ITT we discuss what needs to be changed on Veeky Forums...

ITT we discuss what needs to be changed on Veeky Forums, mods just deleted that "worst posters" thread so they are here vigilant and currently active. MY QUESTION: why are shitposting/bait threads allowed here? It's annoying as fuck and often leaves productive/relative threads overlooked.

Took this shitposter 15 seconds to post this after thread was created

Forcing youtubers on this board needs to stop

Mostly just this desu

Delete /dat/ for a month or two.
Ban all mention of: falcunt, postie, barney, jimmy

Kek, that's not happening buddeh

there is a lot of wrong with this board but the worst thing is this Veeky Forums mentality you get when asking a reasonable question and in response you get a bunch of angry nerds telling you to fuck off to dedicated forums or buy a $3k civic/miata, everyone is so bitter and difficult to talk to. In the end this board is good only for car related shitposting because you get more posters from other boards (r9k, b, int, pol) than posters that actually know car stuff. Kudos to helpful anons and Benz.

GM BTFO

This, not everyone is poorfag looking for 3k civic. EVERYTHING here is a fucking meme

Thanks for making this thread again, I really enjoyed it the first time

I didn't make the first one, just thought janitors should know how we feel about threads. Why are you bothered? Ask them to delete this thread instead of being a whiny girl

1. Delete /dat/, it's not-cars and everybody knows it. Delete any other general/daily that's just blogging. Leave meetup threads but not if they're constantly recurring and clearly just a circlejerk
2. Enforce rule 3 - baseless criticisms and blatant shitposting such as ">actually buying x car lmfao", ">X shills btfo", ">buying x-shit ever goldface.jpg" and so on. Benchracing and the like are also covered under this.
3. Ban anybody for blatant /int/ shitposting (>X is really this fucking stupid xd)
3b. Same for /pol/
4. Consider spamming regardless of who posts it; a warning the first time and a month ban for subsequent offenses

Rule 2 is particularly important as 90% of the threads up at a given time are garbage as a result and the other 10% are derailed by the same garbage making it impossible to talk about any car. This board "culture" is entirely poorfags shitposting about any car more expensive than theirs, idiots who overpaid for a car shitposting about any car cheaper than theirs and everyone else is just parroting memes as actual arguments [clearly just to shitpost] nonstop.

Basiaclly this.

People in or barely out of high school trying to be the authority on here. Not listening to people who have actual experience with said car/mod/thing/whatever. I have posted pictures of my performance shop, and STILL had people argue me on the exact cars we work on every day all day for 12+ years.

The only thing I like about this board is visiting once a month or so, and seeing information on some new cars so I don't have to read shitty RnT etc. But other than that, this board is a bunch of poor kids mad at everything they don't like and dudes in their 20's blowing huge amounts of money on status cars, but they don't really know anything about automobiles, and they ALL act like an authority.

You won't fix this board because everyone agree with the problems, yet everyone thinks they are not part of the problem.

Also, Veeky Forums hasn't learned that opinion /= fact

>Rule 2
Point 2, rather

Honestly a mod/janitor mentality of "if it looks like a shitpost it is a shitpost" would clean the board up well

Problem is the shitposters, newfags are going to parrot what they say or do because they """"think"""" it's cool

This is the issue on pretty much every board I go on. Mods are lazy shits that only enforce rules when their agenda is supported by it or it gets mass reported

Fuck off old man

Fuck off shitposting furfag tumor.

Oh, no the gay furfag disagrees with reason

I agree otherwise, but you can't just go "well -I- know about cars so everyone should listen to me and no one else" because every idiot thinks they're a genius.
On the subject of this retard, can we also permaban trips who time and time again prove they do nothing but shitpost

No I just don't believe anyone here owns a shop at all. Stupid fag

Post proof or quit bitching

FPBP OP BTFO

Board would be better if we got rid of bus riding anons.

Blown the fuck out

>No I just don't believe anyone here owns a shop at all.
That makes you a complete jackass

I'd rather have a busrider who isn't shitposting than a moron with a shitbox nobody cares about shitposting

I don't think you should have to listen to just one or two people who say they are experts. But when you aren't an expert, it's usually wise to stfu and listen to the expert. And then ask questions or talk about it. Not
>implying I would even want that shitbox
>buyingxyzever
>lol buy a miat
>lol rwd

That mentality is the problem. I don't think anyone is the absolute expert on everything. Myself included even when disussing hte cars I know. But the fact you can't have a conversation, and it's just people deflecting or moving the goal post EVERY TIME, makes this board shit, and keeps the people who have knowledge away.
and then there's this dumb fuck and everyone like him.

I've had the Houston Night Wave faggots at my shop.

Ban all Ford and GM content

Hutry prove your +14 years of experience then

. Wow I didn't know people could be so jelly of a Chevy sonic.

Must be sad riding dat bus

In all fairness, "buy a miat" is a commonly a legitimate and good response to what a poster is looking for
inb4 gay/hairdresser jokes

/pol/s infiltration in other boards, obvious and well known to most oldtimers still stuck on Veeky Forums, has caused a drastic decline of quality.
It is no longer a community of friends or well knowledged people.
Times have changed, Veeky Forums is well known and we are posting with people from different ages.

In other words, Veeky Forums lacks respect.
>people need to lurk moar

Not really. The poster is looking for what he needs, not something like a "Miata".

Problem is people come here asking very specific shit, shit that a dedicated forum can answer much better.

You realize this poster is hypothetical, right. "lol wats a fun cheap reliable car" gets asked on here constantly

Forums have their own cultures and tend to look inwardly. Ask something that goes against their common opinions amd you'll get shot down.

Veeky Forums has a better chance of being seen by a knowledgable random.

So? it's a car forum with a varied user base. Someone might have the answer. If not, the thread will disappear after a day. Does it really matter if there's a specific request between all the corvette and fwd > rwd threads?

the real problem is all you faggots taking this board seriously, it was more fun with dead volvo posting, equinox getting shit talked for ken blocking into a tree, and termi shitposting mustangs.

also you faggots are far easier to bait than the old Veeky Forums

>Hm, I'm a desperate attention whore, where should I adopt for a name for myself to circlejerk?
>An anonymous imageboard? Perfect.
You're not le ebin troll, just a retard who shitposts and subsequently gets called retarded

Why are trips such faggots?

Ever been to a dedicated forum? It's like a cult, users jerking off mods whenever they appear, very strict rules, everyone is so anal, "this has already been talked about (like in 2007), use the search bar" etc. Also it takes some time when you get a proper answer.

There were also way more indepth threads back then. There was always shit posting, but you could also discuss cars in a lot of threads. Now it's nothing but meme threads and faggots like you. You are just being argumentative. Termi also wasn't a troll, he actually believed his mustang was the best car you could ever buy. He also unironically thought it was the fastest car on Veeky Forums. I b him tfo after we posted time slips from the track. Trolls intentionally try to rile people up by stating obviously incorrect things as fact, you guys are just stupid.

well if im an attention whore the solution would be to stop replying, but of course you are all too retarded to do that. i even left for 3 years and came back, and you motherfuckers still remember me.

you faggots ruined the board while i was gone so good job

Wow, Gypsy400 sure cleaned up his posts.

>shitposts
>whines about the board being shit
You're really not seeing the link, are you

I remember on the 350z forums years ago I asked a question after searching. I KNEW the first reply was going to be "use the search!!!! HURRRR". So I saved a picture of the search. All the posts about the question were answered with "use the search."

>spend all day on a forum
>clicks on thread asking a question he knows has already been asked
>gets mad and takes the time to tell people to search
>question never gets answered because they all say "search"

nope

I thought GS400gay was just a meme that anyone would use...

Alright just checking

How new are you?

This shit pisses me off no end.

If you know the answer it takes five minutes to respond. Also BBCode forums have shitty searches.

>people itt are replying to vtak when it's so obvious in his half assed written posts he just wants to rile gullible suckers into paying him attention and derailment

Only thing wrong with this board is the sticker general
It only exists because people that aren't originally from this board view it as a means of free advertising to sell their faggot tier moeshit stickers

Inb4chan got trolly perm banned for selling wat stickers at cost of postage through his email
Inb4chan then started paying for ad space
Now there is that cancerous shit Fuck thread advertising his trash website along with a dozen newfags shilling anime stickers

Old enough to remember 'his' endless stance threads, or threads about shitty Lexuses. Also threads with about 20 posters all using that name.

Is that the autist that gets triggered over Normies being brought into his store/threads?

see this nigga gets it

That's the biggest problem with forums IMO. You choose to click on the fucking post. You aren't going to offer any help. You take the time to write a response. The response only says "use the search." Then people stop posting.
The members say that the scene must be dying. When in reality, its because no one wants to deal with those assholes.
Why do people try to use the excuse "ughhh it gets asked here all the time!!!" ... Okay, and? Skip the fucking thread next time then. It will eventually go away. Does it really matter if it's been asked before. Either ignore it, or answer it.

I see no problem with anime. It's the faggots who scream "KAWAII DESU YO" out loud every day and plaster that shit all over their car that can burn

>STOP GIVING HIM ATTENTION LOOK HOW SMART I AM I'M NOT GIVING HIM ATTENTION
>*gives him attention*

It's your ponytailed husband you dork

nah he doesnt go to Veeky Forums just shitposts on /g/

glad you pointed that out cunt

i swear Veeky Forums has one of the worst mentality and i've been to a lot of forums and sites

>we discuss what needs to be changed on Veeky Forums,
Mass ban of nocars.

You must be fun at parties.

>You must be fun at parties.
Guaranteed you're the loud, obnoxious asshole that keeps "jokingly" insulting people and breaking things who ruins it for everyone

>mfw that's me

:D

:D

Realistically will mods pay attention to any of this?

>faggots
Well fuck you too, then.

>t. wave

racism needs to gtfo. we get it, you're edgy. now go back to pol.

You can thank the autists involved with winter ball

>racism
You seriously think THAT's the problem with /pol/tards?

oh and inb4 "cuck" and "newfriend"... i'm old here and i'm bored with the racism.

>being offended by faggot on Veeky Forums
>not taking it as a term of endearment

HA i didn't say that was the only thing

>What I learned in this thread

Newfags need to harden the fuck up. This isn't YOUR message board - many people use it for different purposes. Anonymous exists so people can say whatever they want even if they don't really believe it. 90% of the fun of this site is understanding that, learning to take criticism, then chilling with people who share your autismal interest.

Chill out and let the anarchist side of the clearweb be what it should be.

>P.S. Termi a shit.

Phoneposters like you are self is common problem to all boards

Usually it's just fags. Like the difference between nigga and nigger.

I love you for this, user.

Worst offenders, roughly in this order:
>lap times/benchracing posters, like the first one ITT
>crossboard trolls
>automotive coporate shills (i.e. alfa romeo)
>inexperienced "enthusiasts" or fanboys who have fallen victim to the Dunning-Krueger effect and spout opinions they heard elsewhere
>tripfags
>youtuber shills trying to promote their channels
>youtuber shills trying to bash other youtubers
>/general/ threads

Have a couple janitors who delete obvious shill threads, dumb troll images, and remove the option for tripcodes as a start.

autistic and cuck being used as insults, and traps becoming this fucking popular is seriously what ruined the site.

Veeky Forums isn't fun because every thread is a general, and those consist of stickers and Australians.

everything else on Veeky Forums is trap/social threads. Newfags are trying to turn it into a social media site, which it is designed *not* to be