Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

saferwholesale.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BDT-125ccVader
youtube.com/watch?v=QY8311Q1KJ8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This is a very good thread

>"hey, fag. Where's your gf? "

[!] MaxWrist Update [!]

Well lads, things aren't looking good for our good friend MaxWrist. A few Redditors basically dug into his life and figured out that he was sentenced to prison for child abuse, physical assault on a woman, and sodomy. Sounded kinda crazy to me at first but it looks like it's all fucking true according to what this one dude said and the military court records. Dude lived in North Carolina with some woman and her two kids and he beat the shit out of her and abused the two kids regularly from what I can understand. The scariest part is the woman even has a blog where she documented all of it.

Some people are saying that the press releases in these italian news segments were somehow faked since they make no mention of all these charges and only mention the reckless driving which actually had very little to do with his sentence at all.

>having a gf instead of a bf (bikefriend)

He was a faggot.

Now he's playing wife with jamal.

Im looking for a good Dual-sport motorcycle.

I've started on my GS500 and need something like this :

> up to 48 hp
> easy to maintain
> not a lot of electronics
> preferably something from 2000 or earlier
> mostly using it in the city but need to be prepared for bad weather, snow, heavy rain, etc.

Does anyone of you have an idea what to get?

God this thing is ugly.

Honda cub

Update on sons of anarchy cosplay guy who bought the vt700
>Bought the shadow like 2 weeks ago
>A week ago texts me saying the bike wasn't starting after he got it home
>2 days later spergs out over text about how the bike dumped oil in his driveway
>I explain that it was working absolutely fine and that it got you home
>Today he sends me this
Nigga I put "sold as is no warranty" for a reason on the bill of sale. Sucks man, but not my problem.

L M A O
M
A
O

>speeding on public roads
>beating women
>abusing children
Douche got what he deserves.

Reposting.

Is it something usual for bike groups to use the first bike to block the traffic on the primary road for all the other bikes to not have to yeld at the stop?
Because I saw one doing this yesterday.

Yeah, I suppose. Call me evil but I don't really give a shit. I enjoy his content for what it is. I don't need to know anything else

Yes. Otherwise the group would be separated and would create an even larger block of traffic.
Its safer and faster to just move through all at once

Yes bolzanon, that is the kind of niggery you expect from Harley riders

Well they can go fuck themselves for all I care (they can stop at a parkway ahead to regroup), I passed anyway and they all flipped their shit.
This is why everyone hates cruisers.
Suspected as much.

I will never ever stop for these kind of people. Maybe if they had guns.

Yamaha XT600, Honda XR/XL600 and XR650L for starters.
>mid 40's HP
>air cooled singles, as simple as it gets
>lights, horn, and turn signals are the only electronics
You might want electric start for the city, I'd look into the XR650L or even DR650. As much as I like 80's dual sports, it's nice having something still in production for longevity and ease of access to parts.

Starting my lessons this or next week.
Should I gear up or at least buy a decent pair of riding boots?
Not too keen on dropping 200kg of bike on my ankle in sneakers.

>Should I gear up or at least buy a decent pair of riding boots?
Yup.

son of bog and bog gf

saving up for the cheap chink shit
saferwholesale.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BDT-125ccVader

Lads...

He looks like a fun guy lmfao

>tfw really want pic related (or an 1100)
>out of my price range
Are these bikes really 3+ grand?

First Generation WR400F is worth a look.

Fabricate Pic related for snow.

>3+

That's way too little for monsters like that in good condition

I used to see a bunch for 2k last year (really decent condition) but they were bought before I could secure the money for it, are they really that much??

>Your going to court I've changed everything on this bike and it still will not kick over

What a tough guy, crying to a judge about leaky bike.

The guy's coming to check it out. Today might be the day.. Becoming no-bike for a while.
The sadness. I'll be on the lookout for some cheapo dual sports, maybe a shitbike if this selling season's bad.

why are you getting so triggered over this?

>buying motorcycles from jews

Striple is really good, maybe 7k good
Shivvy is strictly if you are prepared to deal with Aprilia maintainance and niggles
I wouldn't drop 4k on any jap, surely not in an fz8
T. Shivlet

hey faggots, im going to learn how to clutchless upshift on my GSXR at some point in the next few days. I am kinda nervous. Any tips? They say i should have my foot on the shift lever already applying pressure and it'll just pop up on its own once I chop the throttle.

Might be looking at a Gen 1 Kawasaki z1000 today.
>30,000km
>Power commander 3 and a carbon fiber exhaust, the owner knew nothing about the tuner when we spoke on the phone.
>A few dings on the tank and a rip in the seat.

He is only asking for 2600 CAD but I think I can get it for closer to 2200 since it isn't certified.

Anything issues with these bikes I should look out for in particular? I've heard that the gearbox can be hit or miss and that the bikes have a tendency to shake and vibrate without a steering dampener.

>jumping from a 125 to a 1600
any advice?

Hold on. Unless its a V twin then you should be fine, just a lot more weight.

Looks like an ER6.

Does that mean parts are interchangeable with some model Ninjas? I know it has a bored out motor from the ZX9R.

I just finished my license class and got my M classification. What the fuck do I do now?
I was planning on testing out the new rebel 500s when they arrive sometime in April, but can't think of what else to do. Maybe I'm over thinking it, but I feel like I'm forgetting something.

>power commander

For gods sake why?

>KTM is releasing EFI 2 strokes in June

well this 4 stroke joke was nice while it lasted, time to call it quits lads and get ready for the second coming.

It has the rear of the 2003 zxr's and the rear shock does fit.

You should get one because the stock one is very shitty

Seen a couple cheaper but one in good condition is certainly worth that.

Any 600cc+ bike without any major faults wont go for much cheaper.

>plebs

Check with your instructor, you probably have minimum gear requirements. But from a practical standpoint:
Helmet, gloves, ankle-protecting footwear, heavy jacket (wear-resistant), heavy pants (thick jeans work in a pinch).

The armored stuff is only really useful once you get on the road/highway or can be hit by other things, for the lessons its probably not necessary.

My lessons were just in parking lots so it was mostly "wear what I need to not to get road rash or burned on the bike if I fall". On the road I usually wear armored stuff including the pants if it's not stupidly hot out.

Slow thread, what are you guys doing today?
I might go ride out to my local lake

I let 18-Wheelers in rush hour traffic change lanes by holding up traffic behind me

;_; am i wrong for doing this??

>what are you guys doing today?
What I'm doing every day. Work.

Only difference from normal is now I'm in a hotel room without a toilet or shower. So I'm kinda pissed.

nah that was nice user

If there is a need for them to change, no.

Are there autoblippers available for older bikes without throttle-by-wire?

You have to upgrade your clientèle. Looks bad to have a John bring you to a place that shitty.

Times are hard, mate. Money is money.

Soldier on, sir. Give 3 pumps for jesus.

It's gone, gents.. In fond memory of the ricey coolant-ultra turbo, fury-traited tubes of the sv650s. May you be driven in peace, may you last a hundred thousand+ miles, may the new owner take as much care of you as I have. Till my next one.

What bike is this? Is this something you can ride around town with? Don't bully.

Filename didn't help me.

It's obviously a gsxr

Twin-charged '86 Katana

Kawazuki Deathtrap with a Hondamaha engine swap.

Obviously a Kamaka.

T-thanks...

I'm guessing some mod then, it looks basic as fuck which appeals to me, though I don't own a single bike.

Calling the local bike instructors to finnaly move from my A2 to a full UK bike licence
>hello
>yes i was wondering what's involved in going from a A2 licence to a full bike licence
>oh OK well first you need to be 24 or you need to have held your licence for over 2 years
>yep both, will i have to re take the theory ?
>only if you haven't been riding for over 2 years
thats a relief thought this was going to be expensive if i had to pay for a theory test too
> thats good news guess i wont have to take that then, how much would it cost me to do the mod 1 &2 on one of your bikes ?
> well we have an offer on at the moment -
yes sounds good pretty soon ill be driving around on my new bike and have some money left over for some new boots
>so to do you're mod1 and 2 it will cost just £615
>just £615
>£615.
£615 punds fucking sterling
are you having a giggle m8?
I looked on the gov. website and the mod 1 test cost £15 and the mod 2 test cos £80
But you can't take the test on a bike that isn't a 600cc (actually it comes down to horse power but cba to find it again) or bigger, which you cant ride before you get this licence to get practice on, which means you have to do it through a bike school and use their bikes.
which would be fine but they make you take so many lessons and charge you for the use of the bike on the test day.
>um yer but at least you don't have to take the theory again
> yer i guess i can use the £15 that cost to post an ad on ebay advertising my kidny so i can afford to essentually rent a heavily used bike for the day and ride it around a carpark for 20 minuets then go for an hours jolly and back to get a pice of plastic that says im trusted enough to be allowed to drive what i want.

Motorcycles are probably forbidden by sharia law anyway.

Lol@yuro
Just move to America and find some roommates, cheap as fuck living over here if you arent in a huge area. super lax laws too

How do you euro's put up with it?
Takes $50-$100(depending on state/county) for the MSF course, from there, goes to getting your full license after you pass a written and ridden test at the MSF. Or a 25 dollar permit for however long you have to have it (depending on your state/county) and taking a test yourself.

>buy motorcycle from someone who doesn't know what a crush washer is
>surprised when it dumps all the oil

user, it's a fucking bicycle with bits of angle iron welded in to hold the engine and drivetrain from a scooter. What in the hell were you expecting /dbt/ to identify?

I'm on a roll with these dubs.

The good thing about is it's a good squid filter.

1- Call some instructors who aren't shysters
2- Get A-acceptable bike. Have mate ride it to test centre. Do test on bike.

>The good thing about is it's a good squid filter.
Yep. If somebody has gotten rid of their L-=plates, you know they're at least a decent level of competency. The MSF course is a joke, like below the requirements of even the laughable CBT, and MSF isn't even a requirement for the yanks.

The WOO WOO FREEDOM is even more hilarious when you look at their hilariously draconian but generally ineffective emissions and general auto (LOL lighting requirements) laws compared to EUROx.

>How do you euro's put up with it?
I'd take yuro license requirements over burger license requirements any day of the week.
>oh, you're sixteen? Here, take the keys to your new s1000r, I trust you'll ride safely after the non existent road knowledge and experience required to get the license
>what do you mean my son died crashing his bike at 150mph into a car and killed 3 people? That's not possible, he even took a MSF course on a 250 rebel, he was more than qualified to ride a €15000 supersport!

Postan cleaned engine castings again, snows slowly melting.

Throwing together a slapjob chop to ride from Alberta Canada to BC, then I dunno cross the border and head for California for awhile.

Seat for the chop and optional cat.

lads: just reading 44t review of the 2017 r6. It has the same engine as the previous generation yet makes 7hp less (due to euro4 regs). Am i correct in thinking that if you bought the 2017 model, took out the cat and put a full system on it (+ a powercommander / dynojet thingy or whatever EFI bikes use to change fuel maps), that all it would require was a new fuelling set up to accomodate for the new exhaust & to get rid of the euro4 tuning stuff. Doing all this would mean you could get those extra 7hp back??

Probably not very coherent - basically I'm asking could you tune the bike to have the same HP figures as the previous gen seeing as the engine is identical?

das frammenflaggen for ze chop

Sport bikes do this as well sperg lol

I would totally go buy one right now
Except they don't come in red
The best r6 they made is the 2012 50th anniversary edition

for the cost i could probably get a flight and take my test and fly back, any one know how that works, dose an american licence work in the UK ?

>implying young hooners don't exist in Europe

Beautiful cat. Got more pics?

I have a similar cat but with shorter hair. Is it a Norwegian? Mine should be a halfbreed.

I would say no

And?
Then they're huge faggots as well and I'll still pass, what's your point?

Dunno. Its a mix of fur and ball. He just hangs out looking huge. I call him Fat Cat

it would be nice to have a lesson before the test to make sure i haven't picked up any bad habbits but you can't just take one lesson and then go for the test they make you take a full days course in something iv been doing for 5 years already, love the 250 im on now but im running it into the ground red lining it eveywhere i go, iv had 3 chains snap on me now,
and before anyone says i wasn't taking care of it sushhh, always kept them right epessially after the first one snapped, all 3 times i was accelerating with a big heavy rucksack on and a tank bag full of shit

>for the cost i could probably get a flight and take my test and fly back, any one know how that works, dose an american licence work in the UK ?
Just find a fucking training centre that aren't scamming you you moron. £600 is the cost for training hours + test, not for just a straight bike hire + test.

Assblasted much kiddo?

I would recommend getting fatter sprockets and a chain to match.

Pics?

Not as much as you and them, judging from your reactions.

>Just find a fucking training centre that aren't scamming you you moron
youtube.com/watch?v=QY8311Q1KJ8
please tell me of all these magical plces that exist in south wales and full of people just doing things out of the kindness of their hearts

Fuck the fags that do this, run them down.

Can't you find a cheaper school?
Not UK but I could choose how many lessons to take. Still costed me €400.

>wales
Offer them a nice young lamb, that'll do the trick.

Yes, I ignored them and passed.

user, if you really like the stripped down look and aren't just trolling me, check these bikes out.

The brand is Janus, they make new retro bikes up to modern specifications.

already did, i blew a fair bit on a smaller rear sprocket and a bigger front (think im getting that the right way round i cant really remember it was a few 1000 miles ago) and a big srong chain that was branded and everything, took the bike in for a service and on the ride back home the chain snapped on the severn bridge

WEW LASSY! Salty much?