>Left the sword at Gundyr's:
>1.10 patch notes:
steamcommunity.com/games/374320/announcements/detail/261608645322016043

>Ringed City DLC stuff
Announcement trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79
Gameplay footage: youtube.com/watch?v=j8Ke647-xsU
Redacted "Capital Knight" armor set screenshots: imgur.com/wIM6rIJ
Vaati's notes, trimmed (MAJOR SPOILERS, read with a grain of salt): pastebin.com/Y7MTapKN
Leaked first boss fight (SPOILER): my.mixtape.moe/skopje.mp4

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/ttwguc.mp3
youtube.com/watch?v=ztPGThfD_GY
youtube.com/watch?v=zEWXwMBex_s
youtu.be/Ke3HWo8fTpE?t=37
youtube.com/watch?v=nnoZG6iCbjU
youtu.be/Ke3HWo8fTpE?t=162
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This thread is now blessed by Gravelord Nito.

How about a DS3 Boss that is a girl with a cute dick

i want to fuck snake fuccboi
post snake fuccboi

How much damage do firebombs get with 40 strength?

>Girl
>Cute dick
what?

Dark Souls 2 is better than Dark Souls 3 and I hated DaS2 when it released.

Okay /dsg/, I'm planning a character for DLC2 that will go full-on Str with a bit of Int and a bunch of Fai, just for the sake of being able to use the door shields with Great Magic Shield (maybe with Skull Ring and/or Atonement as well). Don't care about viability, I just want to be able to cockblock everything in PvE and tank shit for hosts in co-op, just for shits and giggles.

So far I've settled on Pyromancer for starting class (GMS needs 18 Int anyways, and fuck the Dex and Lck), but I need a name. I've decided to go with "Indomitable ____" or "Resolute _____," any suggestions?

I want to turn Crystal Kriemhild in to Blissful Creamfilled!

How about one an NPC lady who's butt is a crab

Dark Souls 2
>man this boss and level suck but it feels so good to fuck them up
Dark Souls 3
>man this boss and level are really cool but why is it so dull to fight them?

what if Aldrich was a girl

that's the boring version

this is the real one

Give me a quick rundown on him.

are we posting lewd shit?

>Aereolas just barely starting to show
Muh dick!
Is there a version with her tits fully exposed?

Would pipe/10

>any suggestions?

"Wallis."

if you dont have 40 end you shouldn't be using shields

In what way?

Can't be the combat, because DS3 has animations that aren't so slow I can got to the bathroom and still whiff punish someone and 90% of the enemies just use the same general movelist the player does potentially scaled to be bigger.

Can't be the world design, because while DS3 is "more linear" in the sense that it's one path with some nodes DS2 was 4-5 perfectly straight paths of levels that you then warp back to the hub and also DS3 levels are way more complicated than any in DS2 (which has entire levels like heide that are literally a straight line)

It certainly can't be the boss fights, because everyone knows the DS2 boss fights are fucking terrible and just feel like minibosses grand majority of the time while DS3 has ones that are actually unique from a regular enemy beyond more health and a bigger weapon.

It's not the online either, because invasions in DS3 actually work and exist while in 2 you either duel or you fuck off, especially now that the game is dead. Relatedly, DS3 has covenants that, while they're certainly watered down in some ways, are miles ahead of DS2 because again the online works, they brought back grinding for covenant items again and the rewards are neat gimmicks instead of stuff you actually want to use most of the time arbitrarily locked behind barriers (like the various high level spells that require either 100s of kills in covenants or replaying the game three times)

It can't even be the NPC stuff because DS2 doesn't fucking have NPC stuff, it has a bunch of people that you talk to once & then they become a generic merchant in the hub town with the one exception of pate/cretion and lucatiel, which are just as dumb and arbitrary as anything in DS3 but without the interesting rewards.

The only relay way DS2 is "better" is that it has more stuff to play with, but the actual game itself is so mediocre to outright bad that it's not really worth it.

this is the beginning of a yaoi manga

>man this boss and level suck but it feels so good to fuck them up
Why are you lying? between the bad animations and the terrible sound design that makes everything feel like it's made of nerf foam, the intentionally annoying mechanics to slow the game down like huge stamina consumption or tedency to throw swarms of enemies at you and the "big man with a big weapon" design that almost every enemy has nothing in DS2 is satisfying to win

It's more like "oh thank god it's over, I don't have to keep fighting tower watcher/defender by rolling for 5 minutes until I get an opening to attack one once"

my.mixtape.moe/ttwguc.mp3
Suggestions? or is it ok as it is?

On the grand scheme of things he's a nobody on the same level of Pinwheel, but with a much better boss battle.

First time I kill hollow waifu yuria in the middle of a run.

different user here but

>because everyone knows the DS2 boss fights are fucking terrible

youtube.com/watch?v=ztPGThfD_GY

excuse me?

also

>Can't be the world design, because while DS3 is "more linear"

thanks for making the point for DaS2 for me, you literally cant start a new playthrough of DS3 and go 'I wanna go this direction'

>It's not the online either
confirmed never played DaS2 online, it's the best online in the series.

>It can't even be the NPC stuff because DS2 doesn't fucking have NPC stuff
>with the one exception of pate/cretion and lucatie
>counters his own argument in the own sentence

also: Vengarl and the whole hidden story with fume knight and velstadt.

Walking into vendricks room for the first time and just seeing that this king you've been seeking all this time and realizing he's a hollowed husk, there is nothing in DaS3 that compares.

ok

>every thread, without fail

I can agree with this image

The first laughter begins a tad too early. It would probably sound a bit better if it began around the time he's saying "commit" rather than "human".

Also if it didn't cut off so abruptly at the end. Otherwise, great job

>not killing yuria immediately after buying all her stuff every time

topkeheheheh

Let's meme this into reality

DS2 is __________fun__________

-Rothschilds bow to Pontiff
-In contact with eldritch beings
-Possess stand-like abilities
-Control Irythill with an iron but fair fist
-Own castles & banks globally
-Direct descendants of the ancient royal blood line
-Will bankroll the first cities in Yharnam (Pontiffgrad will be be the first city)
-First designer babies will in all likelihood be Pontiff babies
-The Pontiff is said to have 215+ IQ, such intelligence in Lothric has only existed deep in Archdrake monasteries
-Ancient Izalith scriptures tell of one angel who will descend upon Lothric and will bring an era of enlightenment and unprecedented technological progress with him
-The Pontiff is in regular communication with eldritch beings. Who do you think set up the meeting between the Archdeacon & the deacon high command (First meeting between the two organisations in over 1000 years) and arranged the deacon leader’s first trip to Way of the white cathedral in history literally a few days later to the Pontiff bunker in Lothric land?
-He learned stand abilities in under a week
-Nation states entrust their gold reserves with the twins. There’s no gold in Anor Londo, only Ft. Pontiff
-The Pontiff is about 7 decades old, from the space-time reference point of the base human currently accepted by our society
-In reality, he is a timeless being existing in all points of time and space from the big bang to the end of the universe. We don’t know his ultimate plans yet. We hope he's a benevolent being.

Sequels are a mistake: The pic.

I think the one thing DaS 3 is really lacking are meaningful skips.

All the games in the series have nearly iredeemable bad or at least boring parts, 1 and 2 (and BB to a lesser extent), but the one thing 3 lacks is a chance to skip them. After march hits, it'll only have 2 tiny optional areas, 2 DLCs and 2decently sized ones you get to skip if you want, everything else is mandatory.

I can use master key and alternative progress paths to kill only 5 bosses and have essentially the whole world open.
I can asceitc spam the rotten and specific areas(like anyone actually plays 2 without doing this nowadays) and skip nearly every area rushing for my build without fighting most bosses.
I can beeline to most weapons in BB beause, while it's more linear than 3, a lot of the areas are 100% optional.

3 doesn't have that, I can play through areas faster, but every single playthrough I have to remember farron keep, corridor of the boreal valley or lothric castle exist and boring to play through, making 3 fucking awful for new characters (and they had to patch both the tears and quills glitches that made new characters less annoying to make)

I really hope his set makes it in, shit was so fly.

transhumanism souls when?

>we're reaching bleak levels that shouldn't even be possible

>claws his way out of an alternate reality simply to fuck with the default world
>infiltrates world's biggest organized religion and becomes its pope out of sheer badassery
>overthrows the literal gods of the ruling class and exiles the old guard, plus manipulating them into going insane once they've left
>sequesters his blob-monster god away from the world, necessitating the strength of a Souls protagonist to reach him
>feeds one of the old gods to his own god and lets him play around with the corpse

>On the grand scheme of things he's a nobody

Is there any way to get more cracked red eye orbs or do you have to become a darkwraith? 4kings are hard at sl1

You are, of course, aware that small concessions regarding strong points of a game doesn't necessarily mean admitting that that game is better.

While I like the boss fights in DS2, I would still rate them in quality far beneath those of 3, but of course that's personal opinion. Also the Alonne fight is nothing when compared to the Fume Knight one, at least get your examples right.

Sure, I can go off in random directions in 2, but all the directions I can go to are ungodly dull until you reach Drangleic Castle and the Shrine of Amana, and after that Aldia's Keep is dull again.

Can't speak for the online, since I haven't played it extensively.

And 2's NPC quests are terrible. "Ruin your boss fights by babysitting these NPCs so all you get at the end is an extra line of dialogue and their armor and weapon" brand of terrible. I don't even know why user bothered mentioning Creighton and Discount Patches, since there's nothing particularly remarkable about that either. Just various instances of "Heheh I'll kill that faglord I swear on me mum" and "There's totally not dangerous enemies in that direction, boss :^)"

And why the hell does everyone like Vengarl so much.

>just seeing that this king you've been seeking all this time and realizing he's a hollowed husk, there is nothing in DaS3 that compares.
Smouldering Lake, Nameless King, Untended Graves, even the Soul of Cinder transitioning into Gwyn for its second form, etc. etc.

>invade central irithyll
>1v3 which includes a blue
>kill all of the phantoms
>now-lone host runs all the fucking way back to the beginning of the level to re-summon

Every. Fucking. Time. All I can say is thank god for the red hilted halberd.

I like skullfucking Anri tho.

CE

smouldering lake is universally agreed upon as being the shittiest area of DaS3, partially made out of reused chalice dungeon assets

nameless king is awe inspiring not 'oh god everything is fucked and bleak'

soul of cinder is fan service the boss and anyone who got hype for it is blinded by their nostalgia for DaS1

>soul of cinder is fan service the boss and anyone who got hype for it is blinded by their nostalgia for DaS1

Yeah, after hundreds of times it gets really boring. NK is by far the best boss in ds3. I never get tired of farming medals there.

The way SoC pulls the coiled sword out of the bonfire is so great, though

>excuse me?
one boss, one you have to pay money at that, doesn't make this video any less true
youtube.com/watch?v=zEWXwMBex_s

>thanks for making the point for DaS2 for me, you literally cant start a new playthrough of DS3 and go 'I wanna go this direction'
You can't in DS2 either because 3 out of the 5 tracks of levels are blocked off at the beginning. DS2 was already an incredible step down in terms of "I want to go here first in order to get the stuff I want for my build from DS1/demon souls, so I much prefer a game that makes up for being more linear by having actual fucking interesting levels like DS3 over being able to CHOOSE the exact order of terrible levels like black marsh, tower of flame and sotfs iron keep I do.

>confirmed never played DaS2 online, it's the best online in the series.
Good non argument. Anyway DS2
- Has soul memory
- Made invasions a huge pain in the ass
- Made blue sentinel even more useless than it is in other games because invasions are a huge pain in the ass
- Made the area defense covenants in optional/hidden areas you don't really have a reason to go into
- Introduced soul memory and made it tie into total souls collected instead of SL + value of loadout because that would be too difficult
- Has zero defense against hackers if you play online on PC, aka the version of the game that doesn't have frame drops out the ass
- Had the worst pvp meta in the whole series until they nerfed the fuck out of magic, now it has the most boring aka balanced one to please duelfags
- Seriously their fix for soul memory was "buy this ring we placed on a petrified vendor hidden in a semi out of the way area and also he's in a room full of respawning bomb enemies, because FUCK you if you thought soul memory was a problem"

>NPC stuff
I'm talking about side characters, not the actual plot (because that's subjective). DS2 objectively fails to have side plots that go anywhere or even exist like 1 and 3 do.

How can I get un-softbanned from SotFS on PC?

what is that instrument that every track in DS3 uses? Is it a xylophone?

youtu.be/Ke3HWo8fTpE?t=37

do...

do people actually still do this...?

i mean granted, when the game first game out and i was on my first playthrough, i got all of my sunlight medals and batch o' embers by literally drinking a fifth of vodka and grinding old demon king so much my weapon actually broke, and it was an extremely fun night for me, but... who the fuck does that as their "thing" in souls games?

PvE is just so fucking boring in this game especially when you cheese bosses with summons. even without summons PvE is boring and repetitive, PvP is where all the novelty and challenge lies. i'll never get you PvE and jolly co-op (in the phantom/gank sense, not the fight-alongside-other-random-invaders-against-a-gank sense) nerds.

He left the Painted World. What an achievement. It's not like literal half-insane slaves have done the same or anything.
>infiltrates world's biggest organized religion and becomes its pope out of sheer badassery
Overtake a local sect and establish a cult, you mean? If self-appointed titles amounted to much, the Imperial Wizard of the Khu Klux Klan would be having the time of his life.
>overthrows the literal gods
The last god. A sickly, frail, dying god that was already ill by the time he got there.
>Plus manipulating them into going insane once they've left
The rings are a nice touch, I'll give you that. But it's still not a grand achievement in devious planning to give an ignorant underling a cursed ring and have them be cursed by said cursed ring.
>sequesters his blob-monster god away from the world, necessitating the strength of a Souls protagonist to reach him
Then how did Anri reach him?
>feeds one of the old gods to his own god and lets him play around with the corpse
See the above point about said frail, sickly and dying god.

Meanwhile, if half-truths and hyperbole is the metric we're using, let's talk about the awesomeness that is Pinwheel, shall we

>manages to establish a cult of necromancers right under the nose of the city of gods
>manages to seal away one of the THREE ORIGINAL LORDS in eternal slumber
>is so awesome that he steadily siphons its power and turns what could possibly be the most powerful lord into a glorified battery
>not only that, but said power is literally poisonous to all the gods, giving him an innate advantage when fighting against the gods of the world
>Has the only copy of the Rite of Kindling left
>it takes the strength of a souls protagonist to defeat him
>His necromancy also fuels the power of the original Skeleton Wheels, to the point where long after he's dead they're nowhere near as dangerous in DS3.

:^)

I didn't say anything about NK being a bad boss

I'm talking about the feel you get the very first time you see vendrick shuffling around in that dark room.

I legit stopped and just stared for a full minut the first time, getting creeped out by the music and ambient design.

it's such a tonal shift from DaS1 and DeS where Gwyn and Alant are hyped up the whole game and when you meet them they're an aggressive and tight as fuck boss fight.

youtube.com/watch?v=nnoZG6iCbjU

Not sure what you're hearing, user. I only hear vocals, string instruments and percussion.

>soul of cinder is fan service the boss and anyone who got hype for it is blinded by their nostalgia for DaS1
Which is ironic because DS2 was peak MEMBER THIS, because it's a game that has zero connection to DS1 (while 3 is a direct sequel) and yet it has bonfires and estus for no reason, ornstien for no reason, souls of the DS1 lords in NG for no reason, warrior of memelight covenant complete with solarie quotes on lightning spear spells for no reason, hollowing for no reason and a ton of shit taken directly from demon souls all for no reason instead of just coming up with things that are original

do...

do people actually type like this...?

Wtf I love pinwheel now!

>poison infusion
I mean I understand the cosplay, but you're reaching madman levels that shouldn't be possible.

youtu.be/Ke3HWo8fTpE?t=162
2:45

that thing in the background that keeps the beat, what is it?

I'll never understand people that take DS pvp seriously when we're 5 games in and the netcode is just as fucked, the covenant mechanics are still half assed and from cares exactly as little about balance as they always did (all they do is nerf some meta strategy for both PVE and PVP so that it's shit in the next patch/game after it makes people upset)

actual fighting games offer everything souls pvp offers but without randomly getting tazed by invisible swords because "they hit you on their screen a few seconds ago"

you mean the faint distant one? or the 1st "close" one?
ok, I'll see if I can fade out

Stop typing like that. You look like a retard. You're not "talking", you're fucking typing.

Anyway, I really like NK, so what's the problem with using the time I spend on him to farm medals?

Thank you

So....

Offline play for DaS1 and 2, yes? DaS3 was my first souls game and I've put roughly 800 or so hours into it thus far and still love it (mostly invasions everywhere from SL30 to SL140), I still invade every day.

I've never played the old ones but from the sounds of things it's just a pain in the ass and rife with hackers that can actually break your equipment and shit, feel like I'm just going to play them offline for the single player PvE and go back to DaS3 for online shenanigans. Sure DaS3 has it's share of hackers too but at SL70 +8 and below they're actually incredibly incredibly rare and pretty harmless (they just can't be killed or they insta-kill you, getting your stats jumbled and banned was patched out a long time ago, just don't pick shit up from people unless you've got a backup save handy or know the guy). Really not a big deal at all, happens maybe 1 out of 100 invasions, MAYBE, and then you just go ahead and have 99 good invasions afterwards.

The one that begins when Oswald is pronouncing the world "human". The first one you hear.
But hey, it could be just personal preference, you've already done great work, user

>and yet it has bonfires and estus for no reason,

OH LAWD it has basic gameplay mechanics from the first game. WHAT A RIPOFF

Well, I hear (presumably) a violin with more stringed instruments in the back playing a different melody, then a drum, and then I hear one of those brass discs that you smack together to get that "crashing" sort of sound. Don't really hear any xylophone.

Which is the most waifu set?
hard mode: not havelmom

>one boss
I could sit here and list bosses if we really need to get pedantic, I mean /dsg/ had plenty of charts with their favorite and least favorite bosses and none of them except troll ones made by die hard DaS2 haters had even half the bosses in the bad department.

>- Made invasions a huge pain in the ass
DaS3 made them an even bigger pain, atleast in 2 you could invade hollowed out players and you could invade after the boss died
also the game came with 2 destinct arenas with several maps, DaS3 has one that you have to pay to access.

>- Made blue sentinel even more useless than it is in other games because invasions are a huge pain in the ass
there is literally nothing more useless than having both blue sentinels and blades of the darkmoon and not giving either a blue eye orb

>- Has zero defense against hackers if you play online on PC
and DaS1 and 3 has that? Have people here already forgotten the streamed hacker rampages?

>- Had the worst pvp meta in the whole series
>das3 pvp meta: Quality
>thats it

>das2 pvp meta: strenght, dex, hexers, sorcerery, faith (until it was nerfed into the ground), mundane builds, flynn builds, havel monster with a billion buff builds

>Mentions SM three times
yeah SM was bad, everyone knows that but clearly it raped your tight little ass with how much you're crying about it.

if you play on PC ds1 has a mod that will prevent the actually dangerous hackers from messing with you, the worst you'll get are people that cheat to get gear without grinding

DS2 is generally safe from hackers just because invasions are so infreqent, don't try to play in the arena though because you'll be rolling the dice bad.

bonfire and estus tie pretty heavily into the themes of DS1 with the fire and not at all into the themes of ds2 (something about cycles and people forgetting things?)

"Checkpoint that heals you and lets you warp" could've been replaced with anything and dark souls 2 is "spam life gems the game" because of how shit they made estus anyway so why not go full demon souls are just remove that shit entirely.

I mean, besides the obvious answer of "well it's a sequel to dark souls 1 so we HAVE to have stuff that was in that game or the fans would get mad"

desert sorceress

dingy

Name another game that offers PvP that is
-assymetrical
-can happen with no transition from singleplayer to multiplayer
-isn't confined to specific dedicated areas

The only competition there is are some MMOs

karla witch set

I used scythes, fist weapons, a broken broken sword and the fucking candle sword thing that looked like a menorah. If anything, this feels like a step up.

>DS2 was already an incredible step down in terms of "I want to go here first

Bullshit bullshit bullshit. Non user you're responding to but that's just outright wrong.

Here. Here is a list of bosses that can be fought first in DaSII

The Last Giant
The Pursuer
The Rotten
Royal Rat Vanguard
Dragonrider
Old Dragonslayer
Scorpioness Najka
And technically the twin dragonriders, and Aava if you're autistic enough to grind up 1M souls before fighting your first boss

You can go to FotFG, The Gutter, Grave of Saints, or Heide's Tower of Flame as your first areas, and progress onto Huntsman's Copse or Shaded woods after five minutes of progress in FotFG or Heide's Tower respectively. DaSII gives you a fuck ton of options. On par with the first game easily.

Brass Set

>directly responsible for Lothric not linking the flame
>nobody

>take DS pvp seriously

who said anything about taking it seriously? it's about asymmetrical combat and fucking with people. it's why the one thing i can't stand is the giant seed and i consider it the same as a ragequit disconnect if it's popped, because even against a summoner class ganker host i can still fuck with them and pull them through every last mob in the level and have my fun making their lives miserable.

if you want a """"fighting game"""" go play For Honor or SF, i use backup saves so i neither get nor lose anything material from invasions, it's literally just for the experience of the invasion. it's not about being "serious" or "fair", it's about "fun" and that's it. i invade because it's fun, i do things in invasions and play with different builds because they're fun, i drop stalk dung pies on scrubs because it's fun.

just cut the crap with the muh honor and muh fair balanced duel 1v1 no chugging bullshit. also stop playing on PS4, PC has no problems with phantom range and literally any game will give you lagg problems if you're fighting someone from goddamn thailand or some shit, they're on the other side of the planet that will happen in any game. insane phantom range is a well-known console problem, same with long af loading screens and much worse lagg problems in general on top of dropped frames and 30 FPS.

Is there any point in being embered for achievements? I know while embered you can get invaded by NPC's and such. I am wondering is there any achievement that required you be embered in turn so you can kill these NPC's?

>have to abandon my favorite covenant to get in in DaS1

>I didn't say anything about NK being a bad boss

I was aware of that when I read it. I just said how amazing the boss fight is.

The only achievement that Embers even play into is "Embrace the Flame," and you get that just by having someone else in your game world, whether by invasion or summoning.

Sunless Set with or without Crown of Dusk.

>quelaag, najka, now crabchick
>we didn't see trailer-woman's feet
>egg looked like a vagrant
>vagrants are crabs
>the queen of lothric is half crab
Are you ready for DeathCrabAngel?

i can type however the fuck i want tvym, one of the perks of anonymity.

that said, you said "after hundreds of times". that would imply not only that you fought a boss you consider boring hundreds of times, but that you must then have fought a boss you actually like such as NK even MORE than that.

i had lots of fun that one night but it was what i'd consider a one-time thing, not something i could come back to day after day finding new things that are fun and enjoyable. in fact it seems like the opposite: after a few rounds of the same boss you've memorized their moveset and you're basically just going through the motions.

to each his own i suppose but just seems incredibly dull and repetitive to me. one of the reasons why i've spent hundreds of hours on DaS3 invasions and continue to do so is because it's new every time, tons of areas to fight in and new people. the fact that i'm fighting with/against real people means you might have a general idea of things from experience, but you never know exactly what's going to happen from invasion to invasion. that, on top of the odds being stacked against you, makes it exciting.

>it's about asymmetrical combat and fucking with people
>it's why the one thing i can't stand is the giant seed
>"WAAAAAAH I WANT TO FUCK WITH PEOPLE BUT THEY CAN'T FUCK WITH ME AAAAH"

That's what I read, shitter. Git gud.

Considering the overwhelming amount of SILENCE coming from the game when it comes to establishing ties between Pontiff Sulyvahn and the Grand Archives, or even any form of worship of Seath [which the archives are rife with], with no mentions whatsoever in either dialogue nor item descriptions, with the only piece of evidence being the fact that a statue in an area that is not even part of the Grand Archives has a sword model strikingly similar to his, I could just as well claim that Kaathe or Frampt are the leaders of the scholars based on the fact that the statues resembling them are ACTUALLY on the archives area.

Hell, maybe the leader of the Scholars is one of the Asylum Demons you find statues of in Smouldering Lake.

Or maybe Aldia, since you find his signature spell referencing said First Scholar.

Or hell, maybe it's King Oceiros? He's the entity in the archives that the most resemble Seath, whom they are deeply reverent towards. And he doesn't seem to be particularly excited about the prospects of linking it either anymore.

Someone call Vaati!

You might be hearing the Chimes which are long metal tubes hit with a wooden mallet. There are no xylophones in Dark Souls music, trust me.

> I mean /dsg/ had plenty of charts with their favorite and least favorite bosses and none of them except troll ones made by die hard DaS2 haters had even half the bosses in the bad department.
This literally is not an argument. "a super minority of DS fans don't actively talk about how they dislike the ds2 bosses, so that means they're good". DS2 bosses aren't "bad" for the most part because they're fucking boring and unmemorable. Hey it's three ruin sentinels, hey it's half a dozen gargoyles, hey it's a shit ton of skeletons, hey it's dragon rider but he has a friend this time and is still shit, hey it's the pursuer over and over. Most of the bosses that feel like they had more than 10 minutes of thought put into them are optional.

>DaS3 made them an even bigger pain
I think we're using different terms here.

DS3 is fundamentally less annoying to invade in because cracked orbs are 500% easier to get in large quantities and you can get a full orb maybe an hour into the game. Everything else you said is irrelevant because the very first step (actually invading someone with an orb) is way more annoying than it should be because of soul memory (horrible idea in a game that isn't 100% linear in progression) and a lack of orbs for no reason.

>also the game came with 2 destinct arenas with several maps,
First of all, DS2 only has one arena. Nobody fucking uses the blue arena because you have to actually spend your token every time. Second, dueling is for retards. Play a real fighting game.

Why do achievements matter more to you than loot or side quests?

>there is literally nothing more useless than having both blue sentinels and blades of the darkmoon and not giving either a blue eye orb
This is shitty, but again in DS3 it fundamentally actually works. Two identical covenants that can actually get summoned because people can now way of blue when they actually get invaded (and again, invasions actually happen with some frequency) is way better than "you can only blue orb people that have invaded ten times, and you can only way of blue someone that's in your area and also you wear a ring" bullshit of 2 which was again made completely unuseable by soul memory after the games population died down.

>and DaS1 and 3 has that?
DS1 has a mod to stop most cheats and DS3 has vac bans that are actually overzealous with people getting banned just for giving themselves items.

>PVP meta stuff
Before the nerfs the DS2 meta was "use hexes and win", shitty delay souls netcode + dark spells that will kill you in 1-2 shots = bad game.

You'll notice I did say that after nerfing everything into the ground DS2 has the most "balance" of potential builds but none of them are any fun at all because of the bad mechanics + nerfs.

As an aside, a competitive game isn't good based on how many options you have. It's the depth those options give you. A game with one meta build that has lots of potential interactions with itself and other builds like that is way better than a bunch of different builds that all do the same shit. I'm not necessarily saying this applies to DS3/2, but for an arenafag you sure do have a scrub mentality.

>yeah SM was bad, everyone knows that but clearly it raped your tight little ass with how much you're crying about it.
Again this is literally not an argument. SM makes the online a fucking disaster outside of dueling, and the fact that they completely failed to address it in any meaningful way is a joke.

Try not playing the same slint eye videogame every day you autistic fuck

>i have 30% more health and more than twice the estus
>also i have 2 friends who are SL999 with DMB and vestiges spam
>also we have no friendly fire
>also they have just as much life/estus as you and if they die, i'll just run/roll away forever and resummon them again and all of their estus comes back to full

>"HOW DARE YOU TRY TO EVEN THE ODDS EVEN A LITTLE BIT WITH NPCS THAT FIGHT PREDICTABLY EVERY TIME, HOW DARE YOU NOT TRY TO 1v3 ME WITH INFINITE RESUMMONS AND NO FRIENDLY FIRE VESTIGE SPAM REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
>"WHY CAN'T I MAKE A JOKE OUT OF THIS GAME AND WIN 100% OF THE TIME WITHOUT EVEN A LITTLE BIT OF RESISTANCE FROM A SINGLE INVADER WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH"

See, I can be an asshole too. That's what I read, shitter. Stay mad. :^)

Because thats why I bought the game.

>"you said "after hundreds of times". that would imply not only that you fought a boss you consider boring hundreds of times, but that you must then have fought a boss you actually like such as NK even MORE than that."
>what is figurative language

I bet you you use "literally" a lot, faggot.