/twg/ - Total War General

Previous thread: >Gobbo Archers edition

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN (embed)

>Warhammer introduction to MP Lords and Heroes
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB (embed)
To update: Never pick anything other than Morghur as Beastmen.
Necromancer heroes are top pick right now while raise dead is still broken as fuck.

>Empty Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>ACTUAL Total War News
If you've been living under a rock these past few months, Shortbrindal is free now.

We have battle map creating tools now. Only land battles and only for custom/custom mp games. Siege battles may be a possibility in the future but they're practically covering their ears and screeching at any mention of using modded maps to improve the campaign.
UPDATE: PEOPLE FIGURED OUT HOW TO DO IT ANYWAY AND OUT OF DAMAGE CONTROL CA WILL BE ADDING OFFICIAL SUPPORT FOR ADDING CUSTOM MAPS TO THE CAMPAIGN ALONGSIDE THE BRETONNIA UPDATE

BRETONNIA IS 28TH OF FEBUARY:
youtube.com/watch?v=60WQUG3XW3M&t=0s

Warhammer is $12: humblebundle.com/monthly

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
>Recent
Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_5
>Recent
DLC (good goy) -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331

Suggested Mod Pack (You can pick and choose from the list, Suggested by user):
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817040576

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=869648327
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How do I get good at knife ears?

REJOICE

You don't have to git gud with them, you should be able to roll over most things.

Fug I missed the (embeds)

WHEN

Rejoice! For a Knight of Bretonnia provides your shield.

A deal's a deal user!

Now you have to sup from my Grail!

attila roll chart

Big pair of human milk bags on her.

Gonna have to update soon. Ready for that?

Rough seas ahead men!

Bretonnia edition when?

HONOR IS ALL
CHIVALRY IS ALL

>tfw want to play Bretonnia on the 28th
>also want to play the Steel Faith overhaul of them so that Grail Knights are actually lore friendly in unit sizes
what do lads

The former.

Just wait about a week for the mod to update.

What happens when a Knight does something very dishonorable? like fleeing from a fight or betraying a brother?

Do they have their own Slayer oath? Is there such a thing as a knight seeking redemption for past misdeeds?

>tfw no disavowed foot knights infantry

>using overhaul mods

>playing vanilla

>play siege in TWW for the first time
>instantly start out in range of defences
>don't even have time to start bombarding
>one line of walls

Guess I'm not playing these sieges

Vanilla Total War games are worse than vanilla Paradox games. You'd have to be a literal retard to enjoy them.

>men of the empire working together to bring the fight to chaos.

Sigmar would be proud.

Steel Faith changes the tower ranges for each faction so that I think only Dwarven towers don't give some safe area at the back of the deployment zone. I assume there would be other mods that change this too.

What the fuck kind of meme did I just stroll in on

FUCKING ELVES
I HATE ELVES SO GODDAMN MUCH
FUCKERS WIPED OUT MY BEASTMEN CAMPAIGN
IT'S NOT MY FAULT I CAN'T GET ENOUGH FAVOR TO GET CAVALRY UP IN TIME TO FIGHT YOU FUCKING KITING FAGGOTS
FUCK

Fucking wood niggers have stopped my attempts at a meme men run cold every time. I can be Morghur fucking around in Kislev and a few turns later there's like 3-4 welf doomstacks with both Durthu and Orion leading one each seeking to anally rape my shitty goat ass and no matter how many times I beat them back they always come back a handful of turns later.

norscan genocide.

friendly reminder that gork and mork are the absolute top lads

what's their definition of lore friendly especially compared to chaos knights and vampire knights.

What mod do you use to recruit different province colours?

All the province reskins I have don't make the distinction and you can only recruit reikland troops no matter the province

Chaos knights I can agree with. They're still numerous and are just basically mounted Chaos Warriors which are also numerous. Blood Knights and Grail Knights need to come in units of 12 like Aspiring Champions, since they are the FINEST of the realm and are can't just appear like a full regiment out of the stables

It doesn't help that beastmen have a really hard time with replenishment
Is there a mod or something that I can use to make the elves fuck off a little? Like only kick my ass if I come after their settlements?

this one.
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=869648327

some user made it.

I disagree. I always felt like grail knights were more numerous than vampiric knights. In terms of the table top Grail knights were usually fielded in units similar to other knight units. and also had a much cheaper unit cost.

Also I mean Chaos Chosen knights since I was comparing top tier cav numbers.

Vampire and Chosen cav I agree being in 12 units.
But Grail knights I'd be fine being in larger formations.

What does /twg/ use for their Battle time limit setting?

Does the general have a prefered Shogun 2 overhaul mod? I'm reinstalling it and I don't really know what to choose, most of the stuff doesnt seem to be mantained anymore.

No limit

I missed the stream earlier today. Did they show off anything new or was it just more Isabella?

TROM3

remove forest niggers

Okay. Maybe units of 20-30, but they should still be much smaller compared to a Knights of the Realm regiment which is just mortal knights

The thing to remember is that Grail Knights are superhuman. They live longer, fight better, are immune to exhaustion, and even forget about the needs of a mortal man and live ONLY to serve the lady and chivalric code. Literally a perfect knight. They shouldn't be as numerous as a normal cavalry unit

>brettonian techs give immunity to attrition from the badlands and chaos wastes

OUTTA MY WAY UNCHIVALROUS FUCKING SHITS

>one of the reasons why I like turn based strategy is because it's a good genre if you want to keep your hands busy while you listen to something else in the background, i.e. a talk show

>Warhammer
>performance plummets unbearably when I have a video on in the background

I cannot fucking STAND elves in ANY fantasy setting
They're always haughty faggots who constantly harp on MUH FORESTS and MUH ARCHERY
And they're always the GODDAMN SAME BECAUSE EVERY FANTASY SETTING HAS TO BE LIKE TOLKIEN
WHY DO FICTION WRITERS INSIST ON SHOVING THESE FAGGOTS EVERYWHERE
FUCK'S SAKE, THEY'RE EVEN IN WH40K AS THE LEAST INTERESTING FACTION EVER

attila roll chart

Do you have to be able to watch the video?

Use your smartphone

Elves exist to make humans feel inferior

T. Darth
Only Empire requires an overhaul, everything else can be fixed with smaller mods

How shit is your computer? I watch movies on my second monitor while I play most of the time without any noticeable change in framerate.

t. person who thinks every overhaul is garbage without trying them

Are they going to make wood.elves less aggressive, or are we going to have to rely on mods still

They already mentioned that they toned down wood elves.

just in time to break bretonnia

Overhauls are garbage because i said so, my opinion is fact after all.

time for fucking bretonnia to take over the fucking map with their batshit units

never learn CA, make every faction an abomination of elite units and leave virtually no room for asymmetric warfare

>brettonian lords garrisoned in cities with shrines have a chance for negative traits to be removed

YES

>the dark days will end soon
>the green tide will be stemmed
Praise Sigmar

After "an old friend" comes out is that it for free-LC?

When are they going to make the AI abide by the same rules as everyone else
Why the fuck are beastmemes able to muster top tier units within a few turns of starting the game

Doubt it, they expanded the FLC chart once already

Dark Elves are Waffen-SS will-to-power racial supremacists, check your human privlege elfophobe

I wish CA had implemented similar army building restrictions as tabletop so that the ai would build interesting armies.

I've never seen beastmen use anything higher than ungor spearmen/raiders and the occasional cygor
Then again I'm a shitter that plays on normal so maybe its different later on

probably a new FLC for the new game

Alternatively: [Ride of the Valkyries intensifies]

Some faction armies start with high tier units in their stack, like the player can

I liked Warhammer so much that I got Attila. But I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing in this game. I tried playing as the Eternal Saxon, but my army got BTFO on turn 2.

In Warhammer, you literally start the game in a war against the faction you're supposed to fight, you have a clear rival if you ever get confused
>in Attila, I'm not at war with anybody, there is no clear 'bad guy' until the huns appear, no direction

In Warhammer, you start the game off with a decent stack of troops and a nearby garbage stack of enemies to fight so you can get your feet wet
>In Attila, I tried to fight the nearest lads and they had twice as many soldiers as me

In Warhammer, the units are unique and clearly defined
>In Attila, my """soldiers""" are just a bunch of blokes in tunics wielding what appears to be rusty farm equipment

In Warhammer, you have quests and chapter objectives so you're always sure what you need to be working towards
>In Attila, you're just thrown to the wolves and told not to die

In Warhammer, there is just a small field between you and the enemy, at most a single wall if you're having a cheeky siege
>In Attila, you're actually attacking a village and the huge surrounding area, there might even be ships involved

I'm still not sure what I got myself into.

Cygors are what I'm talking about
They require a horde building only available after maxing out the horde and it does nothing else but unlock cygors

Play the WRE or ERE
Theyre retard proof

All elves are essentially race-supremacists, it's just dark elves are all-race supremacists and think even other elves are subhuman niggers

>louen starts out with 20 turns of -20 public order thanks to greenskin incursions

wew

I fucking hate the wave of bitchy newfags warhammer brought to total war.

Yeah, Warhammer was casualized in terms of starts
Git gud, make goals for yourself, follow the objectives if you want to
And yeah, welcome to the setting
Warhammer is over the top, shiny shit
Attila is grittier, more realistic depiction of the time period

>Chaos and Dwarfs cannot swing their infantry advantage
>Empire and VC get to turn their expendable and numberous front lines into elites
>Greenskin armies become black/big un spam instead of horde tactics
>The system will fuck over Lizards and Rats, Lizards will also lose their infantry advantage and Rats will have useless light infantry swarms since if it doesn't have AP its useless (same with most of the Green roster)

And soon Grail knights will be more common than Knights Errant and Knights of the Realm and Foot Squires will make Bretonnia be just yet another re-themed Warriors of Chaos that most factions play out as.

Will Bretonnia come with a balance patch?

Spider armies are pretty fun, why don't we have a shaman who can ride a giant spider or a catapult on the back of an arachnarok?

yes typically new content comes alongside patches

>not wanting those free levels
wew

Besides, what else are you gonna do early game? Attacking Marienburg is stupid because they'll just play defensive, and confederating with Bretonnia will take a while

Am I the only one who wants to cuddle a griffin ?

>Comparing the superior Dunmer to common woodland cannibals
you're a snownigger aren't you

Only Dark Elves act on it and take elven racial supremacy to it's logical conclusion of effecting a global slave empire. High Elves try to save the world and nuture and boost up other good aligned races independent of their utility to Elven interests. Wood Elves tree fuckers are eco-primivitists.

Also DEs ride dinosaurs and don't use bows, not very Tolkien.

>I'm still not sure what I got myself into.
The best TW game.

this

How many stacks do I need to fight Chaos?

Should have played Sassykids

Every flc/Dlc is a patch that re-balances and changes things, and they usually come out one every 2 months or so. that seems to be CA's cycle.

Though related to re balancing I noticed in the stream earlier something odd, and they specifically made a point of dodging.

When Dogbert was checking the garrison buildings the developer he was with kinda turned the conversation away from it. But it caught my attention and I noticed that even though Dogbert hadn't built walls in his minor settlement his settlements name still displayed the crenelations that inidcated that it's walled.

So I don't know if its going to be a feature of bretonnia or the game entirely but I think they changed walls from being the defensive building to tied to the city level. at least for bretonnia.

I might be crazy though, I just watched the video once about 8 hours ago and since then i've been working on my PC to get it up and running smoothly. I want to make sure its all ready for the new patch.

Two to three stacks.

Have they changed the way things usually play out in the grand campaign by adding new factions? I really like this but after a playthrough as every faction pre-King and Warlord it got kind of boring and I resigned to wait till it changed things up.

Back when I played pretty much every campaign as anyone but Empire became VC swell, Orks halt themselves after destroying the Dwarfs, Chaos comes in and everything is ruined and you pick up the 101 settlements leftover after Archaon gets shat on. Did the Wood Elves change it up?

It would be if it wasn't for the setting

t. plebeius maximus

Is that all? Don't they have way more than that?

t. smelly barbar in pajamas

don't forget the naked dark elf grills, hope they implement those in their full glory. but i bet the faggot edgelord sjws will intervene and it will, at most, be thrown into a dlc

Here's how the End Times go:
>wave 1: several chaos armies of middling size and quality
>wave 2: three or so 20 stacks of chaos' finest
Two or three full, high quality stacks are sufficient in my opinion, but you could always bring more.

>urge to play Rome II
>start seleucid campaign
>2 turns in everyone and their grandma is at war with me

Is it supposed to be like this or was I just extremely unlucky?
Also will they give up on the war when they destroy the initial faction they declared war on? (eg. Sardes and Media)

Wood Elves tend to declare war on pretty much everyone and act as wild cards, so they kinda help in terms of changing general outcomes
Otherwise its generally the same. I see Empire beating vamps and dwarfs beating greenskins more often than the opposite though

Reminder that there are rumors saying you may get Bretonnia a day early if you register on Total War Access.

> Seleucid

Well there's your problem.

>rumors
It's confirmed by CA. You also get a Wallpaper. No downside whatsoever

>TRAITS NOW HAVE A SUBTITLE IN BRACKETS THAT STATES WHAT TRIGGERS THEM

>Total War Access.
what