So have you heathens accepted the Prowler as your one true god machine yet?

So have you heathens accepted the Prowler as your one true god machine yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mgH1-51C-Og
youtube.com/watch?v=ogrcUqZ0TS8
youtube.com/watch?v=HONS62ak7Oc
youtube.com/watch?v=Oc9z7QcLMu4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Only if it gets a damn shave
that mustache is rather unfortunate

How did this ever make it through mass-production regulations in a country with the strictest safety standards in the world?

Chrysler magic.

Chrysler could've ruled the world if all its concepts made it to production.

It truly is one of the automotive world wonders, how this made it to production

I used to never see these all my life, and only just the past few months I've seen 3 in the wild in separate, isolated incidents. What is happening?

how do they handle? like a go kart or a trash can?

Pretty well, actually. Just need to get rid of that transmission.

Literal boomer trash.

They look like rancid shit in the flesh.

Wrong.

t. Plymouth Prowler

The transmission is literally my only complaint.
That said, I find the Prowler very interesting. They took the longitudinal FWD drivetrain of the Chrysler LH cars, put the transaxle at the back, and made it FR.

On a similar not, this makes me wonder if I could take a C5 transaxle, bolt it to an LS V8, and shove it in a longitudinal FWD car, like a Toronado.

This.
Is that a chopped up PT Cruiser chassis?

Modern day Toronado when.

>Is that a chopped up PT Cruiser chassis?
No. The Prowler predated the PT Cruiser by a few years.
The Prowler is a front engine, rear drive roadster styled to look like a hot rod concept car.
Under the hood is the 3.5L SOHC 24 valve V6 from the FWD Chrysler LH cars.
At the back is an IRS incorporating the FWD 4 speed automatic transaxle from the FWD LH cars.

The Prowler's drivetrain pretty much came from the Chrysler Concorde and Dodge Intrepid.

>design car to be a "tribute to the hot rod"
>give it a V6 and automatic transmission

Here's when it was launched in 1997
youtube.com/watch?v=mgH1-51C-Og

They skipped the 1998 model year. Due to the Mercedes takeover, the 3.5L V6 wasn't made available again until 1999. In 1999, production resumed using the updated 3.5.
youtube.com/watch?v=ogrcUqZ0TS8

And believe it or not, it did have some competition.
youtube.com/watch?v=HONS62ak7Oc

Panoz was relevant? Ever?

There was a purple one at a local dealership. I wanted it so badly. It was sold within a week.

So jello.

I like that dark red violet color a lot, it's a special car something else then what the masses drive.
I like it. a true sunshine cruiser

What were they selling it for?

>In 1998, a Plymouth Prowler was sealed in a mausoleum as a time capsule in Tulsa, Oklahoma. While similar in concept to the buried 1957 Plymouth Belvedere that formerly resided near the courthouse, the buried Prowler was sealed in Centennial Park in an above-ground vault and sealed within a plastic box instead of plastic sheets that covered the Belvedere. Experts believe the Prowler has a better chance of looking how it did when it was sealed when the time capsule is opened in 2048, when it will be returned to Chrysler.

kewl

Danny actually has some patents in CF fabrication so while they may not be relevant on the scale of a larger manufacturer, they definitely have brought some things to the table. That said, their choice of engine was shit, and my '87 Grand National can outrun Patrick Dempsey's Esperante.

I sat in one on a dealership floor when it was still new. Felt like a kit car in the worst way possible. Also it's a "sports car" with the engine of an Intrepid.

>v6
>auto transmission
>looks edgy
its literal boomermobile if I ever saw one.

No one cares.

>Prowler as your one true god machine
It has too many wheels for that.

>implying bikes have souls

you clearly haven't ridden a high strung 2 stroke.

>Prowler Black

I only ever saw em as a kid (23 now)

No, fuck you, only I'm allowed to be 23.

would you rather prefer Virgin Green

It's been fucking cool seeing all the Prowlers coming out of storage and reappearing in the real world. There's a whole shit ton of them in Dallas and a few of them have been V8 swapped.

Talked to one guy at an In and Out about his. He had dropped a crate 5.7L Hemi into it along with the Tremec 6. He had video of him trapping 11s at the strip and was super proud of it.

>1957 Plymouth Belvedere time capsule
>Miss Belvedere
>After eighteen months of preparations by a group of volunteers the vault was opened on June 14, 2007 during the state's centennial celebration. Those working on the project were dismayed when it was found that the car was sitting in nearly 2,000 gallons of standing water four feet high. It had also appeared that at some point the vault had been filled with water to a point just below the lid level covering the car.
>In line with the Cold War realities of late 1950s America, the concrete enclosure was advertised as having been built to withstand a nuclear attack but was not airtight which allowed water to seep in.
>However, following an investment of more than $15,000 and the realization of the weakened condition of the frame and body work ceased on the Miss Belvedere.

They fucked it up.

That made me sad

It perfectly represented the concept of American thinking.

the one with the shaker?
It is bretty neat, I just think it would look so much better with the safety bumpers off

Not that one, but I think I've seen it around. It's got the original yellow paint, an exposed engine bay, and no bumpers. It's really fucking cool, but I've only seen it that one time.

Yuck

The original boomer retro garbage car that sparked the stupid Chevy ssr and ford thundercuck

Back in the early 2000's I raced one of these against my 90 mclaren turbo Grand Prix with four people in it and walked all over it. Sad! Poor boomer probably went home and shot himself and missed and ended up a vegitable

>Boomers are short sighted: the post

Kek

I realize its easy to be critical of their decision making now, but all of their V8's at the time that were "small" were woefully antiquated and made the same if not less hp.

The 5.9l from the Dakota was considered a hot rodded truck and that was making 250hp as well. The "modern" 4.7 Magnum that came later only made 235.

So why compromise the car with added weight and dimensions in the nose when you have a relatively powerful and efficient V6 just to give it a noise?

Imo, had they put a V8 in it would have been even MORE of a boomer mobile.

>Chrysler
No

$14,000

What the fuck is this shit

Give me one like has and with matching trailer.

Any particular reason that pic is taken from exactly this angle?

I love the prowler. Even thought about buying one recently. It's just SO SLOW. I still might get one, but they are expensive.

It is absolutely not a sports car. It's a throw back to hot rods and a cruiser car. It's not meant to be raced, abused etc. It's just a cool looking car.

>Imo, had they put a V8 in it would have been even MORE of a boomer mobile.
Kek, this illustrates Veeky Forums's hypocrisy so well. All these people criticizing it for being "such a boomermobile," yet at the same time lamenting that it doesn't have muh 900 cubic inch hemi V8, it's not a real car.

What's wrong with that exact angle? You know there's a picture of the front in the first reply.

jesus christ

oh

OH GOD

Is that a fucking sport Ute?

The greatest pickup truck on God's non-existent green earth.

>he doesn't want the superior Howler
ISHYGDDT

Why do people keep saying the Howler is superior?

V8

4.7 V8, 5 speed, and the massive trunk.

Plymouth new they were going to get axed. The prowler was a concept to create cheap sports cars again. Mercedes didn't take too kindly.

It's always fucking Mercedes, isn't it.

>ran when parked
>all parts there just don't have time to finish it
>minimal surface rust
>$20000 no lowballs I know what I got

>The interior is still caked in mud.
>"That's actually supporting the sheet metal"
40 years of sitting in water does this to a car.

>Boomer
most of Chrysler's retro concepts at the time were aimed at the greatest gen, not boomers.

which is why they failed. Boomers dont give a shit about 40's/50's cars. they want 60's/70's cars, and their target demographic was too old to care

>frame damage
>Not building new structrual components like VW bus guys do

it's like they're not even trying

>3 speed auto
>god machine
You Americans are weird....

It's a 4 speed, not a 3 speed.

It's a joke.

>i know what i got
>perfect for a father & son project build

youtube.com/watch?v=Oc9z7QcLMu4

>plymouth motors
>logo is a boat

>doesn't know American history
The logo, is an updated version of the original, which showed the Mayflower landing at Plymouth Rock

I recently bought one for 10k, it's pretty fun despite the v6/auto4 BS. I've wanted one since I was a kid, and now I have one.

I like it because it's unique.

boomers on craigslist try to sell these for above MSRP lmao

>AIDS 4-speed auto

barfing_knight.jpg

>$10k

I never see them for less than $20k.

They go in my area (New England) for 13-18k usually.
Mine was 'high Milage' at 52k miles. Seeing as how people can only use them 5-6 months a year here, it makes sense they'd be cheaper

>america
>strictest safety standards in the world

Funny shit.