Since most of the expensive cost of owning a supercar is due to its exotic engine/transmission where a single bolt can...

Since most of the expensive cost of owning a supercar is due to its exotic engine/transmission where a single bolt can cost $1000, why not just swap it out with a more common engine where parts are cheaper and easier to fix?

then its not super and you spent more money than it would cost to build a kit car

and to make it even cheaper, swap out the expensive body work for a more common body type that's cheaper and easier to fix!

Power.

Not to mention if you decided it would be easier to slap a V8 from a mustang into the body of a supercar all you'd really have is a mustang with a bodykit.

Oh and high maintenance costs keep poor people away, this helps insure the reputation of the brand wont be ruined if a bunch of boy racers get their hands on it.

This would also let you make it into an FR so you can get to the engine more easily!

because its stupid
doing an engine swap on an exotic car to save money just sounds stupid. like i cant even come up with a metaphor to demonstrate how stupid it is.

>Since most of the expensive cost of owning a supercar is due to its exotic engine/transmission
[citation needed]
>where a single bolt can cost $1000
[citation needed]
>why not just swap it out with a more common engine where parts are cheaper and easier to fix?
Because shitposting is no justification to do such a thing.

A Countach's suspension needs to be completely rebuilt every 10k miles or so. That's a $$$$$ job.

you could probably cound on one hand the number of Countach's that ever made it close to 10k.

Why doesn't someone start cloning supercar engine and transmissions if they're so performant??!?

Well that's a very nice theory, but if you have the overhead to drop on a supercar to begin with, you probably aren't going to give a shit about maintenance costs or be fixing it yourself to begin with.

Essentially this

Hi Chris from B is for Build.

You will not find any good reason to justify putting in a 2JZ into an Aston Martin here. And you're still a colossal faggot and idiot for thinking you could even do such a project after failing with the Mustang.

Next episode is gonna start with "alright guys, I read the comments and decided to keep the V8." It's such a retarded idea, he probably got it while drunk and didn't put a single thought into it before shitting out the video. The way he raved about having a V8 British engineered supercar and then "oh btw, I'm going to turn it into 2JZ swapped drift beater", just doesn't add up.

A lot more interested in the 2JZ BRZ tbqh.

I'd like to see someone buy like a top of the line Lambo or something and swap in an I4 from a civic or something, make it FWD, swap the brakes for drums on all four corners, maybe lift it a few inches, that sort of thing. I think it would be funny to see someone drop stupid loads of money turning a car into the antithesis of what it was originally intended to be.

Of course, that's basically what hotrodding is anyway - turning a perfectly nice commuter car into a once-a-month track day monster that runs on 120 octane - but in reverse. I'd like to see it work the other way, just once....

reported

>exotic engine/transmission where a single bolt can cost $1000
They use regular old bolts, not even grade 8 or polished. I can't speak for every exotic but the hardware on Ferraris is actually cheaper than most other brands, especially compared to BMW, Mercedes, etc. that like to use their own special hose clamps and whatnot, Ferrari just uses stuff you could find at a hardware store (because it actually works in a performance application, unlike lots of German overengineering components).

>British Engineered V8
I'm trying to figure out a single one that isn't the 6.75 Liter.

You can literally buy supercar lookalikes built on common bodies, which, if you're swapping the fucking engine and transmission, is all you have.

This post is your brain on postmodernism- Not even once.

I really want this to happen now.
Like pic related but with generic high profile alloy tyres.

im calling the

Ford already did this. It was an instant classic. But they are too easy to work on so they didn't make that service $$$$$. They won't make that mistake again.

>like to use their own special hose clamps and whatnot
BMW's C clips are bad fucking ass though

Jay Leno's has nearly 90k on it

They aren't that bad when they are new, but still pretty much offer nothing but requiring you to buy BMW OEM parts. Once the plastic lines are old and brittle they are terrible. Normal hose clamps worked perfectly for decades, why try to reinvent the wheel?