/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online general

EP Edition

Elder Thread: >Official news
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2017/02/21/homestead-is-now-live-on-xbox-one-and-playstationr4
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2017/02/20/eso-morrowind--vvardenfell-flora-and-fauna
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2017/02/16/an-eso-love-story

>Latest ESO Live
twitch DOT tv/videos/121127025

>Latest patch notes:
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/321427/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-7-6#latest

>Builds and Guides
docs.google.com/document/d/1WsLK2mOCvIePLUxW_X7CPa7uT072x3FJEzY7yyN1hXA/edit [New Player's Guiide]
pastebin.com/Y9vRAcwm (embed) (embed) - Alcast/Deltia Guides

>Online lore, map and general info
imperial-library.info/
esomap.uesp.net/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php
minion.mmoui.com/

>Assorted links
eso-rp.com
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/
tamrieltradecentre.com/

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] mail (not whisper) @Foskl or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] mail (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

>Discord:
discord.gg/ffn6JqN

>Is this game worth playing?
We just don't know

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HVdzUBwA4-k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DeXEdSc7g7nW-XRRwkR7kB09IwJnnfAFnmzczreNy0M/edit#gid=0
mmogames.com/gamearticles/eso-morrowind-interview/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1st for can't post an image

It's me, Almalexia, bidding thee a warm tismchurg

>ebonheart pact.png
100/10

>Just ran out of my first free 4 million enlightenment XP
>CP 104

Wew lads.

Explain please

10/10 op

>tfw level 10 at last

Is there a /tesog/ guild?

I guess you're both right. I guess I've just been playing TES games for such a long time/been such a big fan of them I tend to see the positives more than the negatives.

Yeah we're all fan boys in a way otherwise we wouldn't be here.

Also we have to maintain our tough guy images or else we'll be flooded with waifu-fags and the generals demise

When you hit level 50 and start working on champion levels, you get an enlightenment bonus when offline, basically ESO's.version of rested XP.

Oh okay, cool. How long were you gone?

Been playing straight through. Apparently when your first character hits 50, they give you a full charge of the rested XP to help you get going.

How long does it take to get a point? Same time as it takes to level from 49 to 50?

With enlightenment XP, one of those side quests is enough for a point, when you add in XP from killing shit. For the main zone story quests that are multi part, a couple points per step is the norm. Basically, 3 - 5 points per regular level about, in the beginning.

see

How long does it typically take to get to level 50? I'm taking my sweet time, drinking in the sights and sounds, at this rate I imagine I'll be around the 150-200 hour mark before I hit 50.

If you're following your faction quests and doing daily dungeons/clearing every area as you go, you should hit 50 before you actually finish the main story.

Honestly though, I'd recommend not worrying about getting to endgame asap. Taking in the sights and sounds is perfectly good in terms of enjoying the game, and I wouldn't want to rob you of the experience by saying 'you should hit 50 by 35 hours and be cp160 in 10 hours after that', because really no MMO should be about fast-tracking to endgame; it just tends to be what people perceive to be how MMOs should be handled

t. player at beta and launch that only reached 50 last September

if you do want to fast track to 50 (cp160), xp scrolls alongside dolmen grinding in alik'r gives decent xp. I think it ruins the experience, but if you want to grind comfortably, I'd say that's the most inoffensive method of doing so

How does the design/corporate structure break down for this game? Bethesda devs make the game and Zenimax Online tells them what to do to make it profitable? Or am I missing some steps?

Coming from GW2, I know that Anet makes the game and NCSoft holds their leash. No particular reason, just curious. I'm not even mad at a design choice or monetization in ESO, though I wish I didn't have to sub to get the crafting bag. Its so damn tempting FUCK

ZoS develops the game and zenimax holds their leash as far as I know.

Sounds good. I'd never level grind though, I'm just playing through the game like its single player right now. Sublime

I totally agree with this, it's exactly what I'm doing. Taking my sweet time, enjoying immersing myself in elder scrolls. However, if you already have a level 50 or another account then I can totally see skipping as much as possible to get to endgame.

I still don't get this image

>level 10 tank that speaks no english, has no taunts, knows zero boss mechanics and uses his 2h sword to hit enemies once and then backs away
>have to stay because the dungeon is one of my pledges
>have to face tank bosses as the healer and spam my spells and burn through mana pots
love it

have you never fought that pirate captain?
if one of your group members is an idiot or undergeared, you're gonna have a really bad time.

True freedom

Ohhhhhh Nvm. Yeah I get it now

New to eso, the crafting system is seriously overwhelming me right now. I've read the guide but I'd still like to know, are there any pitfalls I should avoid? Are any of the crafting skills absolutely worthless or do they all have some value?

Zenimax Media is the mother company. They own both Bethesda Game Studios and Zenimax Online Studios. Bethesda Game studios makes the traditional Elder Scrolls games. Zenimax Online Studios haven't done anything else but Elder Scrolls Online and was founded to make an Elder Scrolls MMO.

This means that Zenimax Media is the company taking care of the marketing for both companies. Why you have Peter Hines, a guy who used to work on Morrowind, shilling ESO and ESL.

The exact connection between ZoS and Bethesda is unclear. According to a PAX West interview, every large additions (such as the broad strokes regarding lore added trough Orsinium and Shadow of the Hist) has to get the green light from Bethesda before they go into production. The Principle Worldbuilder for Morrowind started his game development career making mods to Morrowind. The current Lead Content Designer worked at Bethesda when they made Oblivion and would pester Todd about an Elder Scrolls MMO and got personally assigned to the team by Todd. Lawrence Schick, the lead writer with the title "Lore master" at ZoS, is butt buddy with Kurt Kuhlmann, the loreguy at Bethesda.

All have value.

However you don't have to touch anything if you don't like to. There's nothing that's absolutely vital. The closest would be passives to potions and food making them last longer.

There's also upgrade materials. I would personally save all purple and legendary upgrade to when you've reached champion point 160.

As you level up, old crafting materials (such a high iron) will be obsolete, so I would faff about if I were you to get a hang of it but not make anything better than blue items.

New video faggots

Top comment: I THOUGHT IT WAS SKYRIM FUCK

What does the f'lah means?

The fucking spear.

spears confirmed

I wish

Ahhhhh, thank you very much for the explanation. I remember the absolute shitstorm about Muh Lore when the game came out

New Indoril armor. Fuck yeah.

36 hours in and i'm at 36 percent of the download.

1 gig per hour.

Save me from my shitty internet.

Probably just a special staff of his.

I want my fucking polearms, asdf.

Is this for console? On PS4 when it started to slow down I toggled "Connect to Internet" in the Network settings and suddenly it would go blazingly fast for a while, then just repeated until done.

If you're internet is normally really shitty though that might not help at all.

You can join at any level. If you're worried about not being able to do dungeons or whatever, don't, I run them with

it took me like a week but is playable at my smooth as butter 200~kb connection.

Holy fuck, this trailer is marvelous

I came.

I love all the comments saying "Stop working on this, its delaying Skyrim 2 reeeeeee"

not before unarmed i hope

ESO is a better TES game than Skyrim was

I bet they'll never lease their IPs again after Obsidian made a better Fallout than them and ZoS made a better Elder Scrolls than them.

in fact i would go as far to say:
Morrowind > ESO > Daggerfall > Oblivion=Arena > Redguard > Skyrim

this isn't to say any of them are bad though

Is dual wielding Templar a thing or would I just be gimping myself?

SEVENTY-TWO (72)

HOUR BAN

FOR THIS

It is console my I just have shit internet.

EGGSDEE DUDE SO FUNNY MAN TOPPEST KEK YOU TROLED EM GOOD

the trick to not getting banned is to not act like a faggot

What the fuck is this autistic shit

I wasn't even trolling I was shitposting. But to ban me for saying I have friends high up is ridiculous cause everyone in the chat knew I was fucking around.

You play a game with rules
You break the rules, you lose
difficult to understand ?

>when the queue time is >2h

back to /v/

It was mildly less autistic in context

I think you've got this backwards senpai

that's not a controversial statement. skyrim sucked ass

This is as cringe as that faggot who can't stop telling grentext stories in the guild chat.

I am that guy

>MMO general
>everyone is talking about the game
>no one is posting pictures of their female characters
>no one is tripfagging

What the FUCK is going on here? Is this really Veeky Forums?

I'm also new and don't know how to craft anything at all. I have a fuckload of different ores and materials in my bank tho. I can't seem to research any traits

bizarro Veeky Forums

What did s/he mean by this?

I'm new and have no context, and based on my experiences this general DOES seem better than the FFXIV one. By like a lot.

Okay. Sell me on TESO.

I tried the open beta years ago and was disappointed that I couldn't run a Monk type character.

All I want to do is make a character that goes around and punches people as his main form of attack. I think I was a Dragon Knight or something like that in the beta but it was pretty lackluster.

Can I play Unarmed through the whole game now and actually be useful? Or will have I kiddos yelling at me for not using a weapon?

No. You're better off waiting to see if they ever release Unarmed/Fist as a weapon type down the line.

Someone very upset once posted it. Now it's posted as a response to whenever someone is upset about something silly.

Nope.

It's going to be strange walking around Red Mountain with no GhostFence. The Sixth House doesn't even reawaken for another 300+ years.

Is there any precedent for adding a new weapon or skill line in this game?

Huh. Alright.

Next question.
Does this game do the whole forced "You're the chosen one, and so is this other player, and this other one too" shit?

All I can remember is that you've broken out of Molag Baal's realm to some mirror version of Tamriel and then was on a quest to do something but everyone else was in the same cave clearing it and couldn't get any progress because they were all camping spawns.

Why so cute?

>>Does this game do the whole forced "You're the chosen one, and so is this other player, and this other one too" shit?
Originally they didn't (look up the Numinous on the imperial library) but Colonel Sanders kentucky fried the plot so now everyone's special

>redguard above Skyrim
C'mon now, that's just being unfair. Cyrus is a cool guy and all but Redguard was pretty shit, from the awful controls (however normal they were at the time) to the annoying enemies (let's just keep spawning a million skeletons and zombies! Having fun on N'Gasta's island yet?) and requiring platforming despite being real bad at platforming.

It had some neat things like being the sole TES where your protagonist has the fucking upper body strength to catch a ledge and pull themselves up instead of bouncing off and falling to their death if they don't land on their feet, or the fact that in the intro S'Rathra's dialog is entirely in Ta'agra, the Khajiiti tongue.

But fuck me if it isn't a mess otherwise. I am glad ESO references the stupid busted bridges leading to N'gasta's island though. Holy fuck that was the worst.

Some datamined stuff suggests a "1hand&rune" with similar icons and a location to the other weapon types. So it's possible theyre testing out new weapon skill sets on their end at Zenimax.
The main story is pretty bad about that. The DLC quests are pretty good, as far as story goes, however. I enjoyed Orsinium and Thieves Guild.

>I tried the open beta years ago and was disappointed that I couldn't run a Monk type character.

So did I, and I got pissed off at all the lore inadequacies.

>Can I play Unarmed through the whole game now and actually be useful?

Not really. Zenimax in their, at best, semi-competence did not bother to put even half of the old weapon types or fighting styles in the game.

Frankly I never understood why the stupid fucks went for the Dragonknight, Templar, Sorcerer, and Nightblade shit anyway. They had a perfect class list and a huge set of existing spells and abilities from other games that they could have used, but they didn't.

In fact I would consider that their greatest fuck up since NONE of the classes play how a TES character should, and instead act as if they are fucking WoW characters.

why not so cute?

fuck me i am in love with this game. i can see why even Kirkbride praises the writing despite my original thoughts that this would be any mmo. i'm part of the EP and it does a really good job of demonizing the other alliances. how are the EP demonized when playing the others? could any of you genuinely say you hate the others based on their misdeeds in the story?

Pledges rotation.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DeXEdSc7g7nW-XRRwkR7kB09IwJnnfAFnmzczreNy0M/edit#gid=0

>Does this game do the whole forced "You're the chosen one, and so is this other player, and this other one too" shit?
It does, but it only really affects the "main" plot. Basically every other quest ignores it aside from a few that take advantage of the fact that you don't actually stay dead and have no soul.

Outside of a few assholes who sit in a cave you don't have to worry about everyone going OH VESTIGE, SAVE US like you do in other games.

Is there any downside to just bum rushing the main quest right away?

I'm about to do Sancre Tor and so far it's all really boring, I enjoyed the questlines in Glenumbra and Stormhaven a lot more

I dont know how far you are in the EP story but the Aldmeri Dominion tries to kill unborn argonians en masse so I wasnt a big fan of them.

Main quest is boring. Just rush that shit.

Not really. I would recommend picking up all the skill shards and mages guild books in those zones.

Okay.

How gated am I going to be if I just buy the standard edition for 30 bucks on Steam? What can't I do more if I don't buy the Gold or a Sub besides the content packs? Will I have less inventory space, a smaller money cap?

altmer have always been the worst race

Gold gives access to a lot of the DLC. Sub gives you access to DLC, some cash shop currency every month subbed, and a bag that holds all of your crafting materials seperately from your inventory/bank.

Damn. Why so different on console?

>be Dunmer
>everyone thinks you're just another condescending Mer asshole for practicing slavery

>but the Altmer literally practice eugenics and genocide

It's a very old screenshot from console release, before the new turbans were added.

It's useless, we can't convert dropped armor style and monster sets anyway. This is sad.

Do all the female xivkyn polymorphs have super man-demon-face?

>You don't have enough free space on your harddrive to download the patch
>495 GB free on this partition alone

What the fuck is up with this patcher?

mmogames.com/gamearticles/eso-morrowind-interview/

Will there be open world content similar to the base game?

Rich: There will be public dungeons, delves, world bosses, all of those things.