What exactly are the benefits buying a car through the stealership...

What exactly are the benefits buying a car through the stealership? Buying from a private seller gives you no taxes and if the seller tries to bullshit you, simply walk away. Try going into a dealership they will attempt to legally hold you hostage as long as they can. Other than buying a new car I don't see the draw of a dealership.

Some people want brand new cars straight from the manufacturer.

Some people are idiots.

The only advantage I see are lemon laws that mean if it blows up before x miles then you get a refund, although in a lot of places that only applies to new cars

Usually financing

I could see this if you had bad credit but a bank usually gives better rates than a dealership.

Do dealerships even offer good financing rates?

Not really, but for those determined to purchase a car they can't afford, it's better than no financing.

I financed my car at 0% off the lot with it being under a year old, so I guess its possible.
... It was an econobox, though, and it was near the end of the year so they may have just wanted to make room and get rid of the car.

Girls at my college buy new expensive underwear, carefully use them once or twice. They return the used underwear with some creative story, the tags still attached to the garments, for full credit. The underwear goes back on the hangers, ready for the next customer.

Some people have this concern about buying a new car, because they don't want something that other people have used. Well, unless you follow your your newly manufactured car from the assembly line and QA and customer-prep, you really don't know who has already driven your car and what they did with it. Yeah, the floor mats are still covered in plastic, that's all you know.

Dealers dont offer financing
They work with 3rd party financing companies

gap insurance

>no taxes
>go to register the car and pay the taxes then

IMHO people learn to buy cars at dealerships from their parents. Their approach to money and how to spend it doesn't come out of thin air.

Dealerships graciously accept your current car as trade-in, and you drive away with something that you can "afford", falsely based on the amount of the monthly payment, and not on how much the car will cost to own for the next few years.

The experience is hilarious. The sales droid steers you towards some car which gives him or her the most points towards their monthly sales goals. The dealership makes it so easy. No selling your car on craigslist and inviting serial killers into your house. No bank officer to point out you hardly paid any principal on your last car loan, and the trade-in is so low, that you're spending twice what your next car will be worth as soon as you drive it off the lot.

>Try going into a dealership they will attempt to legally hold you hostage as long as they can

LOL no just get up and walk away you stupid fuck

Dealing with a dealership is the same as dealing with a private seller. Don't like their price? Just get up and leave

I think if you want a brand new car, which some people want, there isn't another choice. So for that I can understand

I think it's part that and part the negative stigma that goes with buying privately. Buying at a dealer is like buying at a store in more normies' eyes. In their mind, there's less risk. They can come back to that dealership if there's something wrong (we know how well that will go but still). And nowadays, dealers spend so much time coddling their customers with drinks and even at a dealer near me free manicures. A private seller won't coddle them and will tell it to them straight up, so you have a valid point saying they can't take the hard truth straight up.

>At a dealer you can convince yourself you're getting a good deal because a dealer steals all your money without you realizing while a private seller just takes exactly what you have to pay

I had a friend who went to a really bad dealership and when they went for a test drive they took their keys. When they came back and decided they wouldn't buy at that current moment, the dealer held their keys and wouldn't give it to them until they made some type of offer or consideration. They had to call the cops to get their keys back

Where do you guys think the used cars you buy come from? If everybody did it the "right" way, only buying from private sellers, there wouldn't be any cars to buy used

He should have never given him the keys in the first place. All they can do is make a copy of your driver's license

Legal protections, having it serviced, warranty, finance, not dealing with J Random Boomer Fuckwit, assurance that it's at least been fucking washed inside and out.
According to the people who bought my old car, some people try selling cars while they're still full of crap, or filthy. Pretty sure mine sold quickly because I washed and polished it and re-blackened all the rubber trim before I put it on the market.

>re-blackened all the rubber trim
what product

fpbp

And people like you do exist. But you're not the average.

Most people selling on private are overvaluing their cars (wouldn't take a trade-in amount), have absolute shit heaps, can't be fucked to clean them, are annoying to call/deal with, offer zero warranty, generally more of a hassle to transfer ownership, etc.

Where I am we still pay taxes on private sales: registering the car means paying the sales tax on your bill of sale amount.

Better deals can be had on private sales, but not always. Dealers get trade-ins all the time and flip them for small profits, but you won't see a private seller selling for the trade-in value so even with a mark-up sometimes dealers are competitively priced.

Plus dealers have quotas and other financial factors that mean deals now and again.

This. Plus the dealership provides a free cup of coffee.

dealer is the best place to buy a car imo

no one else has immaculate four year old cars just off lease

doesn't cover lemons dumbass