/ng/ - Nioh General

>he doesn't fucking know V.3 edition

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armour/weapons I don't want/use?
Purple/Blue = Disassemble (Then use the blue mats to forge a purple if you have enough)
Yellow/White = Sell or you can give it to the kodamas for amrita and the odd free item.

>What does the summoning candle do?
It returns your guardian spirit to you when you die along with the amrita you collected.

>Should I use soul match?
Honestly, no, not unless you have basically finished the game and have a weapon with some really great stats. As you progress you will get a steady flow of new weapons and armour that is better than what you have. Don't waste your money on soul matching until later.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armour and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armour/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beta guide that could still be useful : pastebin.com/VEHby7kd

list of smithing texts:
pastebin.com/iDcwJWuy

Here's a brotip. If you can't tell the difference yourself, whether it does or doesn't really won't make any difference, stop using it because its wasted on you.

Git out da way!

How about you use it for five seconds and find out yourself?

>devs will add super difficult new missions in match
>people here already have Op broken shit

Wonder how hard will it really be.

>inb4 beat every boss with wood equipment

PREVIOUS THREAD:

>Op broken shit
Dude, you're still hung op on this shit?

They got 320 gear after beating 320 mission, take any 150 purple you get from the last mission on normal difficulty and go back to first mission, see how it works.

Gear is just fine, they know what gear is obtainable in their own game dude, the missions will be challenging for a little bit, and then once you beat all of them you'll get new gear that will make them piss easy, and the cycle will continue, welcome to looter games.

Daily reminder the term One Shot is perfectly fine to use when you mean killing a boss in 1 try and anyone who says otherwise is a fucking autist.

TOME CUTE

Daily reminder you're fuckin' stupid

>nobu-onna fight
>food weapons only
>no onmyo
>no ninjutsu
>no items including elixir
>player is perma-slothed

Are you this buttmad over people telling you that you're wrong?

One shot is fine for first try completion.
One hit is when you kill it in one hit.
The problem is when people use one shot when they should say one hit.

one shot has literally meant beating something in one hit since gaming existed. The term you're looking for is first try.

that's an odd way to spell Fuku my nakama

I feel like that could lead to confusion if it's not made clear in context.

>liking boys

Homo

fucking kill yourself soulsbaby nigger
one shot means one shot kill, not one attempt
the term you mean to use is 1 try, and even then people use it wrong.
>bro I just one shot that boss after 5 tries xdddd

>Being so triggered over everyone correcting you that you have to respond to yourself.

That's pretty pathetic, bro.

Daily reminder to always bully Okatsu.

>getting defensive over semantics

It's real simple. When you say you're going to give a boss a shot you mean one shot; one try. If you succeed you "one shot" the boss.

When you say you're going to kill a boss in one hit and you succeed you "one hit" the boss.

This isn't an argument. Look at a dictionary once in a while.

None of you have had luck like me today. I got 2 smithings texts in a row, one empty fight and again 2 smithing texts in a row.

you're right, including historically. this pedantry is revisionism from soup nazis

i'm sure one of them will call this a samefag so in advance fuck you

I still can't believe how much harder she gets just from putting her in a bigger room

Fuku is sexy
Tome is cute
Okatsu exists I guess

>hide behind terrain
>she suddenly gets super predictable

What the hell are people doing to get these insane builds that stomp everything into shit?
I just got through Defiled Castle and was doing pretty poor damage to the boss. But I've seen webm's of people just walking in and 3 hitting her.

Been using Hanzos set for Ninjutsu the whole game. Is this the best one? I just entered region 4 and I am still using it but now I have a problem because its so low level I have no defense and get 1 shotted by anything. How can I get a higher level version of the same set?

They're not recording the first time they attempt the boss. They're recording themselves when they're overpowered and specced out to do exactly what you see.

>He's still at it.

You really need to get your anger in check dude, its getting pretty embarrassing to watch.

+weapons
Attack buffs
Armor debuffs
Reforging
Being lv.200+

I wasn't the one who initially mentioned it. I'm just replying. Do you disagree with the logic? If so, explain why you disagree with logic.

who is ready for the One-Eyed Snake? I meant Dragon.

woah, that's nice.

post your Veeky Forums boys

I swear I don't understand how some people can be so bad in Tori gate for twilight missions.

I just got a guy that couldn't even mop up the trash mob skeleton gooners while I dealt with Hino-Enma by my damn self.

It's not gay if they're cute, dumbass.

This.
Also the entire discussion is pointless.
Just say first try like anyone else or some standard shit.

You can do a ton to boost your damage, but something as simple as weakness talisman will double your damage. Carnage+weakness+sloth talisman will quadruple your damage and make bosses too slow to do anything at all really. How you want to optimize your damage after that is basically fluff, because just mashing square with anything will suffice at that point.

when can i play as a girl???

Still trying to force your shitty meme. Fuck off.

I mentioned early in the last thread about a potentially unique helmet from a dev revenant in the Spider Nest Castle mission. didn't see it on the list of unique helmets so if anyone can confirm this is one of the unique ones that'd be cool

>I just first tried the boss

It doesn't sound correct, and correcting it to
>I just beat the boss on my first try
makes the statement take too long.

Go and see the world first

When you iron that fucking hakama you lazy shitter.

such is the price we pay for makign sure people understand what the fuck we're talking about

Do the Ninja adept mission. Farm the giant frog. Soul match but that will cost ya.

There was a list in the last thread, maybe should be added to the sticky?

er no. The term "one-shotted" generally means kill in one hit. "Try" is used for each attempt. Example:

I beat him on my first try!
I totally one-shotted that dude!

Your insistence on terminology being used the way you want it to be used is autistic and embarassing.

Unless you're killing a boss in one hit with a projectile weapon, one shot isn't applicable since you did not actually shoot anything.

Do you want to be able to communicate clearly with people or don't you?

Just beat the boss first try.
Work your phrasing, if you wanna spare words.

What's the best youtube channel/player for Nioh content?

Nekomata as a guardianspirit when?

That's not relevant. The issue is confusing killing something in a single hit and doing something on one's first try.

>farm giant frog

Oh man he is the hardest boss in the game. This is going to suck.

wow one shotting bosses feels awesome, 320's are fun!

Does she drop any texts?
Or any reason to farm her, really.

Nice find! Thanks for sharing.

are people really going to pretend the term "one shot" hasn't been used for over a decade to mean one hit kill? I mean it's been around in mmos since before WoW, and has nothing to do with whether or not you're actually shooting something.

>hardest boss in the game

He's getting pedantic because he lost.

What are you talking about? You only need to stay close to him and the only thing you need to dodge or block is when he does the jump slam attack.

I know, what I'm saying is this is one that wasn't on the list that I'm certain is a unique drop as well

I'm sure there are still a good few out there that aren't documented yet

Never. They're not honorubu enough.
Ex: that picture.
So dishonorubu she has to use a training tsuba over her trainers tsuba.

Yes. That's why I say one shot when I beat a boss in one try, and one hit when I beat a boss in one attack.

Shot is synonymous with try. Shot is not necessarily synonymous with attack since there's no guarantee it was with a projectile weapon. You don't call swinging your sword a "shot".

It's a matter of degrees whether one word is MORE appropriate to be used. One shot for one try is absolutely interchangeable in all scenarios because shot and try are true synonyms. Give it a shot and give it a try express the exact same sentiment. Whereas give it a shot and give it a hit do not express the same thing.

Which is why "one hit" the boss is the most appropriate thing to say when you kill a boss in one hit. There is no confusion there. One hit can only be interpreted one way. Since shot is synonymous with try; saying you one shot a boss when you killed it in one hit leads people to ask you if you killed it in one try or one hit. This is ineffective communication.

One shot is a figure of speech that refers to a single attack in games, which is something that actually HAS been used in many different times and contexts, unlike your stupid-ass one.

Is Peacock's element actually random? I seem to constantly get fire when I only got lightning and earth once.

Sloth + weakness + carnage talisman. Buff your weapon with Water. Get behind him and wail on the bastard. I can kill him under 1 min.

I try to do that but then he does those 2 360 degree swipes followed by the trust and kills me. I block the first swipe, the second one breaks the block stunning me and the stab kills me.

Just found this in my inventory, not sure where I got it since I just loaded up Nioh today and was clearing out my inventory from yesterday.

Haven't seen it before myself.

Your entire argument is based on the fact that a lot of people you've encountered made the same mistake. Don't mind the fucking fedora, bro, but Argumentum ad populum is a logical fallacy.

>fresh folds
>can instantly tell she literally JUST bought that outfit and put it on for that single photo
Fucking dishonorubu.

Try dodging towards him or in an angle towards him to the right. That's how I do it.

You would be completely wrong.

One shot has been standard slang for taking something down in one hit since the rise of boxing. It's been standard in games since fucking pen and paper RPGs.

You're literally the same as smash autists trying to change all the FGC universal slang because you're using it wrong and don't want to admit it.

I posted about it last thread.
You get it in the mission with nue/fake shiggy

blah blah blah

Don't make me fucking pull this thread over you little grammar nazis.

yep that's one not on the list as well

we should really start making a more comprehensive list with name, appearance, mission, and revenant names for all this shit

One shot has been used interchangeably with beating a boss in one try for just as long. Instead of using the more appropriate "one hit" for killing a boss in one hit, you helplessly cling to the argument that it's commonplace to say something ambiguous that can be misinterpreted by English speakers.

>we're wrong, but we've been saying it incorrectly for so long it should be taken as gospel and nobody should ever point out how it's irrational to do so

Holy shit this guys samurai armor look amazing. Specially his helmet. Can I get it?

I don't know if its just me but the Giant Toad is the only boss that I think has utterly fucked hitboxes

Yeah you can. You'll unlock the text for it automatically when you advance in the story.

Oh jesus christ. I can't imagine how much you must weigh. If you tell anyone, fucking anyone that you one-shotted a boss, they are going to think you mean you killed it in one hit. Furthermore, saying "first try" takes no more words or time, and is even more descriptive because it uses the word "first" meaning there were no other attempts. You are limiting the definition of a term when we already have a perfectly good term to use. Also, definitions exist because of wide-spread use. So you are incorrect in your assertion that the logic is fallacious. An example of words changing definition due to popular use would be the word "literally" which used to mean "1: in an exact sense" but now can be used for "2: emphasis or strong meaning (definitions from google)". Example:

1: You are literally the fattest person in this thread.

2: You literally suck at life and should set yourself on fire.

Are you sure you're just mispronouncing his name?

Irrational is the American grammatical error of "could care less."

Saying you took something down in "one shot" in order to convey one hit is perfectly understandable. You can kill something with one bullet, thus one shot. Using the word shot as a catch all for a punch is common in boxing and MMA hence why a gut punch will be called "a shot to the gut" by a color commentator.

We're not wrong, you're the one that's wrong and desperately trying to prove yourself to be correct in the face of your overwhelming stupidity.

No, one shot has not been used interchangeably except in your very specific fucking up the language scenario.

What?

>people ACTUALLY struggling with Giant Toad

He literally just spams his buttslam over and over and does his combo that ends in a poke. Thats all he does. Hitting him a few times and backing off/dodging his slam is ALL you need to do, it took me one try and I'm awful at the game

>no delayed iai or warping iai
This was a missed chance.

The final boss is stupid.

You're both equally wrong AND right as the actual definition of it could be construed to mean either or both of your arguments.

Welcome to English 101: ESL's not welcome edition.

>If you tell anyone, fucking anyone that you one-shotted a boss, they are going to think you mean you killed it in one hit
You are wrong about this. Without a single doubt. This is a completely incorrect statement.

>Furthermore, saying "first try" takes no more words or time
"I just first tried the boss" sounds preposterous. As I've stated already changing the syntax of the statement makes it longer, destroying the point since the statement is supposed to be brief.

>You are limiting the definition of a term when we already have a perfectly good term to use
Just because something is acceptable to you doesn't mean it's perfectly good. Shot means try. Hit means hit. They're the same amount of syllables. Using one shot when you mean one hit is unnecessarily ambiguous. Whereas shot and try are actual synonyms. Do I need to link you to a thesaurus?

>So you are incorrect in your assertion that the logic is fallacious
You've not supplied me with any logic. Your argument is emotional. You want to continue using the word incorrectly because you've done it for so long. You lose nothing by using hit to express hit, but you waste everyone's time by saying shot. What do you say when you are expressing that you've killed a boss with your first attempt? Whatever it is, it would be easier to say you one shot it. Since you already say you one shot bosses when you meant one hit, you could just as easily make the switch and nobody would ever be confused. They don't even need an explanation. "One hit" a boss is self explanatory. No ambiguity.

Explain why one shot should be used to express one hit with rational logic. Explain why one shot should not be used to express killing a boss with your first try with rational logic.

>delayed iai or warping iai

that would be cool as shit.

Is there a way to farm bosses fast? Having to redo the whole stage again sucks.

Names have power over demons and the like. Are you sure you're just not mispronouncing his name, thus making the fight harder?
Check the in-game listing on him to make absolutely sure you're not making this fatal mistake.

Then explain why the synonyms "shot" and "try" should not be used interchangeably, and why "shot" and "hit" which are not 1:1 synonyms in this context should be used interchangeably.

I eagerly await a response that even remotely approaches logic instead of argumentum ad populum.

Jesus just read the fucking image in this post
You pieces of shit.