Ask me about changing oil. I can do it!

Ask me about changing oil. I can do it!

Pic related; oil can Henry's REALLY doesn't want that filter coming off. Was as torqued to about 250lb/ft.

what the fuck

I honestly. Want. To. Kill. Some. Shop. Mechanics.

Had a friend come w his shitbox by. Complained he needs oil changed. Blah blah.
>Fine

TEN MINUTES OF FUCKING W THAT FUCKER UNDER THE CAR.
Finally got one of those adjustable metal pliers and just dent/twist it out.

>FUCK

Yeah I've had to use the "screwdriver" trick once before, and it worked. Not here though. I ended up using a jack like a press and putting the vehicle's weight on one of those slots to get it spun loose. Far and away the worst I've ever seen.

>be me
>stop by my dad's house to change his oil instead of letting him get ripped off by quick lube shops
>break oil drain plug loose
>oil streaming out after only about half a turn of loosening, i can also wiggle it pretty easily
>get drain plug out
>see this

What the fuck. It's like they used an impact gun to tighten this shit

It looks like they did it a few times based on how worn the head is. Few more times and you will have to start using a Phillips screwdriver

Luckily Ford was smart by making the oil pan much harder than the drain plug. Drain pan threads were pretty unharmed. I was ready to have to tap but the new plug went right in

>shop which failed to fix my oilpan three times was in charge of draining and filling my oil
oh fuck

>Ford
>Smart
They just used shitty cheap soft metal on the plug to save money during mfg

Really best thing ford ever did. Don't know why it starts dripping after 1/4 turn tho. I've probably seen worst of the worst. I've worked with some morons.. Seen plugs like your pic, completely round heads (like this O round), crush washer gasket smashed over the plug like play doh and 3 threads in the pan, cracked honda pans from over torqued plugs, dodge steel pan with thread part welded in the pan snapped off from the pan - spinning freely and dripping (pan replacement req'd transmission removal), 94 ford club wagon pan ruined (req'd intake manifold removal, y-pipe removal, motor/trans mounts disconnect, jack up engine until lower intake smash against dashboard). I've helicoiled like 100 aluminum pans. It's amazing the kind of retards they let touch wrenches.

Jiffy lube did this to my dad's 2003 Silverado admit cost him a new motor.

He got his oil changed there for YEARS and at some point they managed to strip the threads on the filter so it wouldn't come off. For 100,000+ miles he drove that fucker with the same exact filter. No one at jiffy lube ever said anythingabout it.

and get this
the previous owners garage had no oil drips anywhere
not at all
my car still drips but its not the oil pan, it's the fucking drive shaft seal. i paid 160$ for something i never needed

Yeah but used good metal on the larger, more important, and harder to change part. So the opposite would save them significantly more money?

too poor for an oil filter wrench?

>implying that works when the previous fuckhead torqued it down too much

anyone fuck up their oil changes before? ive done dozens of them before with zero problems but the last time i changed the oil on my Mustang i failed to notice the O-ring came off the old filter when i removed it and was still stuck to the bottom of the engine. new one went on right over it but didnt seal at all so i dumped out at least a quart of oil all over the driveway as soon as i started the engine.

Heh, did same thing on my old 9-5. No harm done, just little bit of additional cleaning.
Also fucked up one of my customers oil change, it was a small Hyundai, put 3 liters in the engine and it should be 2.5L, so overfilled it quite a bit. Dude wasn't looking though, never checked oil, and when I checked it before draining it was below minimum, so it kinda evens out.

Did an oil change on a vehicle with a canister filter on top of the engine. Pulled the filter, drained the oil, had a new filter in the housing but forgot to tighten it down. When I started it up the oil pressure blew the filter out along with half the oil I just put in. What a mess.

Just imagine the shock when they come your grandparents into an automatic transmission "flush"
/Drink bleach

did the same thing with my brother in laws '04 Expedition. Had to clean up a few quarts of oil off the driveway with kitty litter, Ajax detergent, and a scrub brush. Never gonna make that mistake again.

Man that sucks
Did they pay for a new engine?

engine still runs
honda stronk, but im not going to fix the cocaine powered a20, ill just put a cr-v motor in here since the mounts are the same