Path of exile

ded game edition

2.6 : nothing

last

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LnT_Oqw76l4&feature=youtu.be
poeplanner.com/AAUAANklAABqTwSb7Irkr2xo8sWKfLs62AGRLdI9D6-nHM4rUA3N_lTE9iftgIp2K_dNxq4MXxjXU6X9MGoEaqUGDtR8CfZyqfcyfNnqGFHmtC8hNEE_d1M7O57FGS7ZYYVS6wk5Dvjru-2Rzjwtg8y3Pv4K8kU64aZXMZ5N49i9NZJBh_nogsco-pitga-40No6sQVXDdIhns3ynG6X974UcQ48LKdKxPauOlKGYGFS705eE0CgIWAshVoaNugaVWEhZKMB3ITZtfJuqmSEBqD5vVW1wQRfP_GsKS4AAAAAAA==
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1837150
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1837149
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Callinellus_Malleus
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Brine_Crown
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is edging myself while playing with one hand ethical gameplay?

Manifesto any minute now.

third for unethical builds

>Enjoy the challenge of Hardcore
>Suck at the game too much to play it
I love taking my self-made memebuilds through the game, but probably only 1/4 of my characters make it to maps in one piece. Hell, the furthest I've ever made it in an HC league was level 85, and I've been playing semi-regularly for 4 years. Should I buckle down and keep going on LHC, or give up and become a SC player?

kicking a ball is not soccer any more than american handegg is

you cant derive any of the arbitrary rules from "just kick the ball". because they are man made with no relation to anything mystical about the concept of kicking a ball itself

im asking is:

if you think ethics are real, show me a SINGLE little empirically observable phenomena that backs it up

>Its unethical to play PoE

guys what do i do

Was there another normie shooting?

Its unethical to play games meant for little children when you are old enough to use this website

I'm exactly the same and have only ever killed regular Atziri.
I despise the constant increase required in clear speed, all the blade skills and always rely on the same skills, lightning arrow, cyclone, IB, fireball mainly.

I feel like when reaching 85-90 in the first week of a league I had enough, usually get enough currency to do something stupid like an assassin build, then quit.

I dont like to see what the game has become at high level with millions dps dots builds or stupid shit like cyclone discharge clearing every pack instantly.

>3.8 GPA
>mid term exam tomorrow
>haven't studied one little bit for it
>been shitposting here and grinding maps instead

I want to die

>FREE
>free
>free
>free
>FREE
>free
>free
>free
>free
>free
>free
>free
>free

i a-free-ciate you

They might be excluded just from picking the "wrong" class, the "wrong" ascendancy, the "wrong" skill, and so on. They might be excluded because they cannot afford build-enabling items, Vinktar being an obvious example but only one of many.

The point is that some skills, mechanics, or builds scale exponentially instead of linearly, or are "game breaking" well beyond their original design. This is obviously an issue game balance wise, if you can acknowledge that, you can acknowledge the issue of actively condoning their use, which has a practical impact on the economy since the meta dictates the economy.

And we're back at point A, which is one of personal morals. To say "I will continue to use this gamebreaking mechanic as long as it's not patched or fixed" is to perpetuate the mindset of putting others down so long as it furthers your personal advancement. Thus, unethical behavior.

It's a multiplayer game, not a solo offline one. Your actions have consequences the moment you participate in an economy, interact with other players in any form in-game, or even speak about your build in a public platform.

That's a decision only you should make, do you want use to hold your dick when you take a piss? No one is instantly good at PoE, it takes time and dedication, if that's not for you then play shitcore or D3.

ummm first of all i was instantly good at poe

Example of an ethical build:
youtube.com/watch?v=LnT_Oqw76l4&feature=youtu.be

m-me too

show me your demis then

What determines what a player picks? Knowlegde of the game? Skill?
What determines hwo much currency can a player make? Luck? Knowledge of the game? Skill?

You are trying to imply that there is some kind of innate privilege in being able to get rich in 2 weeks. And this is where you are mistaken; other than the privilege itself of being able to spend time playing video games (which all people who play them have), it all comes down to rng and knowledge of the game. 2 things equally accesible to everyone.

You yourself said the game should reward you for being good at it before.

Your weak argument about the meta being enablist applies to all online games every, good players get ahead, bad ones less so. But any bad player can become good if he choses and has the patience to (unless p2w is involved, and in this case its not)

>mfw poopsocking autists living in their mom's basement and who have never contributed anything positive to society try to argue about ethics on a mongolian horse breeding village

Reminder that this woman is NOTHING MORE than an overly talkative Onahole, and that being pierced by Malachai was her one true proper purpose.
she only lived to be penetrated, and it's what she died doing.

i hate when mom forces the ''contribute to society'' meme in her argument.

post youre contributions to society

here's mine:

*unzips*

yeah, more like "contribute to the growing pockets of your capitalist overlord oppressors" am I right?

That's honestly not too bad for a brick.

I died on normal melicai ;_;

I think if i took three health potions in instead of 2 i would have lived.

I'll never be good at this game.

Is using PoB unethical since it allows me gain unfair advantage over those who dont even have Path of Exile?

Why play hc before you git gud?

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO rate my build pl0x

poeplanner.com/AAUAANklAABqTwSb7Irkr2xo8sWKfLs62AGRLdI9D6-nHM4rUA3N_lTE9iftgIp2K_dNxq4MXxjXU6X9MGoEaqUGDtR8CfZyqfcyfNnqGFHmtC8hNEE_d1M7O57FGS7ZYYVS6wk5Dvjru-2Rzjwtg8y3Pv4K8kU64aZXMZ5N49i9NZJBh_nogsco-pitga-40No6sQVXDdIhns3ynG6X974UcQ48LKdKxPauOlKGYGFS705eE0CgIWAshVoaNugaVWEhZKMB3ITZtfJuqmSEBqD5vVW1wQRfP_GsKS4AAAAAAA==

I'm not playing hc.

how do I make a good build

shit/10

Is this game still super intricate when it comes to best gear?

when it was still new the top streamers were picking items that were like white quality items with certain gem socks with little or no stats on them I think, it's been too long, vs stuff with stats

its a bit more intricate than your average d2-like arpg, but thats not saying much

While i find your build HIGHLY ethical, i don't believe you would be able to progress much with it.

you guys are just gonna meme "ethical" into meaning shit builds arent you

no once you cut all the chaff its pretty simple

generally it comes down to good rares and a few uniques

the intricacy comes when you need to actually buy the items

There should be 2 main determining factors in player success: player skill and player wealth.

Bad players who somehow become rich through dumb luck or RMTing, should afford powerful, expensive builds and succeed to an extent. If they do not RMT or happen to be extremely lucky, it should take them a long time to achieve the same point as better players.

Good players should be successful either because they can scale a weaker build intelligently, or possess the trading skill to snowball their economical advantage.

So far, so good. Now, what happens when even good players with a good knowledge of the game understand from the start a certain combination of skills or mechanics is going to hit a wall very early and no amount of currency fixes it? Build diversity becomes an illusion.

The crux of the issue is not so much that bad or poor players/traders are exempt from accessing the more powerful, gamebreaking builds in a timely manner. It is that some builds are quite literally incapable of reaching the level of power others do, even with massive currency injected into them, because skills share the same design space. This is the same Fireball/IcE Spear/CoC issue. If the game content is to be balanced in a way that only a handful of builds can succeed, then build diversity as a whole goes down the shitter.

The consequences of supporting unethical scaling and mechanics are multiple and far reaching, beyond even just the overall balance of skills and builds. It also affects current and upcoming uniques, it doesn't take an expert to know that something is going to be either broken and vendor trash simply because of the existence of unbalanceable, unethical, cancerous mechanics.

You're trying to defend this from a player skill angle, when player skill is becoming less and less of a factor. Or is hitting Vinktar and instantly leeching back 10k ES a skill now?

pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1837150
Manifesto

if you can make a build that takes skill out of the equation then its a good build

pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1837149
the REAL manifesto

>Over 100 unique items have been rebalanced, with a focus on improving underused uniques that didn't have a strong role in the game. We've tried to make sure that all uniques either have a positive impact on leveling characters, act as a good item to wield when first entering maps, or have a defined role for end-game characters. We've got more changes coming in future, but we've managed to make changes to a significant number of older uniques.
nice

>Some unique items that converted elemental damage to other elemental damage types have had their conversion values lowered, to increase the opportunity cost of total element-to-element conversion. Converting spells to other damage types was so easy with Pyre and Call of the Brotherhood that it compromised elemental identity for many skills.

>nerfing cold skills

>Mana has been added behind Mind over Matter, allowing for those builds to be better than ever before.

>Leech effects in the Shadow area of the tree now leech from all attack damage, not just physical attack damage.

WHAT THE FUCK
BLADE FLURRY?????
nerfed?
NERFED????
NEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRFFFFFFFEDDDDDDDD!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!
no.
NO.
NO!
NO!!!!!!!
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NONOONONONONONONONO
NO.
no.....
n-no....

this isn't happening..... no... geeh..... grrreh.... grrrrr......
gggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....
grr.... heehhhh... grrrarrr... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrAAAAaaaahhhhh.....

grgrggrrrRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOOOOOO PLEASE NO PLSNO PLS PLS NOOOOOO AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA THIS CANT HAPPPENNNIIIIIIIIIINNNGGGGGGGG AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY GOD, WHY GOD, WHY GODDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA CALL AND AMBULANCEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NYEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!'

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEeeeeeehhhh...................... ehhhhheeeeEEEAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaa....

haaaaa.... heeeeeeeeeeehhh..................*pant* aaaahhhhh.......... aaaaaaaaaahhhh.... aaaaaa..............

ggrrRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA NOOOOOOO NONONONOON UWHYWHYWHYWHY WHY WHY NONONONONONO WHY HAS GOD FORESAKEN US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WWWHHHHYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARARARRARAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaa......

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANOOOOOOOONOOO NO AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>Pyre nerfed
Well there goes my league starting build out the window

>Master of Force, the physical cluster in the Scion area and Ash, Frost and Storm, the elemental cluster in the Scion area now grant a small value of reduced reflect damage taken of their type.
Nice, AFS is now a literal +2% max res cluster

>All Threshold Jewels now require 40 of their chosen attribute to be available in the area, and no longer require it to be allocated.

The allocation bit is actually a pretty big deal, at least for some intelligence spots.

Some unique items that converted elemental damage to other elemental damage types have had their conversion values lowered, to increase the opportunity cost of total element-to-element conversion. Converting spells to other damage types was so easy with Pyre and Call of the Brotherhood that it compromised elemental identity for many skills.

B A S E D
A
S
E
D

>It is that some builds are quite literally incapable of reaching the level of power others do, even with massive currency injected into them, because skills share the same design space.

Bad game design is not a players fault. There is a correct way play arpgs: kill as much shit as quickly as possible. Any other way to play them is RP.

If skill is not a factor in being able to determine how to build well or not, then what is? Wealth? You yourself admitted wealth is only subordinate to skill.

You believe that some other build having higher numbers than yours makes it unethical because of your own inferiority complex, as i said before.

If your build does all you want it do, why do you care if some other build is better? If it doesn't, it means you dont understand mechanics and/or are bad at making currency so that you are clueless about the game.

You need to stop projecting your inadequacies in this game and blaming it on wealth, bad gems, meta mechanics, etc; and accept that pretending every build should be equal is your own personal form of roleplay to justify your build choices.

>All staves have had their block values increased. Previously, staves granted either 12% block chance or 18% block chance. They now grant 18% and 20% respectively.

JESUS CHRIST YOU GUYS LITERALLY WHAT THE FUCK DO I BUILD NOW
HOLY SHIT
OH FUCK

GOD DAMNIT WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO

glacial hammer melee splash meme might be coming true

inquisitor infernal blow finally fun

>Bad game design is not a players fault.
No, but condoning it is unethical. I tire of repeating myself. You're intent on avoiding the main point and trying to shift the topic to one of personal player skill, rather than one of global balance where one's skill has a chance to actually become meaningful.

It's really not about some builds being better than others, it's about some build limiting the design scope of others. Power variation is healthy as long as it reflects player skill or wealth variation.

Until you can understand your condoning of gamebreaking mechanics has negative consequences over others, either directly through the economy or indirectly through admission to GGG you're fine with the status quo, then arguing with you is pointless.

pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Callinellus_Malleus
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Brine_Crown

+ tidebreaker

rate my build

All sources of "Increased Radius of Area Skills" have been replaced with an increase to area. This means that rather than the area of the skill increasing exponentially as the player invests in the modifier to area scale, the radius gained per point of the stat will be lower and lower as heavy investment occurs, similar to diminishing returns. Many old radius increases that have been changed to area increases provide a higher numeric value to compensate for this change. The goal of this change is to make investing in the size of your area skills to be less exponentially rewarding the more you invest, so players don't feel like they need to gather every single point of area radius to reach their character's full potential.

As an example of how this change will work, the map mod that granted increased radius of boss skills previously granted 40% increased area of effect radius, but will now grant 100% increased area, which results in approximately the same increase to area.

As many lower level skills don't have as high a base area, they will now receive an additional flat bonus to radius at certain levels of the gem. An example of this is Blight, which gains +1 area radius every 5 levels of the gem.

All values of curse radius and aura radius were doubled when converted to curse or aura area size, to result in a similar change.

As another notable change, Melee Splash now gains significantly more increased area than it did increased radius as the gem levels, bringing it much closer to equivalent area skills.

THIS
CHANGES
EVERYTHING

how's that
I don't see much here that affects it

wait fuck tidebreaker is 2h
thought it was 1h
fuck

>As another notable change, Melee Splash now gains significantly more increased area than it did increased radius as the gem levels, bringing it much closer to equivalent area skills.

Probably this.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how badly was your planned build wrecked by those balance changes?

>As another notable change, Melee Splash now gains significantly more increased area than it did increased radius as the gem levels, bringing it much closer to equivalent area skills.

It's happening! Rabbi Wilson clearly wants me to build a Vigilant Strike Juggernaut using Tidebreaker.

>Vaal Discipline no longer grants any bonus energy shield.
Vaal Discipline no longer grants any bonus energy shield.

How will CI babies survive end game content without their life flask now

dunno desu, they only nerfed vaal discipline in my build

good idea

now shitcrows can't abuse it to get away with playing

by using regular discipline to round out their ES to a nice even 20k

>he didn't already use both normal and vaal discipline

VDiscipline is still retardedly strong given a large enough ES pool, it's hard to fear anything when your uninterruptable 5k ES recharge/sec has started, the loss of the extra buffer is a nice change though and goes a long way in bringing down ES builds to a more acceptable level

1hand sword&shield bf poison gladi.BF nerfed but sword damage up and pathing seems better so i guess not so fucked.

>He doesn't hire a Chinaman to follow him around with a Guardian running 11 auras and an Occultist running 6 curses.

>waaaah one skill did too much damage with x item conversion
>waaaah another skill did too much damage with another x item conversion
>waaah one skill did too much damage with poison
>NERF EVERYTHING

why can't GGG just fucking balance those specific cancer builds instead of killing everything. this just keeps on happening every patch. removing double dipping altogether will yet again kill a billion builds that need it to do _viable_ damage, just to kill a couple of cancer builds.

So when do we get the Tree Changes?

Is blade vortex pathfinder still viable?

>whoa all those changes are pretty good and a step in the direction
>better enter my whining bitch mode because it's never good enough

>he doesnt use blightwell and soul strike to simply have constant instant CI regeneration
>doesnt alternatively use VP/GR to instantly leech his entire healthpool back in a single hit

what percentage of builds was vortex
i doubt it was high

wednesday the 1st, most l;ikely

how would anyone know without the values

nice general OP, faggot

ES IS GARBAGE

BTFO
T
F
O

>Call of the Brotherhood nerfed
That's just sad

They have killed this game with the area change. No one wants to fucking kill one or two enemies at a time like 6 years ago.

What's your IQ?

those rings were used on other builds as well. the damage conversion has been OP forever. use hrimburn.

No one wants to fucking kill one or two enemies at a time when there's also ten times more enemies now*

It's the same exact as before, except with diminishing returns once you enter Carcass Jack shitcore territory you stupid moron. Melee Splash was actually buffed

name all of the builds you think you pyre and we'll add them up and compare to flameblast

Try reading over the AOE changes again then.

none of you know what vaal discipline was changed to and you can't stop hyperventilating

Namelocking will never be viable, unless they let you hold down your mouse button and it automatically keeps targeting new mobs.

?
It no longer grants extra es, nothing else needs a change, all the change is written right there

you know that vaal discipline stops recharge delay right
so if you take away the es that is what it does

>Melee Splash was actually buffed
for the 4th time in 5 patches.

you have no idea the ratio of the AoE changes so maybe keep your stupidity localized.

Why would you play with cold damge if you could get FREE ignites?
And why does GGG think that colkd is now less shit because it became more expensive to convert it to fire? Fucking cold does nothing on normal monsters, because they die in one hit and it does nothing against bosses because they are freeze/chill resistant.

It isn't though. They're rescaling things so they keep the same area as we have now, but removing the ability to scale past the base AoE in any meaningful way. Think about running EQ with no inc AoE gem or nodes. That's what you have to work with now.

They said the ES buff was removed, not reduced.
Removed = Changed to 0

Or as I like to say "nothing". Maybe some of this will make it through your retardation.