Stupid questions that don't deserve their own thread

Stupid questions that don't deserve their own thread

just recently went on a road trip and for a stretch I set the cruse control at 160km/h. RPMs were at 4000 in 6th and redline is at 6500, is it good or bad for the engine to spend an hour or two at this speed?
is this basically an italian tune up? and does it work?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailycamera.com/lafayette-news/ci_30882049/man-lights-himself-car-fire-lafayette-walmart-parking
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What sort of cuckbox do you drive that redlines at 6500 RPM and cruises at 4000 RPM in top gear at freeway speed?

Auto or manual? I'm pretty sure rpm shouldn't be that high

100 mph, 6th, 4k... Sounds about right. My 2.0 gen does ~3k at 80 in 6th

Ehhh it's not that bad for it.

What the FUCK is the reason for these shitty ass ALLEN KEY sway bar end links?

>Allen key is rekt
>Can't get allen wrench in because hole is rusty
>Once you force one in it rounds it.
>Can't turn without 3000 lbs of pure tard strength
>Have to use cut off tool/Dremel

Literally what the fuck

Most of the damage you can do to your engine occurs when it's not fully warmed up.

That's not too bad, I would only worry about it overheating.

That being said, 100MPH, 4000 RPM at 6th gear. Wat?

You're only supposed to use the allen key as a counter hold once you get the nut cracked.

Not him but my 07 Impreza has redline at 6500 RPM, and it revs at 3000 at 70 in 5th gear. Sometimes I wonder if something is wrong with it. First manual car I've had and experienced. The rest I've been in were automatics. The automatics would stay around 2 or even under if I remember right. Even my parents' Expedition with a V8 stays under 2000.

If I take the shell off the bed of my truck, will that make it more aerodynamic or improve speed or anything? I bought this truck with the cap on and I think it looks ugly and I don't really need it so I want a reason to take it off

Most would cringe but if your cooling is good it should be fine. A hot motor cruising at 4k for an hour cleans up the engine good.

Are BattleBots Veeky Forums?

What are the the most straight forward questions you ask when buying a cheap DD

Is there a type of protective paint used for example you've finished replacing/fixing rust spots but aren't yet ready to paint the whole car in its final high quality paint job?

>did you have sex in this car? Or are you aware of an sex that had happen? Any cum stains still left?

Is a short ram intake worth it

Has it ever been crashed? When was the timing belt last done?

Considering the 2017 Accord Hybrid.

Is this a good idea?

Being in high revs just wastes more fuel, and generates more heat, if there's nothing wrong with the car you are fine

my O2 sensor is bust since saturday, fixing it this friday. will that week do any serious harm to my converter or does it take a while?

how much damage does this incur over time? I bought my car with 147k miles on it, and I've been driving in the winter mostly so I probably have been beginning driving trips with the engine less than warm part of the time.

I hit a bad pothole with my driver side front tire this past Tuesday and now I have a vibration that's detectable at 30mph and bad at 55-65mph. I feel it largely through the steering wheel, not underneath me. The vehicle is in warranty so I'm taking it to the stealership.

The tire isn't losing air since I re-inflated it on Thursday and there are no apparent bubbles or visual deformities (used a flashlight and felt the back of the tire by hand as well). There's no visible damage to the rim.

What's the likely prognosis? I spoke with my father and he thinks I may have knocked the tire out of alignment.

How do you drive? If you're doing a lot of stop and go city driving hybrids can be cool. Majority highway and you're wasting your money, unless you live in a very traffic prone area for highway driving.

I don't like the way Honda has multiple screens for the radio, and I'd recommend you check the consumer report ratings for the Accord on reliability.

Is that a fucking 99-2004's VW? It's not a tune, those are always like that. My father and I always cruise at 130km/h at 5th and shift around 4000. You will be fine I guess, his recently hit 253k and engine is just fine. And yeah, it desperately needs a 6th gear with that final drive setup.

If it helps, I think it was misfiring in cold weather. But it must be the intake because now it's all fine. Cold engine temp shouldn't be a factor, last month OBD was reporting misfire both warm and cold, now it doesn't. Only difference is ambient temperature. Should be unrelated but this is the only engine problem he has, apart from a lambda sensor

Just wondering if anybody knows what these little plastic things on the front window are on my '98 ford contour

Looks like a Golf 4.

Anyway my question:

The cooling compressor is broken on my 2000 Golf 4 Variant. Good or bad idea trying to replace it myself? It's my first car and I haven't done anything beside change battery and light bulbs.

What is the most likely cause of horribly shit mileage (half of what it should get) considering the car doesn't run weird and was recently serviced.

It's an 06 Opel Astra H 1.4

really there for the install
get them off any way possible and install new swaybar end links

depending on the topper it is probably helping your air flow, a tonneau cover will work if you take it off, but that exposed tail gate is a giant airdam

>Is that a fucking 99-2004's VW?
yep 03 GLI, 6th is the same gearing ratio as 5th in the 5 speed, VW split up 3 & 4 on the 6 speed. would have been nice to have a lower 6 gear the way the VR6 eats gas

Some guy near where I live lit himself on fire in his shitbox. Why would someone do this?
dailycamera.com/lafayette-news/ci_30882049/man-lights-himself-car-fire-lafayette-walmart-parking

how accessible is it? VWs can get crammed under the hood, if it's burried deep in the engine bay, it might be worth it to let someone do it for you especially if you don't have much experience with repairs. I wouldn't call this one a beginner repair, start with oil changes, move to brakes, ext.

if you try it though R134A gas is not that harmful but just don't breathe it in. you will also need to recharge your system

Had a friend with an 1.4L Astra with the same problem. He told me it was the sensors that thought the engine was colder than it actually was, or that's what he understood from the mechanic. It's either that or the spark plugs.

No, not always. Ours do 3000 at 90, should be your 5.

I'm shopping around for a good new car in the $30k CAD range. Is there a good reason not to get a Golf GTI?

why do carmakers still use reflectors?
aren't projectors superior in every way other than a marginal difference in price?

>what is primer?
>what are base coats?

no

should be fine

you probably lost a tire weight, worst case you bent the control arm
>knocked the tire out of alignment
stop asking your dad questions

smoking while asleep or pic related

Alright will look into it how accessible it is, thanks

just got new tires on my car and had an alignment done 3 months before, is it good idea to get another alignment with these good new tires?

Where i can see the consumer report's information without paying?

I am poor as Fuck but I like to read their findings

different engines rev at different speeds
my 1.6 4 banger revs at about 3k @ 70

Thanks. About to go to the dealership. Pothole incident happened on a state highway so I'm going to send any bill to the state. Can't wait until they tell me to pound sand.

This post is dumbPay him no mind
Mythbusters tested this
Look it up

That means it's geared for a top speed of 150 mp/h (but may be a bit slower in practice). If that sounds right to you, nothing to worry about.

bump b/c OP can't into QTDDTOTs

It's a VW. Its value will be shit for the next 10 years just by being a VW. They fucked up big time.

Also, most Na dealership's for VW suck ass, and it'll be in for repairs often, based on my experience with VW cars.

Its value being shit is fine, since I reaally don't plan on getting rid of it for a damned long time after I buy it. Is that just because of the diesel scandal?

If reliability really is so shit, that's a major problem though. Other car I was looking at in the price range was a FiST. Guess I'll look at that one a bit more closely.

the diesel shit fucked up the resale of all VWs but that will be forgotten in a year or two. They cheated on stupid emissions testing, it's not like their airbags shot shrapnel into the drivers face, killing him instantly in an otherwise minor front end collision.

I have found mine has been pretty reliable and not more expensive than anything else to repair overall. Just stay away from the steelership and find a good VW mechanic.

If you go used invest in a code reader early so you can clear the engine light when O2 sensor decides the cat isn't working 100%. Mine comes on every 3-4 months, I clear it and it's good.

3 on the tree sbc c10, 4.11 rear

3400 @ 65, 5200 redline with stock valvesprings