I have a stock automatic 05 accord 2.4 liter

I have a stock automatic 05 accord 2.4 liter.

Is it worth the ass pain to install a cold air intake?

Additionally, do all automatic Accords have a MAF sensor?

Short answer: no.

It will sound better, it made my cruze not sound like absolute garbage back when I had it. As far as actual gains it will be quite literally fuckall.

No

a slushbox 4 banger with a loud intake sounds terrible and will illicit nothing but contempt from everyone in traffic

How about ram air then? Cheaper and easier to install.

The best thing you can do to improve performance is reduce weight. Taking out the spare tire and jack and never filling up more than 3/4 a tank of fuel will boost performance more than a shitty intake.

just leave it stock. It's people like you that ruins the Accord/Civic used market by adding shitty mods to their cars

no dont even bother with that CAI shit on this vehicle. Its not a pain in the ass but it is a waste of time and money. The automobile you own is a machine designed to move you from A-B safely and efficiently. Use that money to make sure your car is 100% mechanically sound before modifying. That includes brakes, tires, oil leaks, PS whine, whatever. IF and only if all that is done then spen ur bread on something that will benefit you directly like new speakers or a stereo with aux input, or nicer leather seats from a donor car or shit spend that money on gas and take a fkn trip somewhere. But it is frivolous and in bad taste to try to turn ur automatic accord into something its not.

>Complaining about 20 year old japanese shitboxes
Wew

>05
>20 year old

kuk

>yfw i put a cold air intake on my 1990 f-250 5.8

MAD GAINS BRO

>He unironically cares about the Japanese econoshitbox market
W e w

You're not bating anyone m8. Accords are pretty much the standard sedan atm along with Camrys.

oh shit i quoted the wrong dude lmao

thats the guy thats wrong sry bros

OP here

Mannnn I just want something fun to drive, fuck.

I have some extra cash but I hate frivolous spending and dropping 3k on some pos to tool around in that will inevitably break is not worth it.

Fuck.

just buy a cone filter for like 20 bucks and attach it to your stock intake hose. It'll sound better

put a stereo in there. seriously, a POS can be a treat to drive it you can bump your favorite music.

Post pics of your car please

If you can't find a fun dependable car for 3k cars are not the hobby for you. Drive your accord and play video games or something.

If you really want to I would get some good tires, being an 05 I imagine your struts/shocks could be renewed.

Its not that I can't im just not sure the options.. I live in the US rust belt so 3k cars are usually rusted to shit

theres literally a giant image at the top of this board telling you which used cars are worth while. Search for literally any of the ones you like on your local craigslist and you will see whats out there.

I have enough experience and knowledge with cars to know what I want. It's the question of whether or not I want to maintain a shit box. I'm considering a 93 or so 5 liter rustang, even though I know they are slow, it would still be fun

>cold air intake
>pain in the ass to install

Come do it for me bby