I had no idea until recently that Nissan made the early 90s Sentra in Mexico as a brand new car...

I had no idea until recently that Nissan made the early 90s Sentra in Mexico as a brand new car, and only now will they be ceasing its production due to stricter safety standards. It was called the Tsuru there.

I bet Nissan-fags would love the chance to own a brand new 1992 Sentra in 2017. Makes you wonder what other bullshit car makers are hiding in other countries.

Go back to pol faggot.

It's not an e30, it's a fucking sentra. There are plenty here that no one wants already.

it's time for the clamps faggot

MkI or MKii golf is still made in south Africa I think.

lol fucking triggered

this. Those things are everywhere and nobody wants them

VW Jetta Mk2 after some ridiculous faceliftings was in production in China until 2013

oh look, asians and their groceries
>it thinks it's people

cool doggo

aside from the volvo-tier trunk it looks pretty okay, did they catch on?

i think they made Nissan Hardbodies (D21s) until 2008 or '09 in mexico
south american production was until a few years ago, '14 or '15 in argentina i think
>several markets
>still never gave it a proper name in the americas
pic related, 4 banger shared by the tsurus/sentras and the D21s

mexico here

those things are fucking god awful

they resemble a b13 sentra but are actually nowhere near it in terms of materials, these things are literally tinfoil deathtraps.

the original b13 wasn't that well built to begin with, but this is much worse.

im thankful that these things will finally stop being produced, finally we will move forwards in regards to safety regulation standards. Now all cars require ABS and airbags,the tsuru had neither of those.

These are also associated with the worst kind of drivers aswell, cab drivers, fucking poor people who shouldn't have a car at all, and people who are literally clueless at driving.

These things are also extremely easy to steal. there's only about 3 kinds of keys for these cars, so chances are that if you have a key for one, you can open and steal any of these shitboxes.

Sentra didnt have a KA you retarded scumbag

These fucking shitboxes used to be absolutely everywhere in Santiago (Chile). Most cabbies already upgraded to newer and safer cars but the shittiest shadiest taxi drivers still run on these.

No shit, I had no idea. See, that's really interesting, because if you own one of these here, like the Sentra, you may want the more modern parts (headlights for example) from those foreign made cars. Or perhaps to even buy one brand new and experience the new early 90s car feeling in 2017. Keep it for a casual cruiser though, and drive something else that's safer.

Would make for a cool auto to show up at meets, good convo starter.

>that promo photo

>the original b13 wasn't that well built to begin with, but this is much worse.
How much more did they cheap it?
Still, I'd like one of the last special edition 1000.

>being this mad that I typed sentra/tsuru instead of stanza/altima
get fucked

>These things are also extremely easy to steal. there's only about 3 kinds of keys for these cars

Sentra's in the 90's are the same way.

>owned 95 sentra
>99 sentra parks next to me at the store
>fucking identical
>key fits and opens door, must be mine
>start car
>look at odometer and notice mileage
>this isn't my car.

I found an old abandoned Protege once, I drove the same car. My key was able to open the door, but not turn the ignition.

How didn't you notice the seat and mirrors were adjusted differently?

they've been making Golf Mk1 for centuries until recently in Suid-afrika

because he's making it up

The only reason they're discontinuing actually was because it was no longer profitable to make (despite all those cut corners) . Many parts were Taiwanese imports.

People liked it because it was a great buy when it came out in the late 80s. Cheap. Only car near its price bracket with rear independent suspension. Roomier that it's contemporary competitors, sipped gas, a suspension setup that did well with poorly maintained roads.

Learned to drive in one and while it's way better than some of today's factory shitboxes (looking at you, Chebby Aveo) it is horribly obsolete. Also it's like the most stolen car because it's the official car for pirate cabbies and other shady characters.

No stabilizer bar in the suspension, thinner panels and everywhere, AC is an option even in top trims, mechanical downgrades here and there, no automatic option in any trim for like the last decade, cheap mismatched plastic trim everywhere...

>chance of having no AC
>in Mexico

Can't have the min wage fleet car driving prietos too comfy. They might revolt and ask decent salaries and safer vehicles.

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQUADS

Grandpa Fong doesn't look too thrilled

>When you survive the cultural revolution, great leap forward and manage to raise a successful middle class family and they turn around and reward you with a 30 year old front wheel drive Volkswagen shitbox

>No stabilizer bar in the suspension, thinner panels and everywhere, AC is an option even in top trims
So the North American version in the 90s had a stabilizer bar, thicker panels, and A/C as standard in the higher trims?

>mechanical downgrades here and there, no automatic option in any trim for like the last decade, cheap mismatched plastic trim everywhere...
I'd say buy/import one, replace all the shit parts, maybe an engine swap, and you have a brand new looking car with a cool older look.

Twingo was manufactured until 2010s i believe

That is their dinner.

>How didn't you notice the seat and mirrors were adjusted differently?

I'm short, driver of the other sentra was short, seat adjustment was close.

Not autistic enough to notice the mirrors right off the bat.

Wait really? I need a Mk1 golf in my life.

Worse. They downgrades were made from the Mexican version (wich had already a few ones compared to NA). Mexico kept producing the B13 until discontinuation as the Tsuru while selling alongside the subsequent generations and better derivatives as different models like the Hikari, Sentra, Lucino, etc. The better option would be to get a new engine from Nissan (they still sell those because >cabbies) and put it in a less underbuilt model from the 90s.

Tbh I'm kind of mad the send-off special edition only came with steelies, a meh blue paint job, AC still as an option, cloth interiors and a ratty chrome exhaust. Seems like a really shitty send off for their sales leader compared to the 2003 VW's Bug.

>Seems like a really shitty send off for their sales leader compared to the 2003 VW's Bug.

Yeah no doubt, but then again, this is Mexico.