketing and product development a tad bit

Just been mass applying to jobs this one specifically a professor of mine put in a good word
I've got past the phone and regular interviews they invited me up to the facility for interview with their managers and HR

Well again, congrats.

Jaguar/Land Rover are known for being unreliable pieces of shit in the electronics department, largely due to their British heritage. Modern Land Rovers and Jaguars are still bad in the electronics, especially when you're considering general usability and reliability. Their mechanicals tend to have big failures more than little ones, so instead of annoying squeaks every time you pass 20 mph you get stuff like suspension failing. That said, a lot is covered under warranty so people who lease their cars from them tend to not care, and they command a premium price even on the used market when their reliability issues become major headaches out of warranty. Dealership experiences also vary tremendously; if there's one area that Land Rover absolutely has to get fixed, it's dealerships.

The Land Rover is THE premium SUV. Design-wise, Land Rover has just fucking nailed it for this generation of design. While it's not the most practical look, since the sloping roofline cuts down on rear headroom quite a bit, people will always do a double-take when they see one coming down the road. Interiors are also fucking amazing.

Jaguar is a bit more of a mixed bag. They're more reliable than they were in the past, but that's like saying an iPhone is more reliable than a cassette player. Design-wise, they're boring, especially with the grille logo replacing the leaping jaguar. Their interiors aren't special either, and honestly there's not a lot to recommend them except rarity value and that they cost a couple thousand less than comparable Germans. That said, they have one of the best shades of green on the market right now.

Land Rovers still retain a go-anywhere reputation, even softer models like the Evoque or Velar. Jaguar tries to be sporty, but what they really want is premium luxury. Land Rover markets itself way better than Jaguar though, and in this SUV market it just is taking off.

jalopnik.com/you-cant-get-a-cheap-carmax-range-rover-warranty-anymor-1655587419

Buy a used Range Roger and make sure you get a full warranty.

jalopnik.com/carmax-just-paid-another-514-85-to-fix-my-range-rover-1746862325

>Work at a car company
>But not dealership
Where do you think you are?

>Owned by Hindus, made by Chinese.

>Chinese
They're hand-assembled in Britain except for the non-Range Rover models.

i was hoping there are some peopel around here that work at various positions for various car companies, there are a ton of car companies
obviously not CEOs or shit

Hahahahaha. See, you got in thanks to a professor. Most people get in through family. Certainly in Detroit pre-2008, that's how it was. You can't just apply to one of these companies and go through a normal application process; you have to be bound by blood.

Most people on Veeky Forums are poorfags who drive

they really should bring back that leaping jaguar
maybe op can put in a good word

They can't because of pedestrian crash regulations.

Haven't you noticed none of the other cars have hood ornaments anymore? Even Rolls Royce had to engineer a way to hide their statue on the car.

Love em, don't give a fuck about TaTa owning them because I don't believe they have much input on design or accoutrements

don't be dreaming about a fancy jaguar just yet boy, wait untill you signed the contract.

Jaguar gets way more of a bad rap than it deserves, it's really no less reliable than the other luxury marques, but I still think it's fucking up. In going after the sporty Germans, it's losing that touch of elegance that differentiated it in the first place. Bring back the gorgeous wood and leather, don't get bogged down in the tech wars.

>except for the non-Range Rover models

All of them are made here except for a few made in China for China

I think they focused more on the driving experience IMO, the only thing really techie they have are the TFT dashes

Range Rover Sport HSE, not a Range Rover thus made in China.

that's an evoque, not a sport.

Wait what. That's fucking. Stupid. Why don't they force all bikes to have plastic bodies and wheels?

My problem is that a lot of the wood on older Jaguars looks like shit. The issue with reliability is that it's more personal reliability issues, like with electronics people deal with every day, and with bad or limited dealerships which means it's not as quickly repaired and repairs are more expensive.

I'm planning on leasing a Land Rover in a few years for my parents, because they have a 400 ft driveway that slopes 35 degrees. Does it matter if I get them an Evoque because it's smaller and would fit the tight curves better, rather than a Discovery or a Land Rover Range Rover?

I love Land Rovers, modern ones. They are just sexy beasts.

I own a 2016 convert f-type and a 2017 sports package f-pace
ask me anything

yes they are both fast and cool and i enjoy them

Love what theyre doing right now
v6 f-type is definitely on my list of cars to check out in the future when they've depreciated a bit

How's the suv and how does it compare to Rover

Also would you like the convertible ftype better than coupe of you have driven both? I like the coupes looks especially with the back pillars, while the seats look weird on the convertible
But then again a convertible is a convertible you feel me

>Land Rover
>Land Rover doesn't put Land Rover on the hood
>It says Land Wind

Jags are great

Have a 2003 XJ8 and a 1996 XJR 5 speed.

How are repair costs?

>2003
>The era of Ford Jag
And it still runs?

I doubt you'd have a problem with basically any Land Rover with proper tires for the climate.

I'm mostly worried about size and how it'll do on a slightly tight driveway. You can get a white van down that driveway, you just worry that it'll scratch rocks on the way down. I wouldn't want to scratch up a big Range Rover if the curves are too tight.

Climate is Hawaii.

They're Poo in Loo. Are you one too?

X308 is probably the most reliable car they ever made.

No, X300 is the most solid

Boi, I just started at JLR, and I know nothing about them either. Small world. I'm in software so you might use something I programmed, but we mostly make tools for engineers so not too likely.

>Know nothing about Jaguar
>Get to work there
Why?

Do they give you deals on their cars?