Why is the Mamluk empire mentioned so much less than the Ottoman """empire"" when they were objectively better

Why is the Mamluk empire mentioned so much less than the Ottoman """empire"" when they were objectively better
> rekt the crusaders
>rekt the mongols
>Fucked the Ottomans in fair combat
>all this without gunpowder
>also objectively better armor asthetics
>also didn't take rapeslaves in Europe
>probably had better qts

btw i'm not even middleastern. just recently became interested in mamluks while playing as them in EU4

Because the ottoman empire was one of the largest, richest and most powerful in world history and the Mamluks werent

>ain jalut was versus an isolated regiment because all mongols were going back to mongolia to elect a new khan
>crusade was even against the actually dynasty, just mamulks in name
>fucked ottomans in fair combat

i mean napoleon fucked austria in fair combat

didnt mean shit at the end

u mad at selim brah?

I feel as if the Ottomans lose a lot of the cool points they had, because after all for the most part I feel they just copy the Byzantines. Of course it's broad but still too similar for my eyes.

Because the ottomans were involved in European history, duh.

>didn't take rapeslaves in Europe

Do you know what a mamluk is?

>memelukes

And romans just copied the greeks, who copied the persians who copied the babylonians

>ain jalut was the only Mongol-Mamluk battle

t. couldn't be bothered to do a lick of research

I had a pretty fun mamluks-arabia campaign in multiplayer not too long ago. They're so fun once you get over their starting position and neuter the Ottos, then it's all just pondering where you want to conquer next.

considering what you list as achievements, it's not surprising no one cares about a shitty meme "empire"

greshams law in this case the good species (saracens) are pushed out of the market by trash species (ottturk)

They were turkic or georgian slaves mostly.

But selim the grim fucked them up badly.

Why does that sound like a Coldsteel type Sonic OC?

Pshhhh Nothing personnel infidel *teleports behind you* *pulls out scimitar* *decapitates you* ha, better luck next time!

Are they? Are they actually a meme? I mean does anyone even bring them up that often?

Mamluks were pretty much proto-Ottomans

Atleast the ones loyal to the Samanid empire that would later revolt and become the Ghaznavids and then be absorbed by the Seljuks

It would be more a bunch of jannisaries teleporting behind you and shooting you and your horse with guns.

The defeat of the mamelukes was actually another symptom of an ending age, they didn't use guns while the ottomans did heavily and rekt their shit with it.

>objectively better than the Ottomans
>Got rekt by the Ottomans

What did he mean by this?

Same reason why Pompey was mentioned so much less than Caesar despite being objectively better

latter kicked the former's ass

I thought it was a volcano

it was also this smug motherfucker

>they are also an empire built by turkish military mercenaries

>they were basically ottoman empire 2.0 in boring form and much less offensive

>it was only a matter of time that the ottoman sultans swallowed their empire to strenghten their backs for the wars in europe.

It was selims aim to btfo mamluks and safavids so his sons could go on and besiege every fucking castle on the balkans in peace.

Where and when did they btfo the Ottomans?
afaik the Ottomans ended them in 2 decisive battles, their heavy usage of gunpowder and artillery giving them the edge.

>liking dirty saracens of any sort
Degenerate

The Ottomans are one of those empires that get a massive boost in their first couple generations and then spend the rest of their existence fat and stagnant.
Plus, how fucking boring is yet another middle eastern power being persiaboos again

Though I suppose the same thing could be said with Europe in regards to romabooism

More like Pompey Fagnus ;^)

Because they weren't relevant to British and American history, but their continuing legacy as a warrior class in Ottoman Egypt did influence Napoleonic military fashion in that our military sabres are called mameluke swords.

Mamluks get mentioned all the time

In middle eastern history
If you are from the west, Egypt after Cleopatra wasn't that related. Egypt usually keeps to themselves for the most part unlike the Turks, Persians, and Arabs

Mamluks rarely did anything to the west and Ottomans conquered a third of Europe, so naturally the latter would be more relevant to their history

There is objectively nothing wrong with being a Persiaboo.

>georgian
circassian*

>giving away the objectively better mamelukan sand map color in "favor" of arabian green, not like there's already too much fucking green in that game
ISHYGDDT