What does Veeky Forums think of 2017 Mazdas...

What does Veeky Forums think of 2017 Mazdas? In my opinion they're priced well and are a great alternative to Honda but I'm an unqualified normie so what do I know.

I have an nc miata/mx5 and I think they have only got better with the new rf

I test drove the new Mazda6. The interior was really nice but it felt really big and kind of handled like a boat. I don't think it's going to make a very good car for offroading so I ultimately went with the MX 5.

>Mazda 6
>offroad
wtf

the ND RF is making me reconsider getting an NA

idk it looked good on paper with Mazda's apparently great handling on the 3 and Miata but didn't transfer over to the 6. rear independent suspension and maybe a boost with some 22 wheels didn't seem like a bad thing but I guess I'm dreaming. I really wanted a big rally car to hold my future family (right now just my dog and I)

The mazda3 gt seems like a really good car for the price, I'm seriously considering getting one.

eh it's okay but it didn't have the towing capacity to meet my needs

economy brands like mazda, kia and hyundai will never really appeal to me. Once you make shitty products for so long, t's hard to shake the stigma. Hyundai is even going so fas as to omit badging on their "lurxury" line.

too expensive and no sports car

>tfw no mazdaspeed

eh the speed 3 was ok but again not much towing capacity. pretty slow for a speed vehicle, 250hp isn't that impressive. I would expect at least 350 maybe more for AWD. hopefully they can fit a V6 into the next one.

Straight-up power never was Mazda's thing. I do hope they finally get their diesel certified - even with the BlueDEF bullshit we have to deal with - and put into the 6 and their SUVs.

Mazda's thing is chassis balance and feedback. Unfortunately that runs counter to prevailing tastes here in Murka. Don't get me wrong, I like to put my foot down and haul ass (which is why I turbocharged my NB), but what really won me over was the handling.

Wtf is all this shilling

>new Civics are ugly as sin
>Fit was neutered and got fat
>ILX/TLX transmissions caused a class action lawsuit

It seems like Honda isn't have a good time these last few years.

If Mazda has kept to their roots of fun to drive econoboxes, then I'm all in.

>ugly Civics
I saw one in blue yesterday and thought it actually looked nice. I didn't care for it in pictures, but it wasn't bad at all in person.

>Fit neutered
What happened to it?

>Mazda fun to drive econoboxes
Some of their automatics will hold their gears till redline (not that I'd buy one), and I want a RF badly. Mazda's doing OK.

their speed6 would sell if it had a v6 option

but no, they have to have a weak 4 cylinder when everyone else makes a better car than them and are more livable.

fuck em

>2.3L turbo
how is that weak exactly

there is no replacement for displacement.

I don't want an engine that struggles just to go uphill where I have to downshift several gears.

I've driven a bunch of 4 cylinders, even some turbos, but I can never go back after getting a v6.

Then get a fucking Mustang or Nissan boremobile and be done with it.

Get a proper Mazda off-roader

civics just got way too big. also those fake air vents, hate those
fits also got bigger and i think they removed some suspension thing