Why don't big car manufacturers make a cheap consumer car that looks like a sports car...

Why don't big car manufacturers make a cheap consumer car that looks like a sports car? I want something that looks cool like a Ferrari or Lamborghini without having to spend my whole lifetime just earning enough to buy one.

devalues their brand

You already can get something like this, called a kitcar/replica. Anyone who knows anything realises they are cancer.

Because the fags who have all the money are usually attention whores and they want to be the special snowflake wherever they land.

Because then it would no longer be a status symbol for the elite.
Also people would be doing mad swaps and beating OEM in power for much cheaper price.

> big risk, little reward
> what are saftey standards???

I don't mean kit cars, just something that looks cool. Pontiac used to make cool looking cars like the Firebird that didn't cost an insane amount of money yet were definitely a breed apart from regular cars.

>I want something that looks cool like a Ferrari or Lamborghini without having to spend my whole lifetime just earning enough to buy one.

>kit cars are cancer
>building your own car is cancer

Building a kit and pretending it's legit is cancer but kit cars themselves are not.

>"""""""""""cool"""""""""""
That's the reason Pontiac is dead.

That looks like the Batmobile

Maybe he doesnt like to suck dick

Because nose hooks are out of style.

The firebird was literally as expensive, if not more than a camero you fucking idiot. You still paid like 27k back in 03, which is like 35k now

>because normal people aka the majority of car buyers don't want that
>when companies do make good looking cars none of you poor faggots buy them new, so they don't sell
>getting robots to do that intricate work is expensive
>hiring humans to do that intricate work is expensive
>hiring people to design it is expensive
>those bad ass engines are expensive
Alpha just did literally what you are asking for. The 4c. Why don't you buy one?

Pontiac tried for years, were dogged every step of the way and then axed for their sheer audacity of not marching in lockstep.

So, you want the status of a Ferrari without actually driving a Ferrari?

You do realize this will never happen?

I'd settle for cars to look like this again

>if not more than a camero you fucking idiot
>CAMERO
>CAM-FUCKING-ERO

FUCKING LEL

Uhhhh... that's what a brand new mustang goes for. Not even remotely expensive

more than people on here can pay. my 2 cars combined cost less than 3k.

DC Avanti m8

>0-60 in 7.5sec
>renault 2.0
>RWD
>manual

Then your opinion on what new cars should be like literally matters to no one.

Right?

what about instances where kit car performs better than the original?

You don't really buy an Italian supercar for the performance. They're utter shit in almost every way. Like a $10k watch that loses a minute a week whereas a $10 Quartz watch loses a second a month.