Why is it that euro cars don't have very much aftermarket support compared to JDM? Like body kits, suspension bits...

Why is it that euro cars don't have very much aftermarket support compared to JDM? Like body kits, suspension bits, interior parts, motor stuff. There's nothing compared to like Varis, Voltex, Spoon, Cusco, Garage Vary, etc. Even for the BMW M cars. Literally all the VW/Audi's all look the same. I understand they are all spec'd and designed really well straight from the manufacture too.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IxNUlopEziE
undergroundracing.com/vehicles/ferrari-f430.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nips really like to mod cars.

There's a reason most car mods are referred to as "rice" even when it's not of japanese make, and not driven by an asian.

It comes down to Japanese car culture. It’s generally more common to build and tune cars, and the amount of tuners and shops is what leads to having so many options. I wouldn’t exactly say BMW’s, VW’s, and Audi’s are spec’d well from the factory. At least not in terms of what aftermarket tuners do. Part of it has to do with the culture, amount of tuners, and the cost of some of these cars. People are a lot less likely to tear into an 70k M3.

wat

there are plenty of European tuner companies and parts manufacturers

only difference is Japanese cars are more popular

I'm gonna be honest

I've almost never heard of someone who did any mod to a german car (other than LS Swap Porsche), and I've never heard of someone mod a British or Italian car.

>I've almost never heard of someone who did any mod to a german car

are you serious?

youtube.com/watch?v=IxNUlopEziE

also
>RWB
>Magnus Walker
>Michael Burroughs and Rusty Slammington E28

and a bunch of other

did you just learn about cars yesterday

Japanese have time to get tuner parts to "improve" their cars.
Eurocucks are too busy fixing and replacing broken OEM parts to try aftermarket parts.

It's also illegal or prohibitively difficult to do any substantial modifications to your car in most of Europe

undergroundracing.com/vehicles/ferrari-f430.html

Damn kids.

they dont call you eurocucks for nothing

I'm not a eurocuck. But they have to go through regulatory agencies to "approve" their mods, which requires tons of expensive tests. What a nanny state.

yeah higher quality parts is a bad thing

im conflicted.

I think its a great thing to have since youll never have to deal with faggots buying garbage replica parts but at the same time, you aren't free to buy whatever you want.

IIRC Japanese companies made part specs open to whoever wanted to make parts for the aftermarket. This allowed for tons of OEM equivalent parts, and many companies to offer performance parts.

I have 2 friends working on cars right now. One had no problem finding a local shop to build up his Honda block. The other is working on an older Porsche and has the option of shipping his car to an expert for work or flying the expert in and finding shop space.

There are plenty of parts available for Euro cars. I think the biggest difference is that there are far fewer Chinese knockoffs and shitty parts available for Euro cars.

TUV is one reason, and people that buy BMW's are not so price conscious that they will bolt on a off brand piece of shit they found on eBay like someone in a Honda would.

sorry lol i don't watch car jewtubers

>undergroundracing.com/vehicles/ferrari-f430.html

what a fucking nigger mod

Only a rich nigger would pay 300k+ to make their Ferrari muh 1000hp

OP sounds like an underageb& faggot. gb2 needforspeed

mods pls

Ok relax what I meant was

People who want nice cars stock: Mustang/Camaro/Dodge amerifags

People who want cars to tune: Honda/Toyota/Subaru/Meeyata/Evo/Skyline JDMfags

People who want cars for badges: jaguar/Aston buyers

People who want cars that are fun: Fiat/Alfa/Ferrari buyers

People who want cars that are a mix of all: Porsche/BMW/Audi/Mercedes German car buyers.

I guess a few people want to mod their german cars. But not as many as JDM cuz usually people don't buy German project cars.

VWs BMWs Porsches Alfas Fiats and Audis are all modified a shit ton

Jap cars are just cheap econoboxes that even the poorest can buy and modify

European cars are expensive to fix, so there's a strong incentive to avoid any mods that might cause problems elsewhere. Most modders will max out credit cards on reliability mods and run out of cash for performance mods. On the appearance end, most euro tuners prefer stancefag mods over ricey body kits.

Still with the right platform there is potential.